Change from travel agent to us managing the booking?

wcflats

Be sure to fill out the form as a PDF and send it as an attachment.  I learned by making the mistake of adding it to an email (not attachment).  Princess wants the form on one page.  Mine showed up as two and Princess rejected it.  

17 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

That's getting rather picky... !

The story is even longer.  But the bottom line was that the form showed half on one page and half on the other.  

This is why it is CRITICAL to follow up with Princess on anything,  After figuring out what the problem was, my TA and I were able to correct the error.  Lesson learned.  I don't make that mistake anymore.

11 minutes ago, rhblake said:

Are you allowed to take a reservation from a TA without their permission?

I have put a booking on hold, let Princess know that my TA will pick it up, and then notified my TA.  It’s been a while since I’ve done that so not sure if it still possible.  I think, as long as no monies have been exchanged, you can still do it.  

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I have put a booking on hold, let Princess know that my TA will pick it up, and then notified my TA.  It’s been a while since I’ve done that so not sure if it still possible.  I think, as long as no monies have been exchanged, you can still do it.  

OP wants to do the reverse, take the booking AWAY from the TA to manage it themself.

29 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

OP wants to do the reverse, take the booking AWAY from the TA to manage it themself.

Thank you for setting me straight.  I was only reading the first post.  Misunderstood the thread title.

And here lies the teacher in me problem (me alone), The first paragraph should include the premise of the title.  

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

This also has to be done within 60 days. I don't like the change to the rules but there's nothing to be done about it.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Thrak said:

This also has to be done within 60 days. I don't like the change to the rules but there's nothing to be done about it.

As far as I am concerned, if a TA needed firing, I'd be on to Princess about it, even if after 60 day mark.  That said, I'd be expecting the booking to revert to PCL direct and not be able to pick up another TA at that juncture.

On 10/25/2022 at 2:14 PM, waltd said:

What happens to any discount or OBC given by the travel agent  if the booking is taken away from them? 

Are you really asking if you can fire a TA and still keep whatever perks he or she has provided for you? 🤦‍♂️