Best dish in the MDR?

kruzkraziness

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2022 at 6:32 PM, jennybenny said:

Oh boo 

I think it depends on how willing they are to do something special! 

I’m hoping they will do it for my daughter. She was so excited to hear about it. “You can eat the bowl???!!!” 🤣🤣 we will try and ask. 

• Like 1

I think the difference might also be in putting in the request the day before.    They probably do not make these and have them sitting ready, immediately upon request.    I have never asked, as that is just not my thing.  Love alfredo though!

I saw a great recommendation for the veal stuffed pasta at Alfredo's.

Has anyone here had that?

What are the best items on the new menus at Alfredo's?

I also saw that one cruiser thought the braised short-ribs at the Gastro Pub were one of the tastiest things he had onboard.   (not all ships have this dining option)

16 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I think the difference might also be in putting in the request the day before.    They probably do not make these and have them sitting ready, immediately upon request.    I have never asked, as that is just not my thing.  Love alfredo though!A

I also saw that one cruiser thought the braised short-ribs at the Gastro Pub were one of the tastiest things he had onboard.   (not all ships have this dining option)

Agreed, if you order something the night before, they will get it for you and YES, I've had the veal pasta at Alfredos.... YUM! It's my favorite when we can get it!!

22 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I think the difference might also be in putting in the request the day before.    They probably do not make these and have them sitting ready, immediately upon request.    I have never asked, as that is just not my thing.  Love alfredo though!

I am hoping to try that veal dish on my upcoming cruise very soon.  

Creme brulee was my favorite until Princess, in their infinite wisdom, stripped it from the menu.  In fact my cruise on the Grand Princess in June of this year had the worst food of all of my thirteen Princess cruises.   My previous cruise on the Regal in December of 2019 had great food and plenty of creme brulee.

Word on the street is that Princess knows this and it will be interesting if they may a course correction.

44 minutes ago, cruzysuzy said:

Creme brulee was my favorite until Princess, in their infinite wisdom, stripped it from the menu.  In fact my cruise on the Grand Princess in June of this year had the worst food of all of my thirteen Princess cruises.   My previous cruise on the Regal in December of 2019 had great food and plenty of creme brulee.

Word on the street is that Princess knows this and it will be interesting if they may a course correction.

Princess "in their in infinite wisdom" did not strip creme brulee from the menu. I had it several times during my recent cruise on the Enchanted.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

But it was one of their 'regulars' in the everyday menu.

True, it used to be every night. 

They did have creme brulee occasionally but in other flavors that didn't appeal to me.  The original vanilla was great.

23 hours ago, cruzysuzy said:

Our food on the Emerald in February was the worst food I’ve ever had on a cruise ship.  Makes me kind of dread the 111 day world cruise as far as dining. But we have a fantastic Cruise Critic group with a huge amount of private tours and group activities.  We’ll have a great time even with the odd menus and poorly cooked food (if that’s what it comes to). I saw 14 days of menus and the food looked as odd and unappetizing as it was on the Emerald. 

jeno, that doesn't suprise me.  When the best food on a cruise is fettucini alfredo and, the not always onboard creme brulee, well, that says a lot.  Most other lines are not having such major food issues, staffing issues, customer service issues, Covid issues,  etc.  It is clear that spending years and years with the excuse  'well, this is on a cruise ship' is basically a lie.

I have had a decent Prime Rib, but even that is not always the case.

I don't want to spend a full week or more on a cruise ship, because I feel like that is when Covid and flu can really spread.  We have a shortie booked.   And, especially on a short cruise, I expect the menu offerings to be pretty limited and not so good.   We are thinking about trying Crown Grill, eating at Alfredo's, and other options to the main dining room.

I hope that the post I have been seeing about possible updates to the menus and recipes is true.  But, then again,  new and improved is not always better.