On my recent Grandiosa cruise, a passenger was kicked from the restaurant...

Stockjock

4 minutes ago, QueenofEverything said:

Dinner on Royal Caribbean, I couldn't count the number of people in shorts in the MDR.  My favorite was the guy in the tank top with holes in it, grungy shorts and flip flops.  Not a word was said. I really prefer not so see some guy's armpit hair while dining!  Very disappointing.  

This.........is it  really that difficult to put on a shirt with sleeves?

17 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Just ask us. 

Saturday SailAway Party Long Island Pool Deck 5 pm. (Casual).

Sunday Gala Night Dress To Impress (Elegant) .

Monday Latin Night (Casual).

Tuesday Flower Glory Night (Finest Floral Garments) 10:30 pm Le Cabaret Rouge. 

Wednesday White Night/ White Party 10:30 pm Long Island Pool Deck .

Thursday Silent Space Party (Casual) 10:30 pm Le Cabaret Rouge .

Friday Farewell Party (Casual) 10:30 pm Le Cabaret Rouge

It is also in the Daily Program.

IMG_1961.jpg.72326e63231be87b4d731b5d1642c660.jpg

This is true for one week on Seashore of their two itineraries.  On our B2B, there was a bit of variance.  As I recall from Seashore the week of Puerto Rico, the elegant night was not until Day three after leaving Nassau. I suspect the ship and the itinerary would be what makes the difference.  Our experience has been that the night before the first sea day or the actual sea day usually coincides with the elegant night.  As an example, our cruise on Meraviglia starts out with one day at Nassau followed by one day at Ocean Cay.  I suspect that our elegant night will not be until the sea day on Day four, since on Day three we don't leave Ocean Cay until 9:00 p.m. 

14 hours ago, iwtobek said:

Has anyone been downgraded yet? With no reduction in fare maybe?

Oh no, you may just have fed the troll! I am so bored with being regaled with their incredible tales of woe on thread after thread after thread.  I'm beyond caring, but I suppose there's still some comedy value to be gained from how they can't resist an opportunity to insert it, no matter how irrelevant it is to the subject at hand.  And being told (by them) how rich and well-travelled they are always brings a smile to my face as well because they seem to think that justifies their obsession.  On the contrary, it just makes me think that anyone that experienced in travel and with that much money (a) wouldn't spend 5 minutes trying (in vain) to recover what (for someone as mega rich as they would like us to think they are) is small change and (b) would have moved on from using a line that clearly causes them so much distress to one of the luxury lines which would treat them better and where they could mix with other people as wealthy and well-travelled as themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just to clarify, the guy in the shorts wasn't really being rude, but was just trying to (unsuccessfully) make his case as to why he should be allowed into a Gala Night dinner in shorts.

I have no idea how he got into the MDR or who reported him.

Edited by Stockjock

On 9/27/2022 at 9:20 AM, QueenofEverything said:

Dinner on Royal Caribbean, I couldn't count the number of people in shorts in the MDR.  My favorite was the guy in the tank top with holes in it, grungy shorts and flip flops.  Not a word was said. I really prefer not so see some guy's armpit hair while dining!  Very disappointing.  

MDR no shirts without sleeves, flip flops a No No, but a nice pair of shorts is acceptable on casual nights, not grungy with a holy tank top! We cruise a lot on Royal and for the most part, the dress code is enforced on formal nights.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 9:53 AM, CaroleC said:

I once saw a woman in a t-shirt and scruffy track suit bottoms on formal night in the MDR on a Royal Caribbean cruise! I nearly choked on my lobster I was that taken aback!! 😳

if the attire of others causes you to choke on lobster, I think you have a problem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I said “nearly”. I certainly wouldn’t waste good lobster on someone’s attire!! 🤣🤣🤣

Trust me, you are not going to get "good lobster" or even "half decent lobster" on MSC :).

Hank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2022 at 2:09 AM, cruising.mark.uk said:

Oh no, you may just have fed the troll! I am so bored with being regaled with their incredible tales of woe on thread after thread after thread.  I'm beyond caring, but I suppose there's still some comedy value to be gained from how they can't resist an opportunity to insert it, no matter how irrelevant it is to the subject at hand.  And being told (by them) how rich and well-travelled they are always brings a smile to my face as well because they seem to think that justifies their obsession.  On the contrary, it just makes me think that anyone that experienced in travel and with that much money (a) wouldn't spend 5 minutes trying (in vain) to recover what (for someone as mega rich as they would like us to think they are) is small change and (b) would have moved on from using a line that clearly causes them so much distress to one of the luxury lines which would treat them better and where they could mix with other people as wealthy and well-travelled as themselves.

I told said person he should cancel all future cruises with MSC instead of constant complaining.

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Trust me, you are not going to get "good lobster" or even "half decent lobster" on MSC :).

