Riviera currently in dry dock in Marseilles

Robjame

8 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Glad you posted this.  I was searching for an article that spoke to the extensive refurbishment, but didn't find this one.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2022/OCEANIA+CRUISES+ANNOUNCES+TWO+MORE+BETTER-THAN-NEW+SHIPS+Riviera+and+Marina+to+Undergo+Stem-to-Stern+Re-Inspiration+in+2022+and+2023+Rebuild+Will+Yield+1%2c210+New+Suites+and+Staterooms+and+Transformed+Public+Spaces/

Then they decided to leave some cabins with the tubs  after many comments

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We can hardly wait to start reading the comments about the “New” Riviera when she returns     Dec. 7.  The pictures look AMAZING  but we won’t be aboard her until the end of 2023, hopefully. 
Mauibabes

• Like 3

From the Travel Weekly article.. "Oceania is calling it a "stem-to-stern re-inspiration" of the Riviera and the Marina. Built to accommodate 1,250 passengers, the ships will have a capacity for 1,210 after the refurbishments."  40 less pax is 20 cabins (I know, the obvious).  Seems like a lot to lose unless they're maybe taking smaller cabins and combining them into larger ones. Anyone know?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, EasyGoingGuy said:

From the Travel Weekly article.. "Oceania is calling it a "stem-to-stern re-inspiration" of the Riviera and the Marina. Built to accommodate 1,250 passengers, the ships will have a capacity for 1,210 after the refurbishments."  40 less pax is 20 cabins (I know, the obvious).  Seems like a lot to lose unless they're maybe taking smaller cabins and combining them into larger ones. Anyone know?

This is interesting. I've missed this before. I haven't counted but were there 625 cabins before update? Or, is full capacity determined by any rooms that can accommodate 3 or 4 people? I see quite a few triples on the deck plan. Maybe they're pulling out 40 sofa beds. I didn't count the cabins. My eyes are too old for that. 

Edited by ORV

I believe that capacity is always quoted based on 'double occupancy'. 

ORV... I see in your 'coming up "Enticing Caribbean". We've got that one scheduled just a month later than you.  Looking forward to a relaxing cruise as our Dec'21-Jan'22 South American covid impacted one wasn't.

15 hours ago, EasyGoingGuy said:

Somewhere, and I don't recall where, I read that they are converting some cabins to PH rooms.

15 hours ago, EasyGoingGuy said:

ORV... I see in your 'coming up "Enticing Caribbean". We've got that one scheduled just a month later than you.

Yeah, about that, not sure I'm going to make that one, sadly. I was looking forward to it.