Will Celebrity ever move away from Suite Life All Inclusive Fares?

TX-Cruiser

We sailed in a suite on Celebrity Apex and loved it. With that said, we are having a harder time stomaching the cost now that both of us are no longer drinking. Any thoughts on if Celebrity will ever move away from the all inclusive nature of their suite fares?

6 minutes ago, Orator said:

Who knows what will happen in the future. My guess is that they will do what they determine what is best for them. 

Passenger pressure helped get Cruise Only fares reintroduced for all cabins upto Concierge. I assume the same would happen if enough Aqua and Suite passengers made the same arguments and, more importantly, stopped booking. 

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Passenger pressure helped get Cruise Only fares reintroduced for all cabins upto Concierge. I assume the same would happen if enough Aqua and Suite passengers made the same arguments and, more importantly, stopped booking. 

Yea  I think the passenger pressure was soft bookings on categories below Aqua Class causing them to need a lower entry price to compete with their competitors on price.

• Like 2

I would say that you will see some promos pop up over time.   Celebrity has a tendency of changing things as required to boost reservations.    We've seen them come and go and come again. 

Celebrity is known to be consistently inconsistent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It always makes me laugh when people say ‘we’re no longer drinking’. So, you don’t drink at all? No bottled water? No coffee? No mocktails? No soda?

Personally, I love the drinks package and I’m not a big drinker and my DW doesn’t drink coffee or even like alcohol at all. Still, we find value in having the package.

I would very much doubt there will be any plans to discontinue the ‘Always Included’ options, but as others have said, who knows? The decision will be a financial one as well as related to bookings. If people are going to shell out for a suite, then the extra cost is not going to deter them. 

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

Since they just to only All Included for Suites and AQ a short time ago I don’t think they will change back soon.

24 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Sometimes when reading these boards I wonder if DH & I are the only ones who drink alcohol.  Then we board a ship and can’t find a seat at the Martini Bar🙃.  

I totally agree with you.

27 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Sometimes when reading these boards I wonder if DH & I are the only ones who drink alcohol.  Then we board a ship and can’t find a seat at the Martini Bar🙃.  

Now you know you are not the only ones who drink alcohol. We'll be right there with you again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We couldn’t be in better company than with you two 🍾

Whoever gets a seat at the Martini bar has to promise to save 4 seats for the others.  🙂

Looking forward to 

1 minute ago, George C said:

our favorite restaurant has 4 dollar martinis at lunch , we normally have a very long lunch every Friday, food is good also.

And where is the $4 martini? We have lived in the Dallas for years, let us in on the secret.

5 hours ago, TX-Cruiser said:

we are having a harder time stomaching the cost now that both of us are no longer drinking.

I’m tempted to joke “Start drinking again!” but that would be wrong. Right?

20 minutes ago, jelayne said:

And where is the $4 martini? We have lived in the Dallas for years, let us in on the secret.

Table13 it’s a upscale supper club, with live music every night, mostly Sinatra style, it’s in Addison we are normally there a couple of nights a week and Friday afternoon. When they opened it was 3 dollars martinis. 

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Now you know you are not the only ones who drink alcohol. We'll be right there with you again.

I really shouldn't admit to this, but one concern I would have about booking an Edge Villa is that I might get up in the night after a few too many sherbets, forget where I was and fall down those stairs🤣 sure someone has done it!

5 hours ago, Guindalf said:

It always makes me laugh when people say ‘we’re no longer drinking’. So, you don’t drink at all? No bottled water? No coffee? No mocktails? No soda?

Personally, I love the drinks package and I’m not a big drinker and my DW doesn’t drink coffee or even like alcohol at all. Still, we find value in having the package.

I would very much doubt there will be any plans to discontinue the ‘Always Included’ options, but as others have said, who knows? The decision will be a financial one as well as related to bookings. If people are going to shell out for a suite, then the extra cost is not going to deter them. 

You are correct without the drinks package we, and many other others, enjoy: free speciality coffees and teas, get enough water during the Elite hour, and don't drink soda or mocktails.

Are we in favour of drinks packages - yes.

Are we in favour of compolsary drinks packages - no.

We are also not in favour of compolsary WiFi.

We are also in favour of tips being included in the basic cruise price.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would say that you will see some promos pop up over time.   Celebrity has a tendency of changing things as required to boost reservations.    We've seen them come and go and come again. 

Celebrity is known to be consistently inconsistent.

I don’t like their recent ‘creative accounting.’

I have been looking to book with the 75%off 2nd passenger.

The original price quoted for a Premium balcony( old 2A) is inflated when you choose the room.

They then take the 75% off, add the port fees and taxes and the final total, if divided by 2 , is back to the original quoted price-£2430

0BDC4DE4-EAAE-4ED8-9446-75B3F79D3574.thumb.jpeg.2d8884e99b71d07066f62e78eff7e3a1.jpeg

Yesterday, the new offer of balcony for Oceanview is the same. Inflate the Oceanview price and quests what, the new price is back to the original quoted £1766. But, this is more than the £1725 quoted 2 days ago for the balcony because Oceanview has been raised. 
I will continue to investigate until there really is a bargain.😢

661556A3-70D7-423C-B300-8997B881BF89.thumb.png.53b156d2b092f644054ff5a916e46835.png

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1