Carnival Magic Adults Question

cruisekitty22

Is it possible or reasonable to think two older adults who dont want to be around kids 24/7 can find a good spot to stay on the ship as far as venues go?   We hear there is an adults only area on the Carnival Magic.   Whats the age limit to be able to go there?  Would we fit in on this  8 day cruise from NY? 

The best way to not be around kids is to not sail during spring break, major Holidays and summer vacation.  The Serenity Deck is for adults 21 (may be 18?) and older, children are not allowed and this is enforced. As to whether or not you will fit in, that’s up to you!

Very nice Serenity deck on Magic-21 years and older as others have said.  There's also the Tides pool Lido deck aft.  It is not adults only but when I was on Magic 9/24 hardly any kids there-there's a small pool and hot tub, bar,seafood shack and pizza there.  The pizza is really the only reason kids went back there.  

I speak from both ends of the spectrum. When we started cruising 17 years ago we sailed with our three sons. All three sailed with us until 2009, then started dropping off as they got older. The last cruise we did with kids was 2018. The youngest is now 22. 

All those years of sailing with kids we never had a problem finding places to go to be away from kids if we wanted to. And our most recent cruise was August on Magic, just the two of us - and we had absolutely no problem with finding places to hang out. And that was a cruise with lots of kids....

• Like 1

You can absolutely find quieter kid free spots.  As others have mentioned, the Serenity Deck is on all, if not almost all, Carnival ships.  It's adults only and a relaxing place to read and relax in peace.  

I'm childfree and have never felt overrun by kids on Carnival ships...even on my first cruise, which I didn't realize I booked during April spring break...it really was fine.  Yes, kids are around, but I do like my quiet spots and it was never a problem finding one.

We were on Magic in June, and the aft pool and hot tubs were over-run with kids.  We spent a lot of time on loungers on deck 5 kind of near the hot tubs (which a lot of people don't know about).  This area was always quiet, and the lounges overlooked the ocean - very peaceful.  Serenity was very busy when we sailed, and not too serene - lol!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

We were on Magic in June, and the aft pool and hot tubs were over-run with kids.  We spent a lot of time on loungers on deck 5 kind of near the hot tubs (which a lot of people don't know about).  This area was always quiet, and the lounges overlooked the ocean - very peaceful.  Serenity was very busy when we sailed, and not too serene - lol!

There will always be more kids on the ship in Summer and during school breaks. 

Also, IIRC, none of the kids clubs were open last June, so that was probably a factor in the number of kids that were running around the ship. 

We recently cruise on Magic the week of 10/10. I was suprised by the number of kids but maybe schools were on fall break. 

Avoided the kids for the most part - we spent a lot of time at Serenity / the spa and as someone pointed out the loungers on five (away from the hot tubs) were quiet and usually empty. 

The only issue was eating- we ate the first night at the steakhouse and was surprised to see kids there.  We fared better in the dining room until the last night, until we (an adult couple cruising alone) was sat next to a family with two little kids. The kids were running around, crying and throwing food on the floor. Parents mostly ignored them.  That was a let down for our last dinner.  Both dining rooms are two floors- they should make one floor of each kid free. 

8 hours ago, staceyglow said:

There will always be more kids on the ship in Summer and during school breaks. 

Also, IIRC, none of the kids clubs were open last June, so that was probably a factor in the number of kids that were running around the ship. 

Actually they were open.  And we knew we were cruising the week schools closed for the summer.  However, after 30 CCL cruises this was the first one where kids/teens were out of control at times.  Spent a lot of time on our balcony to escape the madness - lol.

Edited by pe4all