10-20-22 WEIGH IN

Izena

Just got back from Eureka Springs, Ark.  Had a great time. Lots of walking steep inclines/declines many between 30-45 degrees. Jazzper needed to be carried the last night he just said no more.   Didn’t eat horribly but not good either.   Will check wt next week.  

I hope all are doing great.

Sorry I didn't start the thread--couldn't. My Internet wasn't working since yesterday

afternoon, just got it fixed this minute.  I stayed the same. Hope to be same

tomorrow to. Went to early dinner tonight with the "kids" and had a dessert!

Late celebration for my daughters and my birthday. Hard to get together between

them working different days/hours, me and my sons' cruises.' Finally made it.

Izena now I remember you said going away with your son. Glad you had a 

great time. You were all healed to do all that hiking.

Sounds like all your hiking you might of stay the same in weight or even help

in losing by not really being that bad in eating.

Where are the rest of You? One of you could have started the Lose to Cruise post.

Jan, Ombud, Susan did you have a good week? Waiting to hear from you.

To whoever else who wants to join us--How are you doing? Come in, will help

you keep track during the winter months and the holidays.

Welcome @KatieDub

Happy Birthday @Belle 🎁 

@Izenathose are some inclines!! Personally hate inclines. The dog group wants to climb every Saturday & Sunday now so I guess I'm skipping those days. I don't mind the 4 mile RT Black Diamond loop but won't do the 4m to the cross as it's straight up then down very little flat. I'm weird. Won't do a route unless it's fun. I've got nothing to prove

Personally was having a good week then bought a container (1.5qt) of ice cream. Gone in 2 days. 

Weighed myself today (after breakfast) and am up 0.6# from where I was two weeks ago.  I'm really not eating much.  Last Tuesday at the doctors (clothes on including shoes I was down about 4#) ... I'll try weighing myself correctly this weekend.  Good luck to all.  Jan    (PS - Welcome KatieDub)

Welcome Katie.

Belle happy birthday.   So frustrating when internet down.   I really don’t think anyone noticed I was late.  I like that everyone is relaxed.

Ombud by the third day I was done with the ups and downs.  Did find some trails but area is very rocky which makes me nervous.  Southern Texas is very flat enough so the JOHN Denver mentioned it at his Corpus Christi concert ( which I think was his last ) .  Jazzper is glad to be home and flat trails.  

Jan  I think your doing great.  You sound like me weight is variable that’s why I’m content with my 5 lb range .  I hope your treatments are running smoothly.  

• Like 1

Hello Everyone!

Katie Welcome, glad you joined us. Yes, you/we can do it.

Ombud, walking flat places to me is better than going up and down mountains.

Easier on my body. Yes, you do so much walking you have nothing to prove.

Hear you on the ice cream. Calls my name at times.

Jan your weight is doing good, small gain for 2 weeks. Don't know I would be

that good going through what you are. 2 weeks left?  

Izena how did we do without internet before? It's fixed and the TV's working now too.

Phone not so much.  You're doing so good in maintaining your weight.

Well tomorrow leaving for my b2b Hawaii cruises. !st 15 days don't think I'll have internet

but the 2nd 15 days I will and will check in. I hope everyone keeps talking because it

helps us keep on track. We see how well others are doing and makes us do better.

I hope you all have some loss's or at least stay the same the next 30 days and that

goes double for me. You know my goal is a no gain cruise, only staying the same.

Will try to check in, in the morning in case someone came in to talk.

All take care-- Be safe--Stay healthy

• Like 1

Jan, being up just 0.6 with all you're going through is a win! Especially since it was later in the day

Izena, I bet Jazzper is glad to be home!!

Belle, I've been frustrated with wifi onboard and didn't really use it pre-covid. So not buying it now. Enjoy your cruise / 

@KatieDub how's it going??

Me: my dtr brought a scale over & I'm avoiding it. I think I'm still losing / will know Thursday.  We forgot to close the windows last night and it got down to 45°. If this keeps up we'll have to turn the furnace on. Awfully early to do so. That's a late November thing

I had to take the 'emergency charge card' out of the kitchen. My granddaughter ordered Door dash from Jack in the Box. $40 for lunch inc $25 delivery and tip. For a fish sandwich, chips, drink. I wouldn't be so upset if it was Chipotle ($10 delivery) or Joe's (free delivery) or Dominos ($33 for 3 med pizzas + feta bread last night) but $40 for junk?!?! Nope. Nada. No way. Never again

Vent added

Edited by Ombud

I’m feeling VERY BLESSED to have my son here with me.  Saw  2  women I had not  seen in months one for 2 years at dog park.   Both had sons die this year, one an unintentional overdose and one died suddenly  in the shower.   Every day we are alive, independent,  have friends and family, we  are very very fortunate. 

weather is starting to cool a bit.    Nice walking weather.  

• Like 2

Sorry to be MIA!  We have been at home but just busy.  I have not done well with my Nutrisystem since return from last cruise.  Have lost only 1.4 pounds since return in September.  Not terrible except that we are sailing again Nov 3rd.  This one is for 18 days and I am on my upper side of my cruise weight.  Not good!  I am still walking and will definitely have to continue on ship. 

Jan so glad you are so near completion of your treatments!

Hope Belle is enjoying her long b2b

Izena I need your determination!

Welcome Katie and getting started is the hardest part!

Ombud when do you cruise again?

Gotta go...good luck and talk later....Susan

• Like 1

I broke into the Halloween candy but i have an excuse 

I am cleaning up the kitchen after Anna set it on fire last night. She was making jambalaya as her class assignment after I went to bed and there was evidently a flash oil fire. She put it out but there's smoke damage all over the place. Not enough to notify the insurance company, but still a huge mess. So I'm burning off those calories scrubbing cupboards, getting them ready to refinish, washing everything (counters, walls, ceiling). Ugh

6 weeks to my next cruise .... cannot come soon enough. 

Yes, izena, we are lucky to have them. 

Hi, Susan. I looked at your signature and your travels are amazing!!

Katie, Jan, Belle, (anyone seen Jo?) How's your week going?

• Like 1