Ship change advisory – Carnival Magic to Carnival Venezia

Old Fart Cruisers

19 minutes ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Most of the "fun to be revealed" slots seems to be eateries, most of the usual Carnival ones have slots, they must be putting in new ones specific for Venezia, or just change the wording, like I would hope they keep the gelato. However, I don't think it is getting Guy's Burger's, rather something different. I also don't see Carnival Deli either unless that will be within the Lido Marketplace later on.

From the Carnival website they make it sound like it will have all the same eateries as any of the other ships with the Italian flair of the ship. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts they put a Guys in, as well as the other core food expectations; maybe even a big chicken too. The space should be the same as other vista class ships (roughly).  

Edited by cruisingguy007

Those longer sailings in the winter are nice. I remember when they used to have the Miracle sail year round from NYC and it would only be an 8-day Bahamas cruise. Half the cruise would be spend in cold weather. I think if the European market doesn't improve, the Venezia will eventually been named the Carnival Venezia 

10 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

So it is now official as we got the email as well. It is a Vista Class ship built in 2019. They will start converting her in December. We aren't happy as the Vista Class isn't a favourite of ours, especially since it doesn't have the Havana area. We'll probably still go on our B2B in September,  just hope we are given our bowling alley balcony like we had booked on the Magic. 😎

It looks like they're going to be doing some sort of Havana-like area, called Terrazza Carnevale. Carnival's website explains that it'll be an exclusive area and, like Havana, guests need to be 12+. I wonder if they'll add a pool or something during the 6-month conversion. To charge this much more for just more seating space in a prime location seems silly.image.thumb.png.cc33a68813b17d56c3f1db119d2b34cc.png

• Like 1

A bit of background we have only sailed on RCCL up until this point.  We wanted to try Carnival as a comparative.  So my wife went through the Fun Match program based on our current RCCL offers and we managed to grab a good offer on a 7 say sailing in Sept of 2023 on Magic.  The itinerary worked for us etc.  This morning my wife received an email to say that we are going to be switched to the Venezia.  Which I guess is a ship coming over from Costa.  We had done a little research on Magic and while it definitely isn't the biggest or newest we thought it seemed fine.  With this new ship we know nothing of it.  Does anyone have any information on it at all?

more information will be coming out in the next few weeks/months or so. they will be a ton of information once it gets released 

i have 2 cruises that need to be switched over and my email says it will take about a week to complete

Venezia is a Vista class ship. I'm not sure what it will be equipped with when it's "Carnivalized". Maybe there's a "Funship 3.0" concept in the works to add things like Shaq's Chicken and such to the converted Costa and older ships. I sure hope so!

The Pig and Anchor that I was looking forward to on the Magic again will not be on the Venezia. Interestingly, Guys Burger will also not be on it according to the information I found on the Carnival Website. Guys burger should be on all Carnival ships IMO.

• Like 4

One of the things that's a little challenging about this is that Carnival is likely to operate ONLY Venezia from NYC.  A second ship is truly unrealistic given their historic track record up there struggling to fill a Spirit Class vessel.  So with that being the case and with the company's desire to have a differentiated product in the Costa by Carnival branding, I wonder if an eventual 'dancing of the ships' is in order.  Perhaps Venezia eventually swaps out with Horizon in MIA.  That way NYC gets 12 month service from a classic Carnival ship and MIA gets a differentiated product offering.  Long Beach doesn't have the same issus with Firenza as that port will surely have multiple Carnival vessels.  My sincere hope is that Firenza does the same kind of multiple interesting itineraries down the Mexican Riviera, Hawaii and Pacific coasts that they are planning out of NYC. 

I had spa balcony rooms reserved on my July 2023 Magic cruises.  Since there is no thermal spa on the Venezia, I'm concerned about what room Carnival is going to switch me into.  I paid a higher price for my spa balconies and will not be happy with a regular balcony on the Venezia for the same price I paid.  Will be curious to see how the ship to ship room swaps work out.

15 minutes ago, jsglow said:

One of the things that's a little challenging about this is that Carnival is likely to operate ONLY Venezia from NYC.  A second ship is truly unrealistic given their historic track record up there struