Royal drops testing

6 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

When I have to renew next year I will get both the book and card (just have the book now), just to avoid the real ID hassle with something I can just carry in my wallet. Not sure if it will just be the extra $30 for the card as a renewal, or if it will be the full $65, as I have only had the book in the past. 

My current drivers license is real id compliant.  I think all states are supposed to be that way by sometime next year.  So, for most people a passport card is worthless.  IMHO.

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

My current drivers license is real id compliant.  I think all states are supposed to be that way by sometime next year.  So, for most people a passport card is worthless.  IMHO.

There seems to be some confusion with the mandates for the current drivers licensing being compliant. The Division of Motor Vehicles in many states are still leaving it up to applicant to apply for either one. This is leading to confusion because for years, New Jersey required "6 points" for driver license approval which seems far more secure than previous versions. The "6 point" application does not qualify for real id without the addition of further paperwork which they scan and keep on file. I was offered to get the real id with my last renewal which I did. I was not mandated to get the real Id.

They might be trying to "stage" over the renewal periods to keep from getting overwhelmed with everybody doing it at once.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Coralc said:

Edit: Never mind, maybe it is a Panama port stop, that I was unfamiliar with. 

10-night out of Tampa on Serenade of the seas with port stops in Columbia, Colon Panama, Costa Rica, Cozumel, and the Cayman Islands.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Impressive, I’m jealous. 

I am sure you tested in July however. 

Had the first leg of our B3B in July not been Bermuda, we wouldn't have had to test on any of those cruises.

Edited by orville99

We are taking the TA from Miami on 4/23/23 stopping in Spain, France and Corsica before ending in Rome.  As vaccinated and double boosted as of 9/30/22,  will we have to pass a test before boarding as the rules are right now?

34 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No, not really. Everyone had to test in July regardless of destination, but that’s OK. 

We tested in July out of Cape Liberty, going to Bahamas. There were 8 of us cruising together, all vaccinated (including our 6-year-old grandson).  My husband and I both tested positive the day after that cruise (our fourth since the restart). Oh well, at least we got to enjoy the cruise. 

We stop at Labadee in April 2023; I’m reading it as we won’t have to test?  Hope not; the testing was the most stressful part of getting ready to cruise!

58 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No, not really. Everyone had to test in July regardless of destination, but that’s OK. 

You are right. The Bermuda cruise was in August - We had so many B2B's this summer that I got the July and August ones reversed. We just didn't have to test between legs, and the Labadee cruises were always the back legs.

Edited by orville99

1 hour ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

There seems to be some confusion with the mandates for the current drivers licensing being compliant. The Division of Motor Vehicles in many states are still leaving it up to applicant to apply for either one. This is leading to confusion because for years, New Jersey required "6 points" for driver license approval which seems far more secure than previous versions. The "6 point" application does not qualify for real id without the addition of further paperwork which they scan and keep on file. I was offered to get the real id with my last renewal which I did. I was not mandated to get the real Id.

They might be trying to "stage" over the renewal periods to keep from getting overwhelmed with everybody doing it at once.

Agree, I think I had the option although don’t actually remember, but to me that is a no-brainer if you are ever going to get on an airplane.

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You are right. The Bermuda cruise was in August - We had so many B2B's this summer that I got the July and August ones reversed. We just didn't have to test between legs, and the Labadee cruises were always the back legs.

Regardless, your schedule is very envious. 

Someday, dare to dream!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

It was far too much hassle to get my PA license as a Real ID so I gave up when I did the renewal in June of this year and will just use my passport as needed until I have time to drive an hour one way to go to SS office and get a new SS card ( I was unable to request new card online).

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It was far too much hassle to get my PA license as a Real ID so I gave up when I did the renewal in June of this year and will just use my passport as needed until I have time to drive an hour one way to go to SS office and get a new SS card ( I was unable to request new card online).

Yes, social security, doesn’t trust the postal system to send you a new card!  I have a card that was issued when I was about 5, which was a lifetime ago.  

JC

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I do not understand the point of a passport card?

jc

Their only purpose would be crossing at land crossings going into Canada or Mexico.  Years ago I had a similar thing offered by Canada that was attached to your drivers license and called an enhanced DL.  I was driving across the border very frequently back then.  Sometimes as much as 4 times per week.  It was more convenient to have a card in the wallet that have to worry about a passport book.  That being said, I also had a normal passport.  For the little extra effort and cost of getting a passport I can't see the point expect for narrow circumstance I had. 

3 hours ago, crzndeb said:

This new protocol definitely works for the Navigator New Years sailing, with my 2 unvaxxed grandkids, although the previous protocol was pretty silly, just showing a pic of unproctored NEG test.

We did that with our two unjabbed gk's when we got on Navigator back in September. It is a complete waste of time.

22 hours ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

If I am reading it correctly, Haiti (Labadee) only requires pretest if you are not fully vaccinated, correct?

If vaccinated, then no pretest is required?

Exactly...no test required if fully vaxed 🙂

We are going to wait and see how this turns out going forward. 

Right now we are both fully vaccinated and have both had two booster shots. 

Our next cruise is an 8-day and goes to Labadee, Aruba, & Curasao,

18 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We are going to wait and see how this turns out going forward. 

Right now we are both fully vaccinated and have both had two booster shots. 

Our next cruise is an 8-day and goes to Labadee, Aruba, & Curasao,

Are you on the Harmony December 10?  If so, we need to meet.  

JC