February Cruise

We always cruise in February.  We do this to get away from the cold weather. 

Usually do a b2b or 3.  Yes, the weather is cold when we leave but warms up in a day or 2.  I agree about CoCo Cay.  the water is chilly in ocean and just too cold in pool, ymmv.

• Like 1

I cruised on the Anthem last Feb. 2 out of NY for 11 nights to the Caribbean. Was great. By mid afternoon on the first full day it was already warming up. I've cruised out of NY in winter many times. Most times it's pretty good weather by day 2.  To me this is the time you want to cruise to the Bahamas or Caribbean, when it's winter up north.  I have no desire to cruise down there in the summer.

• Like 2

We went on our very first cruise in Jan of this year out of Baltimore and have another booked out of Bayonne in Feb of 2023.  Absolutely loved cruising in Jan, I am sure Feb will be just the same for us.  We like getting out of the cold gradually and coming back into it gradually.  A little less intense then going to all inclusive that time of year.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, edrussell said:

We went on our very first cruise in Jan of this year out of Baltimore and have another booked out of Bayonne in Feb of 2023.  Absolutely loved cruising in Jan, I am sure Feb will be just the same for us.  We like getting out of the cold gradually and coming back into it gradually.  A little less intense then going to all inclusive that time of year.

As long as it’s not President’s week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you cruise out of Galveston the first and last sea day will definitely be chilly.  The water in the Caribbean will also be cold but the sun is warm.  We thinks it’s too cold for the Bahamas but once you get south of that it’s fine. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

seas are rougher and it takes a day to get the warmer weather. the water in coco cay is almost too cold for me tho. totally worth the cheaper fare. 

i sail from baltimore year round. 

We ae going to try it because we are just ready to sail again. We did Carnival Legend in July from Baltimore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, retiredgram said:

We always cruise in February.  We do this to get away from the cold weather. 

Usually do a b2b or 3.  Yes, the weather is cold when we leave but warms up in a day or 2.  I agree about CoCo Cay.  the water is chilly in ocean and just too cold in pool, ymmv.

I was thinking the same thing about the cold but when we get to the warmer weather it will be great. Thanks

• Like 1

We go every year January or February. Love getting away from the cold. On Anthem with the enclosed Solarium it doesn't bother me that it's not super warm. It's fine for us to sit there and go in the hot tub

Yes as long as you avoid Presidents week in Feb (northern schools get that week off) there should be way less kids. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VernRDH said:

We go every year January or February. Love getting away from the cold. On Anthem with the enclosed Solarium it doesn't bother me that it's not super warm. It's fine for us to sit there and go in the hot tub

Yes as long as you avoid Presidents week in Feb (northern schools get that week off) there should be way less kids. 

What week is that?  We are Canadian so I'm not familiar with it.  Trying to make sure it isn't our week for Anthem OTS.

We actually prefer to cruise in February, except for the 3rd week which is Winter Break for the entire East coast.  Did that once 20 years ago and there were 600 kids on Grandeur of the Seas.   It's a time back home when Winter seems to be forever and escaping to sun and sea is heavenly.

12 hours ago, LAWISE5210@AOL.COM said:

Hey Everyone,

How many people have cruised in February? Did you like cruising in February? My hubby and I are planning to cruise from Baltimore to the Bahamas and CocoCay  on Royal Caribbean for 8 days. I have been on many cruises but none in the cooler months.

Go for it - it will be nicer weather once you get further south. But cruises much more relaxing with far fewer kids.