Dining room preference?

CABCruiser

1 hour ago, CABCruiser said:

It appears I can make a reserve ration at all 3 dining rooms on the Sky Princess.  Which dining room is your favorite, Cielo, Soleil, or Estrella?  

I wish Princess had opened up the 3rd DR on our October voyages.  Just nuts IMO when cruises are sold out.  It's a hold-over (I gather) from when DMW was launched and they started with 1 DR and then finally added a second.

Anyway, I am not going to bother looking them up as I forget where those DR's are with the new names, but my fave is Deck 6 Mid-Ship (for the location).  I don't have an issue with Deck 5 Mid-Ship location, but pre-Covid it was always AT and we booked TD.  I guess if I say Deck 6 Aft is in 3rd place for me, that answers it well enough.

• Like 1

Back when 5th deck aft was traditional dining, the foyer area got dangerously overcrowded with early diners leaving and second seating diners congregating.  Since DYW supplanted Traditional Dining, this issue has been solved and a wake view makes Deck 5 aft a great place to dine.

My order of preference:

• Soleil - deck 5 midship
  • Estrella - deck 6 midship
  • Cielo - deck 6 aft

Midship locations for more stability for my wife’s motion sickness tendency & last choice is aft which can have more motion with vibrations from bow thrusters when departing ports or from the props at high speeds. Also the lobby area backs up on the stairs to deck 7 when busy.

• Thanks 1

On a recent Sky Princess 14 night cruise we changed our MDR each night in rotation and found the Estrella to be our favourite with the Cielo being our least favourite. 
Location and decor played a part in this and we couldn’t believe it when a football shirt and shorts were permitted in the Cielo one evening and shorts on another. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Edited by devonuk
Error
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, devonuk said:

On a recent Sky Princess 14 night cruise we changed our MDR each night in rotation and found the Estrella to be our favourite with the Cielo being our least favourite. 
Location and decor played a part in this and we couldn’t believe it when a football shirt and shorts were permitted in the Cielo one evening and shorts on another. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

It sounds like my kind of ship for a relaxing vacation. 😄 

20 hours ago, wowzz said:

Fortunately when we were on Regal, no one dressed that badly.  Best cross Regal off your list 😉 

If the Regal were on the Caribbean we would be among those not dressing up. We like to enjoy ourselves on vacation. 

9 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Well their you go. Now we both can enjoy the same DR on the same night dressed as we choose without any problem. 

The post wowzz put up was not whether people didn't dress up but to what extent they dressed badly. Believe me some people can turn up dressed like Walmartians. I'm OK with it and just laugh to myself.

Regards John

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, john watson said:

The post wowzz put up was not whether people didn't dress up but to what extent they dressed badly. Believe me some people can turn up dressed like Walmartians. I'm OK with it and just laugh to myself.

Regards John

Either way it's always nice to know Princess now tolerant with just about any dress code, leaving it up to the passenger to decide. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Either way it's always nice to know Princess now tolerant with just about any dress code, leaving it up to the passenger to decide. 

Totally agree with the policy and find sharing a table in the MDR is often hilarious. They either sit with you or you watch them coming in.

Regards John

16 minutes ago, john watson said:

Totally agree with the policy and find sharing a table in the MDR is often hilarious. They either sit with you or you watch them coming in.

Regards John

John, are you saying that you find the passengers wearing shorts and football shirts hilarious? 

3 hours ago, john watson said:

Regards John

I'm glad we can provide you with entertainment during dinner.

Enjoy.

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

John, are you saying that you find the passengers wearing shorts and football shirts hilarious? 

I find people's choice of what is appropriate is very amusing.  Did you ever see Alan Partridge's black jacket at a funeral?  All looked well until he turned round and a logo covering the whole back said "Castrol GTX" very funny.

Regards John

34 minutes ago, john watson said:

I find people's choice of what is appropriate is very amusing.  Did you ever see Alan Partridge's black jacket at a funeral?  All looked well until he turned round and a logo covering the whole back said "Castrol GTX" very funny.

Regards John

Yes - very funny.

I agree - the dress to impress nights especially can be very funny.  You think, who and how would anyone be impressed by what  they are wearing !

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

More about how people interpret dressing to impress. 

I did ask a guy on Princess why he wore a kilt every night.  Obviously Scottish and that's what he liked but he went on to explain after I enquired that on formal nights he wore a dress tartan but other nights a hunting tartan which is more casual you don't need a jacket with the latter but could wear a jacket but of a less formal type. I found this interesting as when he met a second guy in a kilt which seemed to attract a number of waitresses who seemed to be queueing up for selfies. The wives were seemingly having a chin wag.

Lol John

• Like 1
  • Haha 2