Best way to carry 2 12 packs onto ship until room is ready.

Jgarriso

Heading out in 2 weeks on the Glory and this time we are wanting to pack 2 12 packs of diet drinks to enjoy on our balcony.  As i understand it they must be part of your carry on.   Don't want to just lug 2 12 packs around for a few hours.  So i was wondering if any other cruisers have found a good way for this.  Carry on suitcase,  or backpack or what has worked for you?   Obviously they are for my wife and i,  but i will be carrying them.

I use this:

sp129820031_sc7?wid=1536&hei=1536

https://www.staples-3p.com/s7/is/image/Staples/sp129820031_sc7?wid=1536&hei=1536

...for  my family's sodas, sparkling waters, and Red Bulls.  It also helps to carry any extra souvenirs, etc. that we buy on the cruise and don't have space for in our luggage.  It was also very helpful to carry school donations to the DR on our last cruise.  And I use it to take DD's teachers' classroom supplies into school on back-to-school night.  If I was only going to use it to carry sodas onto a cruise, I probably wouldn't have bothered buying it.  But I'm glad I did.  I find more uses for it the longer I have it.  It's lightweight and collapsible, so it could be packed into a suitcase on your way home, if you don't need it to carry anything on disembark.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, anasmom02 said:

2 12packs fit in a carry on size bag....best way i have found to carry them around

This is what we do, a hardside carryon with wheels. Then use the extra room around it for our meds and a change of clothes if our bags are late.

Used to use a small, collapsible, travel dolly we got at Wal-mart by the luggage years ago.

Folds down to like 8x10 or 10x12 inches to put in other luggage on the way home.

But the small, wheeled carryon sized luggage is perfect.

I'm Platinum so I can take it right to the room and drop it toff with our carry-ons. But, when carrying it on the ship, my wife has a handy rolling backpack that she uses for work that holds two 12 packs almost perfectly.  When we are leaving to go home we can use the backpack for anything we buy on the trip or to put the clothes we wore the last night of the cruise to take off the ship as we always set our luggage out.

On 9/28/2022 at 3:42 PM, Jgarriso said:

Heading out in 2 weeks on the Glory and this time we are wanting to pack 2 12 packs of diet drinks to enjoy on our balcony.  As i understand it they must be part of your carry on.   Don't want to just lug 2 12 packs around for a few hours.  So i was wondering if any other cruisers have found a good way for this.  Carry on suitcase,  or backpack or what has worked for you?   Obviously they are for my wife and i,  but i will be carrying them.

We have NEVER had a problem dropping off the luggage in our room when we board. Just put it in the room and leave. If you see the steward just ask. Never refused.

36 minutes ago, RD64 said:

No offence but how about you just leave it at home and buy it on the ship?

Perhaps, because the soft drinks we prefer are not available on the ship?  And the cruise line allows us to bring them.  I won't speak for others, but offer my family for example:

My DH drinks Red Bull.  Not Monster, not Rock Star, nor any other energy drink.  He only likes Red Bull.  And he likes to have at least one a day.

I am in the habit of drinking several sparkling waters a day (AHA, Bubly, La Croix, etc.)  And lemon/lime, the flavour most likely to be available onboard is by far my least favourite.

DD17 enjoys root beer in mini cans (7.5 oz).

DD20, DD17, and DH all like sữa đậu nành, Vietnamese soy milk.

All of these beverages are in cans, and none of them are available onboard.  We are allowed to bring them with us at embarkation.  And it isn't a lot of trouble, since we drive to port and have immediate access to our Suite.

So that's why we don't "leave it at home and buy it on the ship".

• Like 5

I have a soft sided cooler on wheels with a handle that I tried to use once.  The security guard wouldn't allow it since it was bigger then the 12" x 12" cooler carnival allows to be brought on board.  I tried to argue it was a suitcase since it had wheels and a handle, but they wouldn't allow it. 

Luckily we were parked at the port, so I took it back to my car and put the cans in a backpack I had also brought along. 

4 hours ago, RD64 said:

No offence but how about you just leave it at home and buy it on the ship?

I like Coke which Carnival does not sell anymore only Pepsi plus I usually buy a bottle of rum through Carnival to be delivered in the room and make drinks to enjoy on my balcony and around the ship in my tumbler. It's easy to pick up on way to ship and carry on so for me no big deal, but it's and individuals choice and I respect you buying it on the ship.

10 hours ago, halterk said:

I have a soft sided cooler on wheels with a handle that I tried to use once.  The security guard wouldn't allow it since it was bigger then the 12" x 12" cooler carnival allows to be brought on board.  I tried to argue it was a suitcase since it had wheels and a handle, but they wouldn't allow it. 

Luckily we were parked at the port, so I took it back to my car and put the cans in a backpack I had also brought along. 

Next time pack the cooler with clothes and check it.n

Empty it as soon as it arrives at your cabin and have your steward fill it throughout the cruise.

I've gotten the same cooler on every cruise for the past 15 years this way.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 3:51 PM, ShakyBeef said:

I use this:

sp129820031_sc7?wid=1536&hei=1536

https://www.staples-3p.com/s7/is/image/Staples/sp129820031_sc7?wid=1536&hei=1536

...for  my family's sodas, sparkling waters, and Red Bulls.  It also helps to carry any extra souvenirs, etc. that we buy on the cruise and don't have space for in our luggage.  It was also very helpful to carry school donations to the DR on our last cruise.  And I use it to take DD's teachers' classroom supplies into school on back-to-school night.  If I was only going to use it to carry sodas onto a cruise, I probably wouldn't have bothered buying it.  But I'm glad I did.  I find more uses for it the longer I have it.  It's lightweight and collapsible, so it could be packed into a suitcase on your way home, if you don't need it to carry anything on disembark.

That's smart!  👍

• Thanks 1