Adventure or Bucket?

CMDE

I just received an email from Celebrity with the wording “add this to your Life’s Adventures List”. I thought that was great wording and went on to read the part that says “Leave No Must-See Unseen” - again so promising, and I do like reading about their cruise offers, of course. But then further on in the email, there is the phrase I really don’t like - the “bucket list”!

Trivial, I know, and I’ve gotten used to it, but I hate that phrase “bucket list”. Is everyone else used to it?

• Like 2

I'm not a big fan of it if for no other reason than everyone who says it seems to act like it's clever and original and that no one else ever has heard or said it.  I don't know if I've ever said it.

Honestly, though, I've spent more time thinking about it in the last minute than I have the rest of my life put together, and that's about enough for me.

My ‘bucket list’ has pretty tame things so any ideas would be welcomed. Not really bothered by it I guess. Physical limits does make many of those things not do-able, that might be what I don’t like though, but that’s not a reason not to like the phrase I guess. 

I did cross off 2 bucket list things this summer that I didn’t think I ever would though…jet skiing and kayaking. Not sure what I can do on a cruise in the western Caribbean though. 

I just told my wife we should each come up with a bucket list. She pointed to the dining room ceiling: "I want to get that done."

Apparently the concept isn't always to add adventure. Maybe she thought the term "bucket" involves paint....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, mayleeman said:

I just told my wife we should each come up with a bucket list. She pointed to the dining room ceiling: "I want to get that done."

Apparently the concept isn't always to add adventure. Maybe she thought the term "bucket" involves paint....

Tell her she's thinking of a Honey Do List. (Or don't. 😬)

I'm with you on hating the term "bucket list" while liking the concept. I just refer to it as "my list," like "Going to Morocco had never occured to me until I watched the Somebody Feed Phil episode there and now it's on my list!"

It's a long list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IslaSarah said:

I'm with you on hating the term "bucket list" while liking the concept. I just refer to it as "my list," like "Going to Morocco had never occured to me until I watched the Somebody Feed Phil episode there and now it's on my list!"

It's a long list.

Somebody Feed Phil - AWESOME program and so glad Netflix renewed it, I think the new season drops Oct 18.

• Like 1