The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday November 6th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Daylight Saving Day, National Ladies Learning Code Day, and National Saxophone Day

I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours. --Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

Meal Suggestion for today - Potato Leek Soup
Drink of the Day - Mai Time
Wine of the Day - Sogrape 2019 Silk & Spice Red (Portuguese Table Wine) Portugal
Destination of the Day - Seydisfjordur, Iceland

Eurodam

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 05:30 - 15:00

Koningsdam

Santa Catalina Island CA, Avalon, California 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 07:00 - 14:00

Oosterdam

Cartagena Spain, Murcia 10:00 - 19:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Grand Turk eta 11/07

Volendam

At Sea Destination Civitavecchia, Italy eta 11/07

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Mahe Island, Victoria, Seychelles eta 11/08

Zuiderdam

Papeete, Tahiti Island & Moorea Island, Society Islands, French Polynesia 07:00 - 16:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Brisbane, Queensland Australia eta 11/09

Westerdam

At Sea

1106Pacific.thumb.png.df0be554cebb7be20532ab36e212636a.png

1106Europe.thumb.png.8d7ec0e81f5435b03f9a8cc7693d292b.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

We changed the clocks last night and Bertie is a little confused.  It was very windy last night and our power went out for a little while.  Hope today is calm.

The quote could be very loving or very creepy. 

The meal sounds good.  I'm sure the drink and wine are good too.

We've been to Iceland but I don't think to that port.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 22

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Hope everybody remembered to set their clocks 1 hour back, daylight saving time has ended.

Quite a quote, more like a love letter.

I like potato leek soup.

Congratulations to the Houston Astros, 2022 World Series Champions.

Never been to Iceland and never will, we don't care for cold places, we have lived in Florida a long time now and I hate it when it gets cool here in January and have to wear a sweater and sometimes pants.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 23

Good morning from a partly foggy/sunny North East coast of England.

We had a nice church service this morning.

We turned our clocks back last Sunday in the UK.

Today's quote could possibly apply to all of us who are married.

Nice food today.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who is unwell.

Best wishes for everyone sailing or due to sail.

Graham.

16677346495553008421625508627272.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 26

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! It is nice to have light in the morning again, though Bindi is confused. Wait until this evening when it gets dark an hour earlier. You should see the accusatory looks she gives me - as if these disruptions are my fault. 😎

Off to the gym, then Aldi, then I am not sure what I will do. I need to do more work in the garden. I am trying to channel my “inner kazu” to force myself to get out there. We are expecting some serious weather this week and I still have stuff to do from Ian. 

Any Minnesotans out there? I applaud your new snow plow names!

BD991BB7-E145-4DA3-B9D8-B43128E3180F.jpeg.da79d276fa77c992c6190a3457e241eb.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Sogrape 2019 Silk & Spice Red Blend

This red blend from Portugal sounds like one I would enjoy. And so reasonably priced! Critics and consumers are fans. I found numerous distributors with prices starting at $9.95.

Distributor Notes

Silk & Spice Red Blend:

This clear red wine is a modern expression of the spices discovered by the Portuguese explorers in 1498 on the Spice Trail”. These explorations opened new and exciting flavors to the western world, such as nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and pepper. This wine has unusual and rich tastes born from local Portuguese grapes and a unique terrain. Silk & Spice received over 90 points from Wine Enthusiast for 4 consecutive years! 

Intense ruby color, with a bright red border. The predominant flavors are ripe, cooked black fruit. Sweet vanilla notes and hints of mocha. The first impression in the mouth is rich and intense. Excellent balance of tannins and acidity, with a long and smooth finish.

Pork chops, beef stew, beef stroganoff, lasagne and comparable dishes are served with tomato sauces or barbecue sauces.

Silk & Spice represents the exceptional flavors made possible by the various Portuguese terroirs, local Portuguese grapes and spices and exotic flavors that were discovered in Silk & Spice’s trails to the Far East in the 1500s. It is a deep and rich red blend, characterized by aromas of ripe red fruits with notes of vanilla, mocha and spices. The local Portuguese varieties – Touriga Nacional, Alicante Bouschet and Baga – make silk and spices.

The sticker illustrates a rethinking of the original 15th century map of the Age of Discoveries. It shows in detail the Bay of Bengal, the Portuguese coat of arms and the historic caravel of the time – all this symbolizes the bravery of sailors who traveled into the unknown and shared spices such as nutmeg, cinnamon and pepper with the world, as well as fabrics such as silk.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 6

Thank you for the Sunday report, Rich.  Nice selection of days; I slept late and have not heard anybody stirring in the house yet; just a quick visit from one of the cats.  I love the quote.   Have not been to today's port.  I think I'll pass on the soup.  My alternative is Chilled Blueberry Soup, Sauteed Veal Tenderloin, and Strawberry Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam November 6, 2017.

dishes06.jpg 

Today’s care list:

