11-3-2022 WEIGH IN - heading into holiday temptations

Izena

Good morning everyone. Hope youve had a good week.   I’ve been struggling with sugar cravings  bought 6 six bags of Halloween candy and ate 3 in a week. Obviously an addiction because I’m hiding the wrappers.. I’m exhausted with all the spam calls, emails, and text messages - selling Medicare , buying my house,  vote,  school loans(would be pretty sad if I  still had loans haven’t been in school since 1983)  politics etc

i m in the middle of my range which really surprised me this morning.   Still walking  and working on the yard - clearing and leveling a flower bed for grass in the spring too sunny for flowers.  

Would like to see some of the people who just read our posts join in.  This is a great site for getting ready for cruises,

• Like 1

I can only sporadically post but can read. My phone doesn't like updates

Waist back down 1/2". Thought I'd be up but not. And no idea why. 

I voted 2 weeks ago so I'm with you, Izena. Add to that the calls to buy my house, contribute more to charity, politics, fear religious groups .... itz exhausting 

Walked this morning but only a 1/2 hr as it was 35°. Still under 40°. It's November.  Supposedly our warmest month. Very strange weather

Hello Izena and Ombud.  One thing about cruising miss all that stuff by phone

but still so much junk on e-mail.

I to voted by mail--see what happens the 8th. Heaven help us. Don't let things get worse.

Where has peoples minds gone?

Yes Izena I wish more people would join us. Would help them and us. You have done

such a great job. Good example for them. You should write your story here and those that

just read would get inspired.

Jan are you through with treatments or almost? Looking forward to the bell ringing

and then your cruise in Dec.

Ombud your leaving soon on your cruise? Great that your still walking in cold weather.

Jo to, I think your cruising soon or have left already.

Susan you too--same as above.

We're all cruising fools!😃

HI all!

I got back from my 2 cruises late Sat night & picked up some bug so haven't been feeling the greatest. It's not Covid.

I injured my knee on the 1st cruise so went to the doctor on the 2nd ($152), he gave me painkillers & it's still hurting weeks later. Going to my doctor on the 14th. I was shocked to see I only gained 1.4 lbs after being away for 25 days & not being able to do the stairs. I was so glad I took my cane left over from my knee replacement 10 years ago!

I had a really good time & saw some new places although we didn't make it to Guernsey, the reason I booked the Star cruise. I don't have much luck making islands!!

We also had a local  election while I was away so I voted by internet for the 1st time.

Have a nice weekend & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Jo - congrats on the small weight gain - sounds like it was a nice cruise.

Ombud - sounds like you are doing ok!!!

Belle - Today I rang the bell.  It was a good day - I will probably go through testing in January to see how things are .... In the mean time I'm getting on with my life and am hoping that everything is now gone.  I do need to get back to eating correctly and I know my a1c's are totally out of whack ... so really need to get back into eating correctly and losing weight.  I'm so grateful for this group of people!!!

Izena - thanks for starting the thread, sorry about the Halloween candy ... I know the feeling.  (I do owe you an email - everything is ok!)   Jan

Need to drive suv more have had it 17 months and have 2000 miles.  Went to drive it yesterday and battery was dead LOL  used the roadside service I got — just to test it out in a none emergency - worked great. Just need to drive it weekly. 

Congrads JAN  🔔 

Jo sorry about your knee.  I buy insurance for trips when out of country - never know when this old body is going to   Fall apart.   I keep  traditional Medicare which covers in all of US so don’t have to worry about being out of network.  Great such a small gain for limited mobility.

Belle nice to hear from you.

Ombud.  Weather has been great for walking and yard work.  

HOUSTON is full of activity.  ASTRO,S  are in the World Series score 3-2 our favor if they win tonight they win the series.  

MLB watch party tonight. Platters: veggie, fruit, gefilte fish.  Also: matzo ball soup, bread, rice crispy treats & brownies. I purposely told people no chips & dip. 

Izena!! That's just an average of 66 miles a week. 

Yes, Belle, we're all cruising happy!! Out of FCCs finally so writing checks (figuratively not literally) now. At least prices are low. In fact I've never paid this little per day before and I upped my category from outside to balcony!!

Jo, voted by 'internet?' Wish we could do that. Too bad about Guernsey but I also missed it once. Was it current or something else?

Jan, 😁🔔

Hello everyone.  YAY ASTROS  World Series win.

For everyone who is just reading posts.   If you are serious about your weight this is the site - it works best if you participate.  It’s the friendship and accountability.  

Yes when I joined I had started losing due to a health scare.   It was the support that kept me going.  This is a lifelong journey.   It took me about 18 months of  walking and  counting calories.  I’ve been maintaining for 15 months.

I used a 5 lb range for maintainence.  My sugar addiction is back. I’m now at the top of my range because  I thought I could control the sugar consumption.  Well I can’t.  I’m not discouraged but realistic- this will be a lifelong struggle.    Because of this group of wonderful people,  I feel I can get back on track.  

everyone has different issues, temptations and goals.   With support and the accountability I can keep this as a 5 lb gain to work off.   I don’t have local support many of my friends are  50 + lbs overweight and negative nellies concerning  wt loss.  

• Like 1