Cabins

johnnydeo

Inside rooms are great if all you plan to do is sleep and shower in them.  We book them sometimes when we want to save money and find it encourages us to get out and enjoy the ship more.  Think about location when you book yours.  It's nice to be convenient to a public space you plan to enjoy a lot.  On my last cruise we had an inside room right near the pool deck so it was easy to go out and watch the sunrise when I wanted.

They do not have alarm clocks in the cabin but I believe you can use the stateroom phone to set up a wake up call.  We just always use our cell phones.

I've also heard of others leaving the bridge cam on the TV which will help you stay in tune with nighttime/daylight outside.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ecslady said:

No.  I bring a travel alarm clock. Be careful using your phone for an alarm because of time changes - the phone doesn't always sync up with time changes, plus ships time may also be different.

I always recommend putting your phone in manual mode for the time when on a cruise and manually choosing the time zone as the ship tells you to change the clock.  This way you won't be caught off guard by an automatic time zone change that doesn't match the ship's clock.

• Like 2

For us, Inside staterooms are great. On our first few cruises we had a balcony. That's great to experience when cruising is new and unique.  Since then, we spend most of our  time outside the room so we don't find it worthwhile. I book 2 cruises in an interior for the price of one cruise with a balcony. Sleeping in an interior room is incredibly soothing, total darkness and the ship movement makes for great sleep. And if we're just chilling  in the room, we're enjoying that too, balcony not needed. 

I have a "balcony" booked for 2024 to experience the notorious IV 😀 but I have 7 other  cruises in interiors coming up. 

As with everything on a cruise...... YMMV.

Edited by Smmessineo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, johnnydeo said:

Are inside okay?

We have done inside, Ocean View, and balcony/veranda on various ships.  While we prefer balcony, we look at the cabin as really just a place to sleep, not as a place to spend any time.   We look at the price differences and go for Ocean View or balcony if the daily price difference is not that large.

However, this is really just a matter of personal preference and what you think is important to you and what you want to spend money on.  It also depends on the itinerary.  Will it be cold and dreary or warm and sunny? Do you see yourself spending most of your time on-deck or in your cabin?  What is important to you on a vacation?  How much do you want to spend on a vacation?

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

Do you see yourself spending most of your time on-deck or in your cabin? 

Unfortunately, it’s often difficult to find seating on deck, so we preferred to use our balcony.

Edited by upwarduk

3 hours ago, johnnydeo said:

Inside cabins look bigger than NCL. Going to Southern carribean in April so weather is not a factor. 

Southern Carribean makes a balcony more attractive.  FYI, never had trouble finding seating on deck if all you want is outside and don't care if you are near the pool.

Inside cabins aren't for everyone.  Some new ships have outside views or you can keep your TV on to show the outside. 

While tthey work for some- it doesn't work for us.  We enjoy a balcony and fresh air .  Especially to enjoy a cup of coffee or breakfast on the balcony.  

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Inside cabins aren't for everyone.  Some new ships have outside views or you can keep your TV on to show the outside. 

While tthey work for some- it doesn't work for us.  We enjoy a balcony and fresh air .  Especially to enjoy a cup of coffee or breakfast on the balcony.  

When I get an inside cabin, I usually leave the TV on the navigation channel so I can see the bridge view - it helps me feel more connected to the outside world. 

• Like 1

As someone who booked inside cabins for my next two cruises I'm glad there are so many people who won't considered them. It helps keep the price down for me.  

I'm also a crazy person who volunteered to serve aboard a submarine and we would submerge and never see the sun for 70 days straight so an inside cabin isn't going to bother me.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2022 at 2:50 PM, ecslady said:

No.  I bring a travel alarm clock. Be careful using your phone for an alarm because of time changes - the phone doesn't always sync up with time changes, plus ships time may also be different.

I usually switch my phone to manual date and time settings when onboard for these very reasons. The phone will do all sorts of wonky time things on a cruise just because time zones and such. You should not have any issues setting alarms if you switch the phone to manual mode and set the phone to ship's time. 

As for the inside cabin, one way to not sleep too late is to leave your TV set to the Bridge Cam so when the sun comes up, you'll get some brightness in your cabin.