Concierge/ executive lounge question

Redtravel

4 hours ago, ORV said:

A couple of points here. I'm pretty sure that if you are in a PH or higher you can access either lounge. If you are in Concierge you can only go to that lounge. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. 

Celebrity does not have a loyalty lounge, never have had one. What they did do is use a section of their version of Horizons(forget what it's called) and had free drinks for 2 hours each evening for those that are Elite and above(except for the first night). At one point on previous ships when they had less Elite's they had the function in Michael's Club, but it was open to everyone at hours other than the happy hour. Michael's was originally an indoor cigar smoking bar.  They also have a continental type breakfast in one of the Specialty restaurants. They still do the Happy Hour for Elites and up, but with their Always Included concept(which they are backing away from), and drink packages, there is very little use for it. 

They do have a special lounge for those that are traveling in suites. What and where it is depends on class of ship. Celebrity has really gone to the whole "Retreat" concept. 

Royal Caribbean on the other hand does have special lounges for different loyalty levels. They have a Diamond Lounge, A Suite Lounge, a Pinnacle Lounge and maybe more, depending on your status is will depend on which ones you can access. 

I've been in them on Royal but not for Celebrity...I just assumed Celebrity would have what Royal had, since they do offer some loyalty reciprocity between certain of their loyalty levels.

Thanks for the clarification.

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Those are kind of nice, IMHO.   Too bad the 'R' Class can't offer similar, on a smaller scale...

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 11:12 PM, bob brown said:

Interesting...did not know that.  The Insignia was my only Oceania ship, and it didn't have any exclusive card accessed lounges.

The lounges were only available on Marina and Riviera.  I assume the same will be true of the newer ships coming on line soon. (As I have said elsewhere we haven't sailed since pre-Covid although we are booked on a late August 2023 TA, London to NYC.)

I pretty much have used the executive lounge but I believe that there isn't much difference between the two, other than location. For each you need your card to open the door.

We pretty much just used the lounge for late afternoon nibbles if we'd missed lunch but many people did use the space for reading newspapers and the like. I did have a very few consults with the Oceania rep on duty regarding setting up private Meet & Greets which were helpful. I provided the rep with the names and room numbers or the participants, and they chose the venue and time.

'Mura

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Orator said:

Deciding on my first Oceania cruise. It is for 10 days on Riviera and wondering at $300 pp. it will be worth the extra $.

Depends

Will you use  the extra perks  like free bags of laundry

will you use the spa terrace

will you use  the "Eat in"  lunch /dinner from the GDR feature

Board earlier than the  lower cabin categories

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/suites-staterooms

Orator,

OK, LHT28 is correct but let me offer this.  If your proposed voyage on Riviera is included in the Black Friday Sale with Free Gratuities, it is definitely worth the increased price.  Sale started on 11/22 so check it out before you make your booking. Even if it is not covered, I would still opt for a Concierge level  stateroom or above. 

We started cruising with Oceania 15 years ago in a B Veranda. We moved to A and also to PH’s over the years.  IMHO The Concierge and Executive lounges are worth it for us.  The ability to just drop in for a minute to chat with the Concierge, log on to a computer, chat with guests and friends or grab a cup of coffee or a nosh is great.  Having access to your own Concierge is worth the cost, especially if there is a port cancellation or flight changes or other “HICCUPS”. Years ago we were in an A Veranda room and we had booked an Amalfi private tour. The weather was a bit rough and the Captain redirected out port call to Naples.  We went straight to the Concierge Lounge and in 10 minutes, the Concierge called our tour operator and rescheduled our pick up location and time so we missed nothing. We went downstairs and the line was 100+ guests deep trying to get to the Destinations staff to rebook tours. At that point we have never booked below Concierge level on any Oceania cruise. 

Since it is your first Oceania experience, go for it and make your own decision based on your experiences. At this point, $600 should not break the bank on any Oceania cruise.

Happy Thanksgiving. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2022 at 6:04 AM, bob brown said:

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have lounges for their top level loyalty members, in addition to those paying for suites.   I have been in those, and they are quite nice, as they include drinks and nice hors d'oeuvres during "cocktail hours".   They are a very nice and welcome perk for their loyalty members...

This just changed and RCI sent out an email yesterday to Diamond Plus stating no more lounge access.

4 hours ago, caviargal said:

This just changed and RCI sent out an email yesterday to Diamond Plus stating no more lounge access.

Well NO, what happened is that Diamond Plus no longer have access to the Concierge Lounge, they still have access to the Diamond lounge. They also get 5 free drinks a day at any bar at any time. Not a bad perk really. There are a few other perks also. While nowhere as good as Oceania perks, it's not bad for a Mass Market line.