Hank

Here is the lobster we got in the French restaurant on Grandiosa. It was absolutely delicious. But as you might guess it was not free.

We had the trio dining package and I think it was an upsell of $17.50 per person, which is half off the menu price. But we felt like we got our moneys worth.

C528B6F0-1A10-4E4E-8573-CCD2E3FDF965.jpeg

CF2B1934-380B-455F-AC58-D7D2DE34B502.jpeg

C25342FA-76BB-441C-9884-49877116052C.jpeg

AEB8E40D-CC10-4811-8345-D094C155FBB4.jpeg

CADDC8C7-D976-4128-A486-8315BBD8F3AA.jpeg

8F083B2A-6EC7-4D71-864D-83DCF07DF3C9.jpeg

940054A2-5011-4FB2-8B63-3893C7186C32.jpeg

66265479-ADEB-4F38-9058-2797D31C5F3A.jpeg

5F7FC204-6328-46E3-83C8-289EE65FA4F5.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, CaroleC said:

It wasn’t that great on Royal Caribbean either to be perfectly honest! 😂😂

So here is my secret.  I like lobster...good lobster.....real Maine lobster.   The over salted warm water lobster tail served on most cruise ships is garbage.  So, what to do?  If you are cruising out of Port Everglades, fly down the day before your cruise and have dinner at Kelly's Landing (off 17th Street) where you can get a whole Maine lobster (we are not talking tails) right out of the tank. That will be the best seafood you have on your trip and it happens before you embark :).

Hank

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stockjock said:

Here is the lobster we got in the French restaurant on Grandiosa. It was absolutely delicious. But as you might guess it was not free.

We had the trio dining package and I think it was an upsell of $17.50 per person, which is half off the menu price. But we felt like we got our moneys worth.

C528B6F0-1A10-4E4E-8573-CCD2E3FDF965.jpeg

CF2B1934-380B-455F-AC58-D7D2DE34B502.jpeg

C25342FA-76BB-441C-9884-49877116052C.jpeg

AEB8E40D-CC10-4811-8345-D094C155FBB4.jpeg

DF854A94-410A-4B89-B2A5-1E5AE299FC95.jpeg

Looks delicious. And you make quite the handsome couple!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

So here is my secret.  I like lobster...good lobster.....real Maine lobster.   The over salted warm water lobster tail served on most cruise ships is garbage.  So, what to do?  If you are cruising out of Port Everglades, fly down the day before your cruise and have dinner at Kelly's Landing (off 17th Street) where you can get a whole Maine lobster (we are not talking tails) right out of the tank. That will be the best seafood you have on your trip and it happens before you embark :).

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

6 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

We’re from the centre of the UK so don’t often get the chance to sample good lobster. However, in 2017 we did a Canada and New England cruise and visited Bar Harbor where I had a lobster meal in a restaurant there. That tasted pretty good! 😋

For what it’s worth. Divina YC LeMuse has the Dress Code posted at the door. A friendly reminder should normally be enough to reinforce compliance. I can say from my observation that past the first night the suggested dress has been followed. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Here is the lobster we got in the French restaurant on Grandiosa. It was absolutely delicious.

Looks delicious as well as the other photos of the food you posted.  Personally, I prefer lobster tails without all of the other "stuff" that the Chef added to them.  Just good drawn butter and lemon:  that's what I prefer.  I will echo another poster's view of both of you:  as the Indonesian stewards say on HAL "Lovely couple!"  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Looks delicious as well as the other photos of the food you posted.  Personally, I prefer lobster tails without all of the other "stuff" that the Chef added to them.  Just good drawn butter and lemon:  that's what I prefer.  I will echo another poster's view of both of you:  as the Indonesian stewards say on HAL "Lovely couple!"  

That's my preference as well, but this was a bit of a different preparation and we did enjoy trying something different.

• Like 2

I just disembarked the Seashore who's itinerary was completely changed due to the hurricane. Anyway we dined at in the Aurea experience anytime dining room, Manhattan. Every night my estimate was 30-40% of the men were wearing shorts. There were a few wearing flip flops into the ding room. On Gala night there were still men in shorts but only a few. On White night many men and women wore white shorts and white T-shirts. At Butcher's Cut there were the same % of men wearing shorts. 

On 10/1/2022 at 8:26 AM, kwokpot said:

I just disembarked the Seashore who's itinerary was completely changed due to the hurricane. Anyway we dined at in the Aurea experience anytime dining room, Manhattan. Every night my estimate was 30-40% of the men were wearing shorts. There were a few wearing flip flops into the ding room. On Gala night there were still men in shorts but only a few. On White night many men and women wore white shorts and white T-shirts. At Butcher's Cut there were the same % of men wearing shorts. 

As mentioned, shorts were allowed most nights but not on Gala night.