Police & EMT discount

ulcards99

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Actually quite sad that RCI does not give a full time discount to EMT/Police and Military.  😞 

Our exact our thoughts. I have never received Police/Military discount from RCI...sad.

* On Princess, I submitted my DD214 (once, over 25 years ago) and have been given automatic OBC's. Received $250 military obc on our last Princess sailing.. 15n, r/t SF to Hawaii.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlwaysNeedSun said:

I tired to get a police discount for my son on Icon and was told it’s not offered. 

Royal uses all of their qualifiers (Military, police, fire, senior and resident) as a way to drive sales and not because they are rewarding those in that specific target group.

Some or all of those discounts may appear on selected sailings where they still have cabins to sell.  By offering those discounts they can reduce the cabin price to a limited number of people and do not have to worry about large numbers of guests calling in for price drops which may happen if they lowered the price across the board for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

@constable145 How do you find out which sailings offer police discount? My husband is retired law enforcement, would this apply?

I have no idea if retired people are eligible. 

To find out what sailings have a discount click the option when for police/ fire discounts before you select your room category and compare the prices...

Or 

Get a travel agent to do the work for you. 

7 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

@constable145 How do you find out which sailings offer police discount? My husband is retired law enforcement, would this apply?

Yes, retired LEO are eligible. We have gotten it several times. But it’s not on every sailing and not every date. You just catch it when you can. I caught it on our May 2024 sailing. Called and they added the discount - $600 - and it was gone 8 hours later.  No rhyme or reason. Take the 3 minutes it takes to do a mock booking every few days and see if you catch one.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal uses all of their qualifiers (Military, police, fire, senior and resident) as a way to drive sales and not because they are rewarding those in that specific target group.

Some or all of those discounts may appear on selected sailings where they still have cabins to sell.  By offering those discounts they can reduce the cabin price to a limited number of people and do not have to worry about large numbers of guests calling in for price drops which may happen if they lowered the price across the board for everyone.

We have not received very many military discounts at all...but when we do we appreciate it.   Can't remember the last time there was any "Senior, or FL resident ever".   

Still say it's a shame they don't always give "Military/EMT police"  discounts as a standard.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

I have also received it as a firefighter in the past, and as others have said it's not always available.  I am retired now so have not checked however our TA knows our history and C&A status and always just checks them all and get's us the best rate.  It seems like his companies group rate with included perks always works out to the best price for us. 

3 hours ago, Jose1179 said:

How do I get to put my information in? I can't find it on the website.

Welcome to CC.

Assuming you are talking about booking on the RCI site, look for a promo link at the bottom of the page which asks how many guests are in the cabin.

7 minutes ago, cruise1957 said:

vacations to go website lets you filter by police and other discounts.

Just compared their price vs RC, balcony cabin is $63 cheaper for the May 6 Alaska cruise I compared.

Edited by cruise1957
  • Thanks 1