Fernando has left Silversea

wren2

I had been looking forward to seeing him on the Venetian Society special from Barcelona early next month. However, I was told he would. not be on board and have since learned he has left the company. What a tremendous loss to us all. With his great personality, phenomenal language skills and memory for faces, he is irreplaceable. For those of us who have sailed many years with Silversea, he will be sorely missed. He was an integral part of the Silversea experience. 

• Like 10

Not a peep elsewhere on social media about his departure.  He is still active and commenting on other's posts and is still featured on SS's website as Ambassador to the Venetian Society.  I know this doesn't mean he's not gone, but if he's left, its certainly being kept hush hush.  If it's true, hopefully he's in good health and is simply moving on to start a new chapter in his life.

3 minutes ago, Tristan2022 said:

It’s confirmed, he is now with Crystal Cruises (A&K).

3 minutes ago, Tristan2022 said:

It’s confirmed, he is now with Crystal Cruises (A&K).

Gee! I hope Crystal lets us transfer our SS benefits over!!😊

Bet, loyalty to Manfredi Lefebvre was a major part of this decision to leave.

As I learned a few minutes ago, like Mr. Silver intimates above, a friend told me Fernando is  close friend of Manfredi and has been a traveling companion of his since Silversea's inception.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, wren2 said:

I had wondered if he would change to the Crystal ships, now owned by A &K. I will certainly follow their 2023cruise schedules. Just want to get my SS free cruise next year.

Keeping free laundry would be nice 😊 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, dawntrdr said:

Fernando's picture is still on the SS website advertising the "Sail with us!" promotion.  Perhaps they'd better change that.

I found it strange that the release of the new Grand Voyages early last week was done with no fanfare, then realized just now Fernando was the one who did the promotional videos.  He will be difficult to replace.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Only the best ones.

Have to believe this is only the beginning.  Fernando knows exactly who he wants to help him deliver on Manfredi's new dream.

I'm getting more and more excited for the return of that other cruise line. Especially after our not so stellar sailing on SS.

• Like 4

We are extremely sad to learn of Fernando’s retirement from Silversea, but we wish him well in his new affiliation with Crystal and his long time friend Manfredi.  It will be impossible to replace him.  Our hope is that the new Crystal will “grandfather” Passengers with Silversea perks although I can’t begin to imagine the cost of that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

We are extremely sad to learn of Fernando’s retirement from Silversea, but we wish him well in his new affiliation with Crystal and his long time friend Manfredi.  It will be impossible to replace him.  Our hope is that the new Crystal will “grandfather” Passengers with Silversea perks although I can’t begin to imagine the cost of that.

Silversea didn’t do it for Crystal people. Why would Crystal do it for SS people?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1