Kazu severe foot injury
RIP Vict0riann Cousin Vicki 10/30/22
Lady Hudson canceling cruise due to DH dental emergency
Marshhawk’s friend Sheri in ICU after multiple falls
Ottahand7 Brother headed to rehab with bed sores but improving
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy and new blood clot
Maarshhawk visiting  DMIL with severe dimentia
Mister67 persistent hand injury
From the rotation:
Marshhawk and DH struggling with smoking
Quaartzite Cruiser DH post surgery rehab
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and poor attitude

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Congrats Astros

Dfish now in Midland
Sharon in Charleston
Bolt Creek Fire contained
Ichiban Nekko settling into new house
Work about to start on Cruisin Terri’s house
3 days for me (Eurodam 11/9 to 11/20)
Bon Voyage CraztForCats and segarsmoker (Nieuw Amsterdam 11/6 tp 11/13)
Bon Voyage Dobiemom (NCL Bliss 11/6 to 11/13)
GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 11/5 to 11/12), Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18), and  Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam 11/5 to 11/19) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 14

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Sunday report, Rich.  Nice selection of days; I slept late and have not heard anybody stirring in the house yet; just a quick visit from one of the cats.  I love the quote.   Have not been to today's port.  I think I'll pass on the soup.  My alternative is Chilled Blueberry Soup, Sauteed Veal Tenderloin, and Strawberry Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam November 6, 2017.

dishes06.jpg 

Today’s care list:

Kazu severe foot injury
From the rotation:

Congrats Astros

Dfish now in Midland
Sharon in Charleston
GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 11/5 to 11/12), Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18), and  Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam 11/5 to 11/19) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Morning Roy! Thank you for taking us along on your journey.

Your cat visitor may be trying to figure out what you are still doing there. Or perhaps is hoping you will feed it!  Or maybe just wants it’s ears scratched!

Hope you enjoy your day!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

dishes06.jpg 

Today’s care list:

Kazu severe foot injury
From the rotation:

Congrats Astros

Dfish now in Midland
Sharon in Charleston

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

I have my appointment early tomorrow morning with my joint doctor to discuss my hip x-ray's.

I hope you have an amazing time in Orlando and a wonderful fully deserved cruise.

Graham.

• Like 18

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I like today’s meal suggestion, sadly I haven’t had it in a long time.  I wish we could stop with the time changes.  Lights were out early last night and we were awake by 4:30.  I got to watch the NA arrive in port, looking forward to embarking today.  I hope everyone has a nice day today.

image.thumb.png.5f89becdcab0c04b81907ba0f1c53bc5.png

• Like 23
  • Haha 2

Mai Time cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Cruzan® Black Strap Rum
1 part DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps Liqueur
1 part Orange Juice
1 part Pineapple Juice
1 splash Grenadine

Instructions
Pour DeKuyper® Peachtree® Schnapps Liqueur into glass. Fill with orange and pineapple juices.  Float grenadine over juice. Shake or stir. Float Cruzan® Black Strap Rum on top.

Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 7.46.00 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 11

Good morning friends!  Thanks to everyone who contributes here each day.  Not sure Daylight Savings Day is something to celebrate but it is what it is.  I like Ladies Learning Code day and saxophones, too.  The quote is very lovey dovey!  I guess I would try potato leek soup.  Congratulations to the Houston Astros for their World Series win.  Thanks to Graham @grapau27for Father David's weekly sermon.   Ann@cat shepardthat was a great list of Minnesota snowplows you found.  Such creativity they have!

Prayers for everyone on the Care list.  I hope Jacqui's foot is better (will read her thread next).  Also hope Steve's rehab is improving him every day so he can return home sooner rather than later.  Cheers to all on the Celebration list.  And happy cruising to all the cruisers listed.

Today's port of Seydisfjordur is one of the cities of Iceland I have not been to yet.  It was cancelled on us in 2020 and 2021.  It was supposed to be visited this past summer but that never came to pass either.  Here is Rich's post from the first time it was listed as destination of the day.  By the way I noticed photos from Terry @smitty34877from there as well as @KirkNC and @baltic17.

I hope Debbie and sis are progressing with unpacking today.  Don't do too much at one time ladies. 

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report!  That is one heck of a quote!  Meal sounds good, drink sounds really good.  I will pass on the wine.  

We had quite strong winds last night and then a torrential downpour that sounded quite loud on our steel roof. I went outside this morning and there isn't any damage but the trees are almost bare of their leaves.  

• Like 23

Good morning!  We changed all of our clocks!  Happy that computers, iPads and phones reset themselves!

Today after church we are meeting two of DH’s brothers and SILs for dinner.  One is a snowbird who just went to Sarasota from Nashville- the other lives in same county as us, but in north, and we are south, so about an hour between each of us.

I hope possible storm in Atlantic doesn’t develop.

Best wishes to all!

• Like 24

I played saxaphone (Alto) during Junior High, High School, and a couple years in College. I love listening to a well-played saxaphone; music can capture emotions and bring us to depths beyond our imagination. I never could make the music with my instrument that I wanted to hear in my head and heart, so I gave up the effort.

