Current price of water

faerievert

What’s the current price on board for the water in the reclosable aluminum bottles? Trying to decide if I should buy the 12-pack for $49.56 or just buy by the bottle on board for taking on excursions. I’ll also have my own refillable bottle for at sea, but it can be nice when going ashore to be able to toss the bottle when done. 

25 minutes ago, faerievert said:

What’s the current price on board for the water in the reclosable aluminum bottles? Trying to decide if I should buy the 12-pack for $49.56 or just buy by the bottle on board for taking on excursions. I’ll also have my own refillable bottle for at sea, but it can be nice when going ashore to be able to toss the bottle when done. 

Water Packages –
12 Bottle Open Water Package - 12 16-ounce premium aluminum bottles of OPEN WATER, an electrolyte-packed purified bottled water delivered to your stateroom. $49.56
6 Bottle Acqua Panna Water Package - 6 1 Liter glass bottles of Acqua Panna, premium natural spring water delivered to your stateroom.. $28.32

not liking the cans of water.  On an excursion, you open the can, only want half of it, then what?  Luckily I had brought along a thermos to fill, but much prefer a bottle you can close.  One more disappointment on the Noordam.  See my review, soon to be published.

The cans/bottles of water you buy onboard make no sense for a shore excursions.  The cans are not resealable, so once you open it, there is no way to close it; you have to drink the whole thing at one time.  And who wants to carry a glass bottle around on a shore excursion; in addition to being heavy it's pretty dangerous if you happen to drop it or if you should fall.  You will definitely want a refillable plastic bottle to use.  BTW, on our last cruise in August, the policy of no plastic disposable bottles onboard was not enforced at all, so we just started using those, including bringing them back onboard to refill them.

• Like 2

Fruity drinks are available!  I’m on Nieuw Amsterdam now and have seen quite a few Pina Coladas, frozen daiquiris, Mud Slides etc.!  If the bar has the ingredients they are happy to make any drink you want!  Price of the drink is usually the price of the base alcohol listed in Crew News’ posting above.   ~Nancy 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Speaking of HIA/SBP -- if they are selling water (in whatever container!) as you are leaving the ship for a port-day -- it will not be included as part of your package. You will be charged for it!

Lesson learned....pick up a beer on your way off the boat instead of water....it will save you $$$.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, faerievert said:

I’m still curious what the price of a water is on board if anyone knows. 

See post #8 from Crew News. It’s under “Refreshing Alternatives”. I haven’t seen any of the 16oz twist off cans at all. Someone reported that they weren’t available. A 12oz can is all I’ve seen. I don’t buy them but maybe they are the same price as a soda? $2.50?  I’ll ask next time I’m at the bar….probably in a few hours. 😁

• Haha 1

They ran out of those resealable aluminum water bottles on NS a couple weeks ago on about day 3 of 8. We had the bev package and ended up hefting 2 of the glass liters back to the room (they made those the default water for the bev package, if you wanted still water) when we wanted bottled water in the cabin at night. Tap water was also fine. But the bottled waters were included in the bev package so why not?

17 hours ago, ski ww said:

Why would anyone pay for water when all the water on board is drinkable. Fill up your reusable bottle any were on the ship.

I wish I could drink the water on ships. I would love to fill up a refillable bottle rather shop for a case of bottled water to bring onboard or purchase a drink package. Not sure what they do in the filtering of it, but it causes a lot edema in my feet and legs. After experimenting on many sailing, I found that if I drink bottled water, it does not happen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisintwinsmom said:

I wish I could drink the water on ships. I would love to fill up a refillable bottle rather shop for a case of bottled water to bring onboard or purchase a drink package. Not sure what they do in the filtering of it, but it causes a lot edema in my feet and legs. After experimenting on many sailing, I found that if I drink bottled water, it does not happen. 

You do what you gotta do. The ship water doesn't agree with everyone. We like the Acqua Panna for in cabin use and always get them preordered. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, seachef318 said:

Looks like the 16oz are 4.50.  This is a clip from Roger-Jett photography from the Rotterdam 

72FB7816-EAC6-444B-862B-A2F503D7BC1D.jpeg

If I remember correctly, the Open Water and 330ml Perrier are included in the SBP, the Acqua Panna and San Peligrino are not despite being well below the $11 limit.

I like HAL's typo on the Perrier bottle.  A 330L bottle would be pretty difficult to tote around.  That's 87.3 US gallons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1