Concierge/ executive lounge question

Redtravel

Before pandemic, both lounges were open 24/7.  I read somewhere that hours are being limited since you aren’t allowed to self serve.  Anyone recently on,  has this changed? I like going there early AM or late PM for coffee or tea.  I know that you can get coffee/tea at any bar.  

we were on Riviera one month ago. In the concierge lounge, the attendant was there for several hours in the AM and the PM but the room is accessible with your cruise card. We went throughout the day when the concierge was not there- no trouble accessing the lounge

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Riviera was consistently open all day long, and food items/snacks were self-serve.  This was in June.  Didn't try to go in the middle of the night, but it looked like it would be accessible.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Perhaps Oceania's new ships should add a lounge for top Oceania Club level's?

Or just include access to one or both of the existing lounges?

Their capacity is so limited it would be quite problematic to open them up to any guests beyond those in concierge or PH cabins.

2 hours ago, bob brown said:

Perhaps Oceania's new ships should add a lounge for top Oceania Club level's?

Or just include access to one or both of the existing lounges?

They are not really that special

you are not missing much

JMO

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have lounges for their top level loyalty members, in addition to those paying for suites.   I have been in those, and they are quite nice, as they include drinks and nice hors d'oeuvres during "cocktail hours".   They are a very nice and welcome perk for their loyalty members...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bob brown said:

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have lounges for their top level loyalty members, in addition to those paying for suites.   I have been in those, and they are quite nice, as they include drinks and nice hors d'oeuvres during "cocktail hours".   They are a very nice and welcome perk for their loyalty members...

it is  a small space  maybe the size of  an C cabin 

free drinks  are Coffee/tea/sodas /juice

snacks are like the Barristas prior to the updated menu

Newspapers & TV 

computer/printer (when it works)

Concierge  at certain hours

You would need to be very high roller  to avoid the crush  if they opened it up to  loyalty members  below  the Presidents circle  level😉

40 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

it is  a small space  maybe the size of  an C cabin 

free drinks  are Coffee/tea/sodas /juice

snacks are like the Barristas prior to the updated menu

Newspapers & TV 

computer/printer (when it works)

Concierge  at certain hours

You would need to be very high roller  to avoid the crush  if they opened it up to  loyalty members  below  the Presidents circle  level😉

Sorry for the mini-hijack, but what is the "updated menu" at Baristas?

That's a favorite place for DH (on the Riviera, in case it matters), although he was happy to give some equal opportunity to a few of the snacks in the Executive Lounge. 😉

He much preferred Baristas, no surprise, because he also enjoyed the actual Barista and fresh coffees of various sorts, but the convenience of the Executive Lounge was hard to beat sometimes.  However, it made the nibbling a little too easy, ahem...

Thanks.

GC

56 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Sorry for the mini-hijack, but what is the "updated menu" at Baristas?

That's a favorite place for DH (on the Riviera, in case it matters), although he was happy to give some equal opportunity to a few of the snacks in the Executive Lounge. 😉

Barristas  usually had a few cookies  mini sandwiches etc  as you probably know

I have not been on the O ships  post  covid  & since  it was upgraded

the space is expanded &  according posts   it  now has  wine in the evenings  plus  other food items  bagels toast etc  during the day

There  were photos of Riviera  & some of the offerings  in one of the threads  here

Not sure if the R class ships have the New offerings  or still just a selection of small bites

Yes I know where to find DH  just follow the food 😉

8 hours ago, bob brown said:

RCCL and Celebrity lounges serve alchohol and are large more elaborate hangout places. Oceania Concierge and Executive lounges are maybe 4 times as large as a regular balcony cabin, do not have a bar, do not have any windows. Small room to get a cup of coffee and rolls or light snacks. Not even in the same universe as main stream cruise line lounges. Suggest you at least look at a deck plan and you will understand.

A couple of points here. I'm pretty sure that if you are in a PH or higher you can access either lounge. If you are in Concierge you can only go to that lounge. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. 

Celebrity does not have a loyalty lounge, never have had one. What they did do is use a section of their version of Horizons(forget what it's called) and had free drinks for 2 hours each evening for those that are Elite and above(except for the first night). At one point on previous ships when they had less Elite's they had the function in Michael's Club, but it was open to everyone at hours other than the happy hour. Michael's was originally an indoor cigar smoking bar.  They also have a continental type breakfast in one of the Specialty restaurants. They still do the Happy Hour for Elites and up, but with their Always Included concept(which they are backing away from), and drink packages, there is very little use for it. 

They do have a special lounge for those that are traveling in suites. What and where it is depends on class of ship. Celebrity has really gone to the whole "Retreat" concept. 

Royal Caribbean on the other hand does have special lounges for different loyalty levels. They have a Diamond Lounge, A Suite Lounge, a Pinnacle Lounge and maybe more, depending on your status is will depend on which ones you can access. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have not been on Oceania for five years.  Prior to that we were in both Penthouse and Concierge cabins.  We checked out the lounges and found that they were sorely lacking for anything we needed, except for my DH occasionally needing to print something.  Found that calling room service or going to Baristas had much more of what we were looking for -- whether it was a latte or a stronger drink.

• Like 1