The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday October 19th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Evaluate Your Life Day, Rain Forest Day, and Love Your Body Day

I hope she'll be a fool -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.--F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Meal Suggestion for today - Panipuri
Drink of the Day - Laphroaig Land And Sea
Wine of the Day - Allegrini 2016 Amarone della Valpolicella Classico
Destination of the Day - Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Eurodam

Puerto Chiapas, Chiapas Mexico 08:00 - 17:00

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 10/24

Nieuw Amsterdam

Panama Canal 00:00 - 23:59

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida eta 10/21

Noordam

At Sea Destination Bora Bora eta 10/21

Oosterdam

Corfu Island, Kerkyra, Greece 08:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination New York, Caper Liberty Bayonne NJ-NYC eta 10/26

Volendam

Corfu Island, Kerkyra, Greece 07:00 - 17:00

Zaandam

Arrecife, Lanzarote, Canary Islands 11:00 - 18:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Pago Pago, Tutuila Island, American Samoa eta 10/21

Eastern Hemisphere

Westerdam

Suva, Viti Levu Island, Fiji -20:00:00

1019World.thumb.png.4f8544f5950dce43d26418a3d781b726.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 13

Thank you for the Hump Day Fleet Report and Daily, Rich.  Every day should be Evaluate Your Life Day.  Hopefully, we should love our bodies enough to take care of them.  Rain forests are a vital but disappearing resource.  The Gatsby quote sounds very dark.  I think most of us have been to Puerto Vallarta.  I think I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Lingonberry Soup, Macadamia Crusted Chicken, and Apple Buckle, as served on MS Amsterdam October 19, 2017.

dishes19.jpg

Today’s care list:

RIP kochleffel’s friend Fran 10/16/22
RIP StLouisCruiser friend Beverly 10/18/22
Sudden death for cunnorl friend
Cruisin single’s step son with double cancer
Vict0rian’s cousin in final stages of ALS
Marshhawk’s friend Sheri
kochleffel possible covid exposure
From the rotation:
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Sandi’s neighbor Linda
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Birthday week with sister for Seasick Sailor
Birthday week for SusieKIslandGirl
Aliaschief off for a river cruise
New apartment for Cruzin Terri
HAL Sailer DH visiting his sister
Mister67 beating his age in golf
4 Days for Cruisin Single (American Star 10/23 to 10/30)
 Cruising-Along(11/5), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, Live4cruises,  SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam  to 10/22),  MissG (Oosterdam  to 10/22),  HAL4NOW (Koningsdam  to 10/24), and AncientWanderer (Nieuw Amsterdam to 10/25), Dismomx5 (Rotterdam to 10/27) ,  and Av8rix (Rotterdam  to 10/30)
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 16

Good morning.  Happy Hump Day!  Thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily.

Another cool, wet day in store for us.  I think there is snain in the forecast (SNow and rAIN).  I think I'll stay in.

Interesting days.  Every day should be Love your Body Day.

Not sure what to make of the quote, I guess I need to re-read the novel.

I'll wait until I see the recipe before I decide about the meal.

I'm sure I'll like the wine, hope it isn't too expensive.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 22

pooGood morning  .It is chilly and I used my gloves earlier for dog walking in the dark. I have been thinking a lot about choices made and plans set in motion.I guess I was evaluating  my life! Love your Body day seems interrelated to me.Rain forests need our help  to survive.

I believe Mr Gatsby  was just relating his misogynistic  view to  someone but it doesn't  make me want to re read the novel.

Fred the fearless cockapoo  has a vet appointment  today.He has developed  very itchy skin with psoriasis type lesions.We started pills for it and he has to have blood work  done before a further treatment  course is continued. I met a friend for lunch yesterday  and her dog has the same problem. 

Terry 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich. Roy thank you for tracking our Cares and Celebrations. 

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, I am so sorry to read of Beverly’s passing. Prayers for her family and you both. I pray the wonderful memories help ease your pain. 

It is quite cool here this morning. 49 with quite a breeze. It felt good to walk this morning. Bike week is officially over, so traveling is a bit easier, though flood waters are still causing slow traffic where they spill over on the road. Off to the gym. Then I need to do somethings around the house. 

FA39E577-B043-44D1-90B6-A0C6148CA632.jpeg.44f48808ee1a3b6b83b15acea7078d0a.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Allegrini 2016 Amarone della Valpolicella Classico

Here is another Italian red with excellent reviews. A bit outside of my budget, but I would love a taste. Available from several online distributors with prices starting at $57.99.

