Sea Dog is Live with Life on Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness in the MDR. 10-16.

Sea Dog

4 minutes ago, cajun-crazy said:

I am only wanting the Stingray City stop - and no snorkel stop.  Where did you book your excursion through?

This is the one we booked through Royal. It had a stop at Camana Bay which is a shopping and restaurant mall area. Looking back I could have passed on that. We were hungry and ate at a nice restaurant. Two burgers fries and two cokes $87. Won't do that again.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=GCZL&DestinationCode=

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TOP 10 DISHES IN THE MDR

Ranked from last place to first.

10. Chicken Parmesan

10.thumb.jpeg.9cdea119e6d821b255bb79613c5026d6.jpeg

9. Mushroom Risotto

nine.thumb.jpeg.9d7bbc36bd80169be43ee5c11d8693c7.jpeg

8. Seafood Linguini

eight.thumb.jpeg.e8f92530931b8cdd43035f76a1e13241.jpeg

7. Spaghetti Bolognese

seven.thumb.jpeg.b885b54303e46cf94ecdd8221fbc27ef.jpeg

6. Escargot

6.thumb.jpg.56d03f9a2ade4ce2c7d1d43194702086.jpg

5. Prime Rib

five.thumb.jpeg.64961abeaca5e62c2c405b04d79290dc.jpeg

4. Eggs Bhurgi (Breakfast)

four.thumb.jpeg.edecde5c5b4d321f609e00901fac7db6.jpeg

3. Lamb Shank

three.thumb.jpeg.f62d064038067ea01285ee43d35f130b.jpeg

2. Roasted Beef Tenderloin

two.thumb.jpeg.bc7d511899b4cbceda590123f05df6ed.jpeg

1. Chops Filet (Upgrade) and Lobster Tails

1.thumb.jpg.0fda76038b06d91d5f9019e6d42eb3c7.jpg

1.2.thumb.jpeg.a68133ce81b24c99ad4c5ecf9b273696.jpeg

1.3.thumb.jpeg.a897f8a736ed1f4585a156e9d4713d8c.jpeg

Later desserts ranked.

Chops Steak.jpf

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Whoa!😯

I knew when we walked in it was a fancy place. We should have looked at the menu first and then went someplace different. But we were hungry and only had about a hour before the busses would pick us up. It was a really good burger but not at that price.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

This is the one we booked through Royal. It had a stop at Camana Bay which is a shopping and restaurant mall area. Looking back I could have passed on that. We were hungry and ate at a nice restaurant. Two burgers fries and two cokes $87. Won't do that again.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=GCZL&DestinationCode=

Wow that's a bit pricey.

Greg, how's your shoulder doing?  Did your knee cause you any problems?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kruzn63 said:

Wow that's a bit pricey.

Greg, how's your shoulder doing?  Did your knee cause you any problems?

Shoulder is slowly getting better. Sometimes I forget about it and move my arm a weird direction and get a sharp pain. I'm not wearing the sling anymore. Just need to be carful. My knee is just ok. I was disappointed on how it did on the cruise. I've been taking it fairly easy since we got home and trying to rest it some. Thank you for asking.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I just saw a story on the news, that a restaurant had to raise the price of their hamburger from $36 to $50. 

I have never met a hamburger that is worth $50. 

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I just saw a story on the news, that a restaurant had to raise the price of their hamburger from $36 to $50. 

I've never met a 'burger worth $36.00! 😵

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

Shoulder is slowly getting better. Sometimes I forget about it and move my arm a weird direction and get a sharp pain. I'm not wearing the sling anymore. Just need to be carful. My knee is just ok. I was disappointed on how it did on the cruise. I've been taking it fairly easy since we got home and trying to rest it some. Thank you for asking.

I'm not sure what happened but my reply disappeared.  Anyway, it sounds like your shoulder is healing pretty well. A little bit of time will take care of it.  I understand the disappointment with the knee.  That was serious surgery and I guess that it will take a bit more time.  Hopefully, it will be near 100 percent by the March cruise.  Hang in there, Greg it will get better.

By the way, you can add me to the Kraken club.  I picked up a bottle of Kraken at the ABC store and tried your colada recipe. Definitely a keeper.

Ron 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

McDonalds as bad as their burgers are are looking pretty good to me.

21 minutes ago, kruzn63 said:

By the way, you can add me to the Kraken club.  I picked up a bottle of Kraken at the ABC store and tried your colada recipe. Definitely a keeper.

Ron 

Glad you are liking it. Try a Lava Flow next. 

Lava Flow

1.5 oz light rum

1oz Kraken

2 oz coconut cream

2 oz pineapple juice

2 oz fresh or frozen strawberries 

1 banana 

Mix strawberries and rum place contents at bottom of glass mix together then mix unused ingredients with crushed ice pour into glass. Put 1oz of Kraken as a floater on top.

• Like 1

@Sea DogGlad your shoulder is coming along, Greg.  Your knee just takes a little longer.  That day is coming!!!

I sure do love the escargot!  I always get it every night on cruises, and yet I never thought to dip my bread into it.

I'll have to try the eggs bhurgi also.  Your pictures are making me hungry!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@Sea DogGlad your shoulder is coming along, Greg.  Your knee just takes a little longer.  That day is coming!!!

I sure do love the escargot!  I always get it every night on cruises, and yet I never thought to dip my bread into it.

I'll have to try the eggs bhurgi also.  Your pictures are making me hungry!

That is the only time I eat the bread.  Dip it in the escargot. 

• Like 3

McDonalds as bad as their burgers are are looking pretty good to me.

Glad you are liking it. Try a Lava Flow next. 

Lava Flow

1.5 oz light rum

1oz Kraken

2 oz coconut cream

2 oz pineapple juice

2 oz fresh or frozen strawberries 

1 banana 

Mix strawberries and rum place contents at bottom of glass mix together then mix unused ingredients with crushed ice pour into glass. Put 1oz of Kraken as a floater on top.

If I order a Kraken Lava flow with a Kraken floater, would I be using 2 vouchers on a diamond perk?

The anticipation is building.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

If I order a Kraken Lava flow with a Kraken floater, would I be using 2 vouchers on a diamond perk?

The anticipation is building.

I would hope not. It should only count as one drink.

On 10/31/2022 at 1:07 PM, davekathy said:

I've never met a 'burger worth $36.00! 😵

I was just going to post that!

Greg, the food pictures you posted all look beautifully displayed and delicious, especially the lamb shank.  . Nice size lobster tails.

• Like 1