Who watched the Real Love Boat?

Roatanfans

On 10/26/2022 at 1:24 PM, sonomaphil said:

Those are DOA numbers.  I'd be surprised if it makes it to the finally.  More than likely it's pulled and burned off on Paramount Plus. 

Great call Carnac.  It's been officially pulled from CBS's lineup effective Wednesday Nov 2 and future episodes will be seen on Paramount+.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

During her webinars the Princess VP of Sales enthusiastically touted TRLB as doing more for Princess Cruises than the original program. It didn’t even survive a season on CBS due to poor ratings even with the strong Survivor lead in & lost about 2/3 of that audience.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the-real-love-boat-cbs-paramount-plus-streaming-1235417328/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Great call Carnac.  It's been officially pulled from CBS's lineup effective Wednesday Nov 2 and future episodes will be seen on Paramount+.

And it will not be missed!

Glad those dopey commercials for the show will also disappear.

• Like 1

We have been watching the show but not enamored with it.  Mostly just watching to see the ship and the ports.  We don't have Paramount + and won't be buying it so will have to watch this thread and the internet to see how things turn out.

• Thanks 1

I'm surprised it even lasted 4 episodes. Nothing that bad should have been put on the air in the first place. If I was anyone at Princess connected to putting this overflowing outhouse of a show on the air, I would be hiding in shame and very concerned that I was going to get fired for embarrassing the company. An hour of static would be better TV to watch. 

Edited by SantaFeFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SantaFeFan said:

I would be hiding in shame and very concerned that I was going to get fired for embarrassing the company.

In the closing credits they give special thanks to Princess President John Padgett and Corporate Guest Services Manager Jon Pilling.

Ratings show only about 10% of the viewers were in the preferred 18-49 demographic so it wasn’t attracting many younger viewers. That means the other viewers were 50+ who likely already love cruising & we’re hoping to see more of Regal Princess & the ports which were very limited.

Another benefit for me is The Amazing Race moves to 9:00 PT.

Edited by Astro Flyer

On 10/6/2022 at 7:56 AM, cruisefam38 said:

so maybe "The Real Love Boat" meets expectations?

as CruzinSusan70 and Astro Flyer pointed out, the question has decisively been answered.

currently receiving a 3.4 weighted rating on IMDB. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/cbs-real-love-boat-paramount-plus-1235251048/

"The 2022-23 TV season has its first casualty."

The wrong kind of notoriety. 

Edited by cruisefam38
  • Like 1

Wonder how long it will take before the shops onboard start discounting all of those Real Love Boat on CBS tshirts?  They are $32 now, didn't even check to see how much the hats were.  Seriously.  I was looking for an original Love Boat shirt given the theme last week but nope, it was all Real Love Boat.  

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Wonder how long it will take before the shops onboard start discounting all of those Real Love Boat on CBS tshirts?  They are $32 now, didn't even check to see how much the hats were.  Seriously.  I was looking for an original Love Boat shirt given the theme last week but nope, it was all Real Love Boat.  

Maybe they will suffer the same fate as shirts declaring the team that lost the Super Bowl or any other championship; they will be given away to third world countries.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Maybe they will suffer the same fate as shirts declaring the team that lost the Super Bowl or any other championship; they will be given away to third world countries.

I think they will get to those countries anyway.  The bartenders on the Discovery all seemed to be wearing them.  Back to the old wardrobe again!

• 1 month later...

Anyone else still watching this train wreck? It’s so bad that I can’t stop watching. Then again, I like hospital food. 

Does the Captain remind anyone else, especially voice-wise, of Borat? Especially when he says “Ciao for now!” I keep waiting for a “Very nice!”  

Man, that Marty turned into a head case!  Had high hopes for him and Emily. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dickinson said:

@MrSchwump I haven't seen it since they moved it to Paramount+.  Remind me who Marty and Emily were.  I remember two couples from the first several shows who seemed to be and "item".

Emily was the nurse who was a virgin. Marty looked kinda dopey, like Mr Bingley from the Kiera Knightly version of Pride & Prejudice.