Power is still off today from Friday's outage, and the rain continues. Water has even found a way to infiltrate the breaker panel and trip one of the circuit breakers. Add replacing that breaker and investigating the water intrusion to my to-do list.

• Like 23

Good morning from sunny, windy and chilly central Texas.  I was 53F when I check the thermometer a few minutes ago.  It's supposed to be in the low 80s this afternoon.

With end of Daylight Savings time I liked seeing the sun come up earlier, but I will not be happy when the sun sets earlier.  At least, in a little more than six weeks, the days will begin getting longer.  Last night, I changed all but two of the clocks that needed changing.  One is a special clock that it is better that I don't mess with.  The other is a binary clock that I'm not sure how to change, so it's also best left alone.  I just learned that Ladies Learning Code Day is a Canadian day started as an advocacy day for ladies and youth to learn code, as in technology code.  I will also salute the ladies who learned to break the German codes during WWII both here and in the UK.  Older DD played saxophone in the high school jazz band.  Saxophones have such a unique sound and can covey so many emotions.

The quote seems a little intense and weird to me.

The potato leek soups sounds good, and the wine might be one I'd like to try.  I'll pass on the drink.

We have been to Iceland several times, but not to today's port.

@dfish  Debbie, I hope you and your sister are enjoying your new house.  Take your time unpacking the boxes as you figure out where things will go.

@cat shepard  Ann, I loved the snowplow meme and will forward it to younger DD since she spent two years in St. Paul getting her masters degree.

@rafinmd  Roy, I hope you have a nice visit with your niece before boarding the Eurodam on 11/9.

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, I hope you and your DH have a wonderful cruise on the NA.  🛳️  BON VOYAGE! 🥂 🍾

@Cat in my lap  Enjoy your visit with DH's brothers and SILs.

@HAL4NOW  I hope you get your power back on soon, and that the rain doesn't cause problems with the area of the fire.  Good luck tracing the water leak into the breaker panel.  The breaker should be easy to replace.

Now it's time to get ready and head to Waco.  DH texted he will have PT at 9 am, but is not sure which 9 am.  They rehab facility had not changed the clocks when he texted this morning.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Happy Sunday Morning!

@grapau27 Thank you for giving us Father David.

@rafinmdYour adventures are sounding fun, and what joy to have a cat find you!  It probably wants food. 🙀

I have been thinking of all of you who have been moving recently.  I really need to make a decision to start downsizing.  I look at all the STUFF I have accumulated over the years, that is just STUFF, and when I am gone, who would want it?

funny-pictures-cats-do-not-fit-in-box.jp

I am going off to the farmers market today,  after eating out every meal when we were in Arkansas, my diet needs a reboot.

f2fbdbd348597a0a28c69c645996719f--cartoon-images-fat-cats.jpg

Have a wonderful day!

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Good morning  from a balmy day for the Marathon  in New York.It was 65 at six am.

Potato leek soup shows up frequently on the menu here and is so easy to make.

We were in the port on the VOV with my DB and DSIL.  It was such a beautiful  place and felt other worldly to me.

Sandi, I found my pictures that I posted but can't  figure out how to magically make them appear when wanted.My laptop died taking most of our pictures from cruises with it several months ago.If you can @StLouisCruisers,please let me know how to accomplish this.Thanks.

• Like 24

Good morning everyone. I HATE THE END OF DAYLIGHT SAVING'S TIME. It will soon be dark by 4pm which seriously impacts my going anywhere since I dont drive in the dark. it's time the whole country adopts Daylight savings time.

That's my rant for today.

I'm still not able to sign in from my ipad.

Yesterday was a beautiful number 10 day and I sat outside with 7 friends in one of the many gazebos we have around our community. 

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  from a balmy day for the Marathon  in New York.It was 65 at six am.

Potato leek soup shows up frequently on the menu here and is so easy to make.

We were in the port on the VOV with my DB and DSIL.  It was such a beautiful  place and felt other worldly to me.

Sandi, I found my pictures that I posted but can't  figure out how to magically make them appear when wanted.My laptop died taking most of our pictures from cruises with it several months ago.If you can @StLouisCruisers,please let me know how to accomplish this.Thanks.

Terry, are you on an IPhone, laptop, or Ipad?  I only move photos from my laptop, not my phone.  That seems like it would be harder so someone else would have to give instructions.

You click on the link in my post above and that will take you to the Daily on June 29, 2021.  Scroll down to your first post #14 where you have two photos.  I would place my cursor at the beginning of the sentence that starts out "We have been to the port..." and left click at that spot, holding the left click button down and slide it down the page to the bottom of the second picture.  This turns the material blue.  Release the button then right click on the blue material (I usually right click on the text portion because it displays a lot fewer options than if you right click on the photos).  Click COPY.  Then open a reply box here and paste into the reply box.  Go back and do the same for the two photos you added in post #16.  Once you've pasted all the photos here on this thread, click submit reply.

Or just say the word and I can transport them here for you.  😁

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2