How to know which cabins have bunks on the wall?

Mary loves to travel

31 minutes ago, skynight said:

In the Deluxe Balcony cabins with 4 berths the 3rd berth is the two seat sofa and the 4th berth lowers from the ceiling. No DB cabins have berths against the wall. That configuration is normally interior cabins. 

That’s what I was hoping.  

thank you. 

1 hour ago, skynight said:

In the Deluxe Balcony cabins with 4 berths the 3rd berth is the two seat sofa and the 4th berth lowers from the ceiling. No DB cabins have berths against the wall. That configuration is normally interior cabins. 

And also ocean view cabins on grand class ships.

• Like 1

When shopping for a cruise, after the itinerary the first thing I do is look at deck plans carefully.  I check for a wrap-around promenade, location of the laundry room, decks with passengers above and below, and note which cabins do not have a connecting door or pullman beds. 

Once I've booked the perfect cabin, I have to check my booking every day to make sure Princess doesn't give me an unwanted "upgrade".

There's a reason some cabins are unsold and the idea is to quietly "upgrade" unsuspecting passengers into those less-desirable locations. Been there.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Edited by SargassoPirate
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, victory2020 said:

cruisedeckplans.com has everything you would want to know about every ship

this is a really helpful site, but I can't see where it differentiates between upper berths that fit into the ceiling versus fold up against the wall (for you to hit your head on).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mary loves to travel said:

this is a really helpful site, but I can't see where it differentiates between upper berths that fit into the ceiling versus fold up against the wall (for you to hit your head on).

I've never seen that differentiation either since all I look for is an inside without the extra bunks.  That's a tricky one and I don't know if the age of the ship matters.

5 hours ago, Mary loves to travel said:

You're right! I guess the only way is to ask for people's past experience or pictures. The Grand insides have the bunk sticking out of the wall.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mary loves to travel said:

Become a member so that you can see the pictures.  Then look for inside or OV cabins with symbol for 3/4 passengers that also have a picture symbol.  Just one pic with the bunk on the wall will tell you they are all that way.  Or look for the outline in the ceiling for the bunk.  EM

• Like 1