Going, Going, Gone Sale & Diamond balcony discount?

ramja96

Are the prices quoted on the GGG sale flyer the lowest possible fare? Or can I still get the Diamond balcony discount applied to the GGG price?  The "fine print" on the flyer states "*Going, Going, Gone is valid for new individual bookings only. Offer is not combinable with any promotional offers or discounts with the exception of Crown & Anchor benefits and NextCruise Onboard Booking Bonus" - so it appears you still get the Tier bonus from C&A.

Edited by ramja96

1 minute ago, ramja96 said:

One more question (I'm a newly "crowned" diamond member) - What is the balcony discount for diamond? I can't find a specific amount on the RC website.

IIRC, it's $200 per cabin ($225 for D+), but the amount varies with other discounts.  I warned you that it gets confusing.  😄

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

IIRC, it's $200 per cabin ($225 for D+), but the amount varies with other discounts.  I warned you that it gets confusing.  😄

They upped them. Even more confusing.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/crown-anchor-society/balcony-and-suites-chart?country=SGP

Edited by Big_G
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Big_G said:

I don't think the Singapore discounts apply to US bookings.

Edit:  Actually, it looks like the discounts match, except Singapore site has the more than 6 months and within 6 months backwards.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, joetop2467 said:

We are Diamond but have never gotten a balcony discount.  Are they supposed to be available on all ships at any price?  

Try doing a dummy booking without your C&A number entered, and then again with the C&A number.  Compare the prices - you might be getting the discount without knowing it. I don't think it specifically says which discount(s) you're getting.

4 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I don't think the Singapore discounts apply to US bookings.

Edit:  Actually, it looks like the discounts match, except Singapore site has the more than 6 months and within 6 months backwards.

Didn't even realize that was the Singapore Site. It was first up when I Googled it.

10 hours ago, Big_G said:

That's pretty funny. 😄 And it is bass akwards, because the additional $25 is supposed to be if the cruise is more than 6 months away. So, their titles are transposed. :classic_rolleyes:

13 hours ago, ramja96 said:

Try doing a dummy booking without your C&A number entered, and then again with the C&A number.  Compare the prices - you might be getting the discount without knowing it. I don't think it specifically says which discount(s) you're getting.

It would be nice to see the breakdown of the various discounts(?) in the prices quoted but have not seen this for quite a while until booked and invoice provided.

50 minutes ago, zebra36 said:

It would be nice to see the breakdown of the various discounts(?) in the prices quoted but have not seen this for quite a while until booked and invoice provided.

Cruise fare
$1,568.00
Discounts (3)
Resident NRD
$-96.00
30% Savings NRD
$-404.00
Balc Suite NRD
$-226.00
Subtotal
$842.00
Taxes & fees
$360.32

3 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Did the original question get answered?  Do both discounts apply? 

It depends.  Even though there is verbiage that people hang their hats on in the end the price is the price.

NextCruise in my experience provides a reduced OBC amount or nothing for GGG bookings.  I've received weird amounts like $19.50 in OBC for solo GGG and for others the NextCruise OBC for GGG was $0.  Since GGG is often after final payment due date there is no reduced deposit at NextCruise either.  

When they are offering rates like $70pp pre-tax for a cabin I would not expect to find a full CAS balcony discount available, it won't make the cruise free.  Same with NextCruise OBC, I think you'll find $0 on the el cheapo rates.  Yet the verbiage says "...combinable with...". 

At the end of the day there are some GGG rates so cheap they can't offer CAS and/or NextCruise discounts.   

On 10/5/2022 at 1:40 AM, Coralc said:

That's pretty funny. 😄 And it is bass akwards, because the additional $25 is supposed to be if the cruise is more than 6 months away. So, their titles are transposed. :classic_rolleyes:

Yes, my first thought is that the discounts shown are reversed between the 6+ and less than 6 months.

Edited by nelblu

Hi all, 

We usually use a 'travel site' to book our cruises. We have a dedicated representative who takes care of everything for us so I never thought to ask whether we were getting the balcony discounts or not. She has our C&A info so I assumed any/all discounts were applied when she spoke with a RC rep at time of booking. (I know, shame on me for assuming.) 

Would we be better off booking through RC directly then moving the reservation over after we're booked? 

Tia

1 minute ago, runner2013 said:

Would we be better off booking through RC directly then moving the reservation over after we're booked? 

Often GGG rates require full payment since they are within final payment due date.  Once a booking is paid in full it can't be transferred.  

For the purpose of GGG your favorite TA not getting the booking isn't the end of the world.  Commission typically is very little for GGG rates.  Unless the cruise ends up cancelled by Royal there typically isn't a lot of servicing that a TA can perform on a cruise booked after final payment due date.  

Talk to you TA about it.  That's what I did.  She didn't lose sleep over a few GGG direct bookings I made.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Another_Critic said:
Cruise fare
$1,568.00
Discounts (3)
Resident NRD
$-96.00
30% Savings NRD
$-404.00
Balc Suite NRD
$-226.00
Subtotal
$842.00
Taxes & fees
$360.32

Thanks for pointing this out, I suppose I was just in a hurry to see the bottom line that I did not notice this change in format which probably happened a while ago,

• 2 months later...