Changes Cafe al Bacio

whirlybird3

12 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

A change for sure, or a supply chain issue?

Not sure as my husband had the same for his green tea.  We could have had the same in the lido buffet without the charge. 

10 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

Which ship did you find this?

Edge 😞

I have a feeling it is a Supply Chain issue.    We had their regular teas in those little Pyramid but near the end of our Summit cruise they ran out and started using Bigelow.   The next cruise the little Pyramid's were back.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have a feeling it is a Supply Chain issue.    We had their regular teas in those little Pyramid but near the end of our Summit cruise they ran out and started using Bigelow.   The next cruise the little Pyramid's were back.

Well — Jim  posts about his walks and his coffee, and now we all know that he is not a tea drinker.  The tea in the pyramid sachets is Tea Forte.

I am posting from the Solstice, and the Solstice is serving Tea Forte in the Cafe al Bacio and also the Michael’s Club/Retreat Lounge.  Bigelow  is the brand used for room service.  

I am also guessing that this is a supply chain issue.

• Like 1

Usually they have/ had Fields and Select or similar restaurant brand tea bags in little packets at the cafes and buffet..Bigelow is a nice tea but not special like the Tea Forte..We look forward to it on Celebrity at Baccio.

.Wonder if Tea Forte is still in business..?

Is it truly a supply chain issues or yet another  down grade by X to cut costs.?

I was recently on the Summit B2B2B. Near the end of cruise 3, they ran out of Earl Grey Tea Forte, and were serving Bigelow. It was back at the beginning of cruise 3. 

Bigelow is better than most "tea dust" teas, but nowhere near as good as the Tea Forte or other leaf teas. I strongly dislike the Field Selects teas, as the plastic taste permeates the tea. 

Tea Forte is among my favorite bagged leaf teas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, hcat said:

Usually they have/ had Fields and Select or similar restaurant brand tea bags in little packets at the cafes and buffet..Bigelow is a nice tea but not special like the Tea Forte..We look forward to it on Celebrity at Baccio.

.Wonder if Tea Forte is still in business..?

Is it truly a supply chain issues or yet another  down grade by X to cut costs.?

Forte is in business and appears to have production issues as many flavors are not currently available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Bigelow is a family-owned USA specialty tea company formed in 1945 with the creation of the "Constant Comment" brand of blended tea.

The decaf version is still one of our family favorites in the late evening, and we always bring some of it along on cruises.  Have always liked the mellow spice blend in Constant Comment.

• Like 3

Bigelow- are they out of whats left of their minds? Oh my Celebrity you are going cheaper and cheaper each year. They can built all the fancy ships they like- no longer the right cruise line for me it seems- and not just because of Bigelow. Modern Luxury- my word... !

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Like 1