Riviera currently in dry dock in Marseilles

Robjame

8 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Glad you posted this.  I was searching for an article that spoke to the extensive refurbishment, but didn't find this one.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2022/OCEANIA+CRUISES+ANNOUNCES+TWO+MORE+BETTER-THAN-NEW+SHIPS+Riviera+and+Marina+to+Undergo+Stem-to-Stern+Re-Inspiration+in+2022+and+2023+Rebuild+Will+Yield+1%2c210+New+Suites+and+Staterooms+and+Transformed+Public+Spaces/

Then they decided to leave some cabins with the tubs  after many comments

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From the Travel Weekly article.. "Oceania is calling it a "stem-to-stern re-inspiration" of the Riviera and the Marina. Built to accommodate 1,250 passengers, the ships will have a capacity for 1,210 after the refurbishments."  40 less pax is 20 cabins (I know, the obvious).  Seems like a lot to lose unless they're maybe taking smaller cabins and combining them into larger ones. Anyone know?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, EasyGoingGuy said:

From the Travel Weekly article.. "Oceania is calling it a "stem-to-stern re-inspiration" of the Riviera and the Marina. Built to accommodate 1,250 passengers, the ships will have a capacity for 1,210 after the refurbishments."  40 less pax is 20 cabins (I know, the obvious).  Seems like a lot to lose unless they're maybe taking smaller cabins and combining them into larger ones. Anyone know?

This is interesting. I've missed this before. I haven't counted but were there 625 cabins before update? Or, is full capacity determined by any rooms that can accommodate 3 or 4 people? I see quite a few triples on the deck plan. Maybe they're pulling out 40 sofa beds. I didn't count the cabins. My eyes are too old for that. 

Edited by ORV

I believe that capacity is always quoted based on 'double occupancy'. 

ORV... I see in your 'coming up "Enticing Caribbean". We've got that one scheduled just a month later than you.  Looking forward to a relaxing cruise as our Dec'21-Jan'22 South American covid impacted one wasn't.

15 hours ago, EasyGoingGuy said:

Somewhere, and I don't recall where, I read that they are converting some cabins to PH rooms.

15 hours ago, EasyGoingGuy said:

ORV... I see in your 'coming up "Enticing Caribbean". We've got that one scheduled just a month later than you.

Yeah, about that, not sure I'm going to make that one, sadly. I was looking forward to it.