Winemaker Notes

The result of the Allegrini family’s expertise, a true classic of the appellation, this red wine embraces tradition, territory and the know-how of country ways. Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella and Oseleta are left to air dry at least until December and are checked daily to ensure perfectly healthy grapes. Lengthy refining and ageing finally yields a red wine that has become emblematic of Italian oenology, alongside Barolo and Brunello di Montalcino. It has imposing structure and depth, as much in its aromas of mature fruit and spices, as on the palate, where the alcohol is sustained by the right degree of acidity and refined tannins.
WE95 Wine Enthusiast
Ripe plum, blue flower and spice aromas lift out of the glass in this full-bodied red. The smooth, concentrated palate boasts a weightless elegance, delivering blackberry compote, ripe Morello cherry, licorice and baking spice framed in enveloping, velvety tannins. Drink 2022–2031. Cellar Selection.
V95 Vinous

There’s a dark, mineral-driven complexity to the 2016 Amarone della Valpolicella Classico that keeps you coming back to the glass over and over again. Sometimes it’s licorice, sometimes blackberry or maraschino cherry, but always backed by a mix of autumnal spice, sour citrus and hints of animal musk that intrigue the senses. Velvety-smooth and almost creamy in weight, as sweet red fruits flesh out, taking on nuances of violet candies and cloves toward the close. This is pure elegance, dense yet balanced, and delivering a layer of fine tannins that linger long, as hints of bitter coffee and dark chocolate slowly fade. All of this, and at an amazingly respectable 15.5% abv. Bravo.

JS94 James Suckling
Very attractive dried fruit, such as plums, with fig and walnut undertones. Full-bodied with round, polished tannins that are chewy, but very smooth. Flavorful finish.
D93 Decanter
Allegrini's Amarone brings together grapes from hillside estate vineyards in the Classico zone, predominantly around the town of Fumane. It is rounded out with 5% Oseleta which amps up both colour and tannins. Vanilla, cedar and cherry are upfront and the oak is prominent yet polished. This is a compact, chewy Amarone that really bursts with dried cherry and plum skin on the long finish. It could do with a few years in the bottle to assimilate but has the backbone and concentration to age a decade beyond that. Drinking Window 2023 - 2033
WS93 Wine Spectator

An elegant red, medium- to full-bodied and mouthwatering throughout, this layers supple, lightly chalky tannins with a pleasing range of crushed black currant, fresh thyme and minerally salt and iron notes. Bright and polished, with a lingering, spiced finish. Drink now through 2030.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

Good morning friends!  Brrr!  Temp was 32F bright and early and it hasn't moved since.  High will be 60 at its peak and sunny.  The temperature in the house was too cold when we awoke so the furnaces are both running for the first time this season.  The temps at night will be in the 30's for the rest of the week then we move back to more normal temps next week.

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor our Daily this morning.  I can appreciate evaluating your life thus far, rain forests and loving our bodies.  To me that means taking care of yourself so you can stay healthy and live a long, fruitful life.   I say NO to the quote.  I'm not sure what panipuri is so will have to wait to hear about it.  No thanks to the drink and wine.  Puerto Vallarta is a popular Mexico port and I agree with Roy most of us have already been there.  I'll post photos from one of our stops there when I finish here.

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for all involved and here's hoping for better news in days to come.  Cheers to all celebrating and those on cruises especially.  Your alternate menu Roy seems to suggest a busy day and a Lido dinner instead of the MDR.  Looks good!  By the way, we're doing fine after having our booster and flu shots Monday.  I just feel the booster shot when I lay down on that side.  No other physical side effects.

This is the first time Puerto Vallarta has been mentioned as destination of the day.  It's a great little city and we've enjoyed our 3 visits there.  2006 on the old Regal Princess, 2015 on Ruby Princess, and 2016 on Westerdam.  I'll be back with pictures in a bit.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

• Like 24

Good morning.

Laphroaig Land And Sea Cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Laphroaig® Select
1/4 part Sarsaparilla Syrup
2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
Orange Twist

Instructions
Combine all ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker and strain into a rocks glass with fresh ice. Garnish with an orange twist.

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 7.47.39 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 10

On March 29, 2016 we were on a Westerdam Panama Canal cruise and had a nice day ahead of us in Puerto Vallarta.  Here is our welcome committee.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPEl6V19sKLHTWyKlY6UuK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144075

Did you notice this lady hugging a donkey?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIS2fI2LqHG8w9E81KWfTr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144076

We got off the ship and got right on a local bus to the scenic downtown area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPd8Y3aUhU1dT2DfhtFJi9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144096

The Malecon still appeared empty.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHs2PKSBxCuBEJ7esOkhGB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144099

But the performers on the 50 foot pole (they are called Voladores de Papantla) were already out and we were impressed by their performance.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHFqiwo39BySJ2fOwtzmJb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144126

We walked around looking at all the statues placed there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJll8ufa7tLWOoJo6WP_5-a?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144149

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-Cc1uYF-sFmJZaL_MLcbh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144117

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhe273XTmIOE0wyKmFS6BQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144168

Views up the streets of this colorful neighborhood.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPXhkirJS91PqRHg2WjhPH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144195

Here is the beautiful Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcAMsCEEUbwkGypRom4iS2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427217160

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgJrvv9FZMKLmp6VWjyJkM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144284

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIn6InBL7QLdLvGnYHQ386M?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144269

It was too early for lunch so we took a walk over the Rio Cuale to Old Town using the hanging bridge.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL3KLFMZlMIc7lw_DXnizmP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144350

Nice shopping over there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEGDd91dHn2rW6skuvUpyl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144351

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcd7IhX1uLZ6lFScGOrj1e?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144338

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLypZ07a1gbCPYa9rKhUzRG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144406

Time to head to Pipi's for lunch.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPg_UFJJfeE9w1kjKKQSiN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144420

Here we are at Pipi's00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKbzqJzHMa_6UwWotGFo-Yd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144415

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3ro09pWOj5aF2XH5jl2VK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460123486

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgR2CP8ktbucfOd271ZyNG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144426

We did a very similar route with the same activites in 2015 on Ruby Princess but you don't need to see similar photos from that trip.  We had quite an enjoyable day there.  I highly recommend visiting Puerto Vallarta if you can.  

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

I hope she'll be a fool -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.--F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

I'm going to start today wearing my English teacher hat.  

Daisy says these words in the beginning of the novel when she is explaining her hope for her infant daughter to Nick.   Daisy is intelligent, but she was raised in a society that does not value her intelligence.  The older generation values subservience in woman, her generation is all about beauty and pleasure seeking.  The quote reflects the values of her generation which she does not seem to challenge.  Daisy is bored and the quote implies that her daughter would have more fun if she is beautiful and simplistic, a part that Daisy often tries to act by conforming to the standards of the 1920s.  Daisy feels her daughter's life would be happier if she lived in ignorance.  She feels the best way for her to survive is to rely on her beauty rather than her brains.

Now I will put on my Chef's Hat.

Pani puri is a street snack that is extremely popular in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Nepal. Small in size, it consists of a hollow puri that is fried until crispy, then stuffed with a combination of flavored water called pani, tamarind chutney, chaat masala, potatoes, onions, hot chilies, and chickpeas.

Golgappa Puri, a round shaped small crispy puri that is small enough to easily fit in your mouth, is a basic ingredient in pani puri. This puri is hollow that allows you to make a hole on top and fill it with varieties of stuffing like boiled potato, sprouted moong beans, boiled chickpeas, ragda, topped with sweet and spicy chutneys to make tongue tickling chaats. Many like to enjoy it alone by just adding boiled mashed potato, coriander, few drops of lemon and a sprinkle of chaat masala powder. Making golgappa puri at home is easy but time-consuming affair if you want to prepare it in large quantity but, you can buy them from grocery store. However, store bought ones are generally large or very hard and ruins the excitement just after few mouthfuls. However, with this step by step photo recipe of golgappa puri, making right sized melt in the mouth puris for pani puri at home is super easy.  Here is her recipe for homemade puri.  https://foodviva.com/indian-recipes/golgappa-puri/

image.png.d6bd678554272e644c831e51d73c0c37.png

Her recipe continues with directions for the Pani and the Marsala and how to assemble the finished product.  

image.thumb.png.cf62b7628c8a16264937e5c5bbc9bb23.png

This recipe contains through, step-by-step directions.

https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/pani-puri-recipe-mumbai-pani-puri-recipe/

adding green chutney in the pani puri

The interesting part of this recipe is that it explains how to make puri in an air fryer. https://www.spiceupthecurry.com/pani-puri-recipe/

Pani puri served in oval plate with all its elements served on side.

I like Indian food and would like to try pani puri but I will wait until the next time I go to an Indian restaurant.

image.png

Edited by 0106
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 10

Happy Wednesday Morning!  Today is a day when I wish I could sleep late, but I have some errands to run before going to work.  When winter comes on, we insulate the porch for Fawn.  DH had the  heater on last night for her, but with no "walls" we are just heating air for about a foot.  But Fawn did know to sleep on a blankie that was nearer the heater. And near the glass sliding doors.  Guess our house doesn't hold heat.  ( i knew that). 

I do not want to evaluate my life, I feel it may come up short of every one else expectations.  I will appreciate my ability to laugh at my life,  as long as I can do that, I'm OK.  Love my body?  I love it more when it is not in pain.  It would  feel better if I rethought exercise, and eating healthy....which means I have to evaluate my life....

The cold temperatures this week are the average temperatures for our Alaska cruise in May.   I good gage to figure out what to pack.

BFF tried to make reservations at Tamarind, and got a response that there was no availability at this time.  Is it too early to book for a May cruise?  Or would they really be full?  I hope not.  Well I have to get to work and get some things done.  Before I go to work....

7eae87e385fe42cd3f85f6b503714d1c.jpg

Funny-Cat-Wednesday-Meme.jpg

• Like 22
  • Haha 5

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report!!

The meal is looks good.  The nice thing about having these is that you can have has little or as much heat in them as you desire.  I see them on Indian buffets all the time.  I will pass on the drink and the wine today.  

• Like 19

Good afternoon.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich and Roy for the various lists.

Interesting days and quote.

Not sure what today's food is.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 18

Good morning from the Nieuw Statendam at sea.  It’s dark and stormy looking outside. 

Yesterday didn’t turn out the way we wanted and didn’t get the Freedom Trail completed.  But we did enjoy lunch at the Union Oyster House.  We started with oysters but I forgot to take a picture. 

Clam Chowder 

CEA31B16-A76F-43A5-8726-52FE72A76650.thumb.jpeg.ae03fe8963e1141ce9e627f8860cc013.jpeg

Mussels

DDD3F20D-7F9A-4359-9D78-14C132E4B1AB.thumb.jpeg.6d80a35b82d5a4dcc99bca6b4b71d9e1.jpeg

Lazy Man’s Lobster,  it doesn’t look like much but there was a lot of huge chunks of lobster under the crumbs. 

8B7FB470-15CE-42DA-B225-159F9B3B1704.thumb.jpeg.03d7f0d0a5632dddc6f961ba55bc0661.jpeg

And we went upstairs to see JFK’s booth. Even though I have been there before it was the first time to see it. 
30AA5B4A-49EA-4A4E-B082-57BE4F799718.thumb.jpeg.1b3c1b71c5378ab1ae75c961d790c5f1.jpeg

Our plans for today are trivia, lunch, and the Captain’s talk. For Craig it’s reading. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4

51 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On March 29, 2016 we were on a Westerdam Panama Canal cruise and had a nice day ahead of us in Puerto Vallarta.  Here is our welcome committee.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPEl6V19sKLHTWyKlY6UuK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144075

Did you notice this lady hugging a donkey?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIS2fI2LqHG8w9E81KWfTr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144076

We got off the ship and got right on a local bus to the scenic downtown area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPd8Y3aUhU1dT2DfhtFJi9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144096

The Malecon still appeared empty.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHs2PKSBxCuBEJ7esOkhGB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144099

But the performers on the 50 foot pole (they are called Voladores de Papantla) were already out and we were impressed by their performance.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHFqiwo39BySJ2fOwtzmJb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144126

We walked around looking at all the statues placed there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJll8ufa7tLWOoJo6WP_5-a?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144149

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-Cc1uYF-sFmJZaL_MLcbh?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144117

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhe273XTmIOE0wyKmFS6BQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144168

Views up the streets of this colorful neighborhood.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPXhkirJS91PqRHg2WjhPH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144195

Here is the beautiful Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcAMsCEEUbwkGypRom4iS2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427217160

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIgJrvv9FZMKLmp6VWjyJkM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144284

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIn6InBL7QLdLvGnYHQ386M?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144269

It was too early for lunch so we took a walk over the Rio Cuale to Old Town using the hanging bridge.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL3KLFMZlMIc7lw_DXnizmP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144350

Nice shopping over there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJEGDd91dHn2rW6skuvUpyl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144351

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcd7IhX1uLZ6lFScGOrj1e?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144338

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLypZ07a1gbCPYa9rKhUzRG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144406

Time to head to Pipi's for lunch.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLPg_UFJJfeE9w1kjKKQSiN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144420

Here we are at Pipi's00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKbzqJzHMa_6UwWotGFo-Yd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144415

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3ro09pWOj5aF2XH5jl2VK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460123486

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgR2CP8ktbucfOd271ZyNG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1460144426

We did a very similar route with the same activites in 2015 on Ruby Princess but you don't need to see similar photos from that trip.  We had quite an enjoyable day there.  I highly recommend visiting Puerto Vallarta if you can.  

Great photos Sandi.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I think everyone should take time to evaluate their life, their goals, and their dreams to see where they're at and what they may need to do differently to be happy.  Rain forests are such interesting places to visit; I hope there will still be some when our grandchildren's children are alive.  I have learned to love my body; after decades of dieting and exercise, I know I will never be slim and svelte, so I dress for the body I have and enjoy my life.  

A busy day ahead for us - DH is having his bandmates and their spouses over for some socializing this evening, so that means we have to get groceries and do a run to the liquor store as well.  DH has been going through all of his music things and realized he's got stuff he will never use, so he's going to be giving the extra stuff to the guys (I hope they take it!), as he doesn't think he's going to be performing much any more.  He loves performing, but carrying around the equipment, setting it up and dismantling it can be quite taxing, so he's talking about letting the guys move on without him.  I understand the physical exertion, as we used to do that when we had our small business and did craft shows.  

I'm planning on making a large charcuterie board including a couple of different desserts, so we'll be having a light dinner consisting of a salmon salad in the kitchen tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is hurting, cheers for the great celebrations!  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 30

Good morning Daily-ites. 

A chilly 40's morning. 67 inside. I turned on the heat for my sis who is always freezing. 

Sandi I'm so sorry for your friend. I thought about them yesterday quite a bit. We had a similar shock. Monday night a sweet neighbor passed away at 8 pm. As a tribute to her, all events have been canceled this week in our neighborhood. (Luncheons,  golf, Men's breakfast etc) 

Yesterday was so much fun. My sis and I hiked, shopped downtown and had a beautiful dinner with my sweet husband and several friends. My sis and I played cards and gabbed til 2 am!

Today we are shopping again at shops we missed yesterday. At 7 tonight I've invited a dozen ladies for a Girly Girl evening of drinks and food to say goodbye to my sis. It's been a fun filled week!

After eating so much this week I don't know about loving my body. Maybe next week..

image.png.296543d48e7255af8178b300a76f5b39.png

Prayers lifted to all those needing hope. Have a blessed day.

Edited by Seasick Sailor
add on
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich and Roy for the various lists.

Interesting days and quote.

Not sure what today's food is.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

I agree not sure what food that is either.  I do like to learn about new things which is why this thread is so fun.

So, I got off Oasis on Sunday and was less than impressed with how ship is being managed.  Never got my bill in paper or email format.  oh well.

So, looks like Anthem is heading back to NJ which is where my last two cruises were.  

I leave on Sun to Ft Lauderdale where I will board Celebrity Equinox to the southern and eastern Caribbean to see St Lucia, Barbados and Antiqua.   Last X ship I did was out of Southampton to the Canaries on Silhouette.

I have been following the Rotterdam which is coming to USA on its 150-anniversary cruise.   Don from You tube is on.  Can't wait to get on the ship in Amsterdam next year to Norway for 14 days.

After sailing on so many RCI ships, I am eager to return to HAL a bit more.

toodles

• Like 24

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from the Nieuw Statendam at sea.  It’s dark and stormy looking outside. 

Yesterday didn’t turn out the way we wanted and didn’t get the Freedom Trail completed.  But we did enjoy lunch at the Union Oyster House.  We started with oysters but I forgot to take a picture. 

And we went upstairs to see JFK’s booth. Even though I have been there before it was the first time to see it. 
30AA5B4A-49EA-4A4E-B082-57BE4F799718.thumb.jpeg.1b3c1b71c5378ab1ae75c961d790c5f1.jpeg

oh darn I was there in late August and I did not find this booth.  Our group did eat upstairs and was told JFK like to come here.  Thanks for the photo that I did not get to take.

• Like 13