Water/Drink Policy

coldflame

4 minutes ago, tgloersen said:

I usually pack it in my big luggage but this time was in my carry on.  Im not sure what the problem is with it, there is no heating element in it.

And just for clarification i just looked at the "Prohibited Items List" and fans are not on it, unless im blind.

51 minutes ago, coldflame said:

That's very annoying. I think it's the only cruise line that won't allow to bring _some_ non-alcoholic drinks on board.

I've also sailed on Princess and Royal Caribbean.  They had identical policies.

So I'm not sure what you mean by "the only cruise line."

I was able to bring a bottle of water back from the local ports (it was in the US and Canada). After I bought a small water bottle, I was able to take it off and back on at the next ports.  This wasn't the first day, but the subsequent days in ports.

I've packed an empty water bottle in my checked luggage and then just fill it up at the buffet (you are supposed to fill up the cups of ice/water and then put those in your water bottle, which I did, but many don't).

7 hours ago, EvanBedar said:

I've also sailed on Princess and Royal Caribbean.  They had identical policies.

So I'm not sure what you mean by "the only cruise line."

MSC also prohibits any wine, soda or water brought onboard.

At embarkation, no. Security is much more lenient at port stops, so water or soft drinks can often get through.  Just back from Europe and in a number of the ports security checks were in the terminal and there was a duty free shop where you could buy soda & water after your bags were scanned.  Interestingly, the usual "no food or beverages off/on the ship" was not part of the info in the Freestyle Daily for those ports...

15 minutes ago, julig22 said:

"no food or beverages off/on the ship"

Food I get, don't want to be bringing fruits that MAY contain critters (gosh, I hope not but this is why) that don't belong in that region off the ship.  Beverages - taking them off should be ENCOURAGED, to reduce risk of dehydration in port.  Haven't been questioned about taking bottles of water off the ship, even refillable bottles that have no factory seal.

33 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Interestingly, the usual "no food or beverages off/on the ship" was not part of the info in the Freestyle Daily for those ports..

I've never seen "no beverages off the ship" in the Freestyle Daily. I can't remember the last time we didn't take water with us when going ashore.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Food I get, don't want to be bringing fruits that MAY contain critters (gosh, I hope not but this is why) that don't belong in that region off the ship.  Beverages - taking them off should be ENCOURAGED, to reduce risk of dehydration in port.  Haven't been questioned about taking bottles of water off the ship, even refillable bottles that have no factory seal.

59 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I've never seen "no beverages off the ship" in the Freestyle Daily. I can't remember the last time we didn't take water with us when going ashore.

Sorry I chose to make a condensed, all inclusive statement in the interest of brevity.  Both of you absolutely know that water bottles are allowed off the ship - and are also fully aware that they don't check bags going off the ship either. Finding food would be the job of the dogs in the terminal, depending on the port.

Must be a slow news day.

image.thumb.png.e5e76e603aae0a6b166f1ef87bf1e46b.png

15 hours ago, Tljcruiser said:

And wine!!!

15 hours ago, Tljcruiser said:

And wine!!!

NCL has always allowed unlimited bottles of wine for a $15 corkage fee, now if you have the UBP (I think the majority do) unlimited wine can be brought onboard for free.

Well this sucks...  DW needs to drink Alkaline water for digestive reasons.  We are boarding POA in just under two weeks and we planned on brining a six pack with us. We're regular Royal Caribbean cruisers and just assumed this is ok.  She needs just one a day.  Would they stock any alkaline water onboard that she could order?

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Well this sucks...  DW needs to drink Alkaline water for digestive reasons.  We are boarding POA in just under two weeks and we planned on brining a six pack with us. We're regular Royal Caribbean cruisers and just assumed this is ok.  She needs just one a day.  Would they stock any alkaline water onboard that she could order?

Can you get a note from her doctor?

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Have you considered just adding baking soda to normal water?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Have you filled out the Special Needs request form?  I have no personal experience with it, but I believe I've read on here that they will allow people to bring special beverages onboard as required for medical reasons.  https://ncl.secure.force.com/AccessDeskForm/

• Like 2