Lost drivers license

Dwright826

I’m sorry this happened to you.  As mentioned by mz-s, you won’t be able to sail without your original driver’s license.  A very clear picture of it won’t suffice.  You’re unlikely to get a refund except taxes/port charges, and any other prepaid items like prepaid tips, shore excursions, cheers, etc.

Edited by nwcruiselover

I do not have my old expired because they made me turn it in when I got my new one😭 And I actually am in 29 palms! I'm not military though. 

Update though.

Just got off the phone with carnival and they said that a temporary Id from the dmv will be excepted as long as it has a picture on it. Does anyone have any experience with this?

So the story is, I don't have my ID as of yesterday, and we sail tomorrow. I just got off the phone with carnival, and they said that a temporary driver's license is acceptable as long as it has a picture on it. Does anybody have any experience with sailing with the temporary id? I'm just a little reluctant because carnival customer service has been known to not know what they're talking about.

16 minutes ago, Dwright826 said:

I do not have my old expired because they made me turn it in when I got my new one😭 And I actually am in 29 palms! I'm not military though. 

Update though.

Just got off the phone with carnival and they said that a temporary Id from the dmv will be excepted as long as it has a picture on it. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I Googled that earlier and I don't think the temporary license issued by CA has a picture.temporarylicense-768x479.jpg

Edited by ray98

52 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

Does your state have a virtual  DL? Like Louisiana has La Wallet which has your DL on it and it’s a legal ID

I'm in California. Im not sure if we do. I know there was talk about it in May, but I don't know what ended up happening. I don't really see anything on the DMV website about it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Today is Sunday; don't think you'll be getting anything from DMV today...

You're absolutely right. Today is Sunday. I only live 2 hours from port and scheduled an appointment at the DMV Monday at 8 in the morning

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Do you have a police report identifying the items stolen including your driver's license. If you do, I would call Carnival today and see if they have any suggestions. Hopefully you can get a new license on Monday. Good luck!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dwright826 said:

I don’t have any experience personally but I just found this on the Carnival website.  Good luck!

91A4A0CD-60A7-4449-8786-CDDC44A1909D.jpeg

Edited by redsox1584

26 minutes ago, Dwright826 said:

You're absolutely right. Today is Sunday. I only live 2 hours from port and scheduled an appointment at the DMV Monday at 8 in the morning

And then when you get back from your cruise make sure you get a secondary form of I.D. that you DON'T keep in your wallet.   🙂

Hope it works out well for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dwright826 said:

We sail tomorrow and someone stole my wallet yesterday. How screwed and I'm with out that physical Id. I do have a very clear picture of if I had to use for verify. Just curious if I have any other options. No passport

Would it be possible to visit the DMV first thing tomorrow for a replacement?