In a bit of a conundrum. Need advice

allie3490

Hi all. So we have a cruise coming up next May. Was supposed to be me, my 2 sons, and one of their girlfriend. So 2 cabins. Well my son recently broke up with gf and not sure how it all works. Do I just remove her from the reservation or am I able to replace her with someone else? 

Also, I purchased dining (3 night package) and internet (4 device) through cruise planner. Am I able to call RC and just have them remove her from each? I'm hoping so cause the price of dining has gone up since I booked. I will certainly call RC regardless but wanted to see what people's experiences have been. Thanks in advance!

If you have a replacement person then that would be the easiest solution.

If you purchased 4 device plan, no need to worry about changing anything.

If you individually purchased 4 devices then you can ask about swapping names with the replacement person. It is much cheaper if you bought the 4 device pkg.

Same for dining pkg.

And keep an eye for black Friday sales.   You can always cancel what you purchased and buy at the sale price.

If you remove the GF without a replacement person they will have to reprice that cabin as a solo cabin which will most likely cost more.

Find a replacement.

I may be available😁

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

It’s my understanding that as long as the girl was not person #1 on the stateroom, she can be dropped or replaced. If it is a two person stateroom, and she is just dropped, then your son would become a solo passenger in the stateroom, and he would still be paying just about what it costs for two people. As a result, it would be more cost-effective to just have one of his buddies join him. Alternatively, since you’re so far out, as long as you don’t have a nonrefundable deposit, you could just have the three of you in one stateroom and save a ton of money! 

7 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

It’s my understanding that as long as the girl was not person #1 on the stateroom, she can be dropped or replaced. If it is a two person stateroom, and she is just dropped, then your son would become a solo passenger in the stateroom, and he would still be paying just about what it costs for two people. As a result, it would be more cost-effective to just have one of his buddies join him. Alternatively, since you’re so far out, as long as you don’t have a nonrefundable deposit, you could just have the three of you in one stateroom and save a ton of money! 

I do not think it matters who listed as passenger #1 and who is listed as passenger # 2.  What matters is that at least one passenger’s name stays the same on the reservation from the day it is made until the day of sailing.  So, if the initial reservation is for Jane Jones and John Smith, for example, as long as John’s name stays on the reservation from start to finish, the other name can be changed.  

On 11/9/2022 at 6:14 AM, allie3490 said:

Hi all. So we have a cruise coming up next May. Was supposed to be me, my 2 sons, and one of their girlfriend. So 2 cabins.

Obvious question:  Now that you're a three-person group, are you sticking with two cabins, or will you drop to one?  One cabin -- even a larger cabin -- would be cheaper.  

Regardless, the answer is, You've gotta call Royal's Customer Service.  

On 11/9/2022 at 6:24 AM, cruiseboy89130 said:

He might get 2 more girlfriends by that time - so i would just wait....

Yeah, but short-term girlfriends don't usually get taken along on cruises with mom and dad. 

Edited by Mum2Mercury

14 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Obvious question:  Now that you're a three-person group, are you sticking with two cabins, or will you drop to one?  One cabin -- even a larger cabin -- would be cheaper.  

Not necessarily.  A LOT of postings where the price is much higher for 3 or 4 in one cabin versus two cabins.

21 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I do not think it matters who listed as passenger #1 and who is listed as passenger # 2.  What matters is that at least one passenger’s name stays the same on the reservation from the day it is made until the day of sailing.  So, if the initial reservation is for Jane Jones and John Smith, for example, as long as John’s name stays on the reservation from start to finish, the other name can be changed.  

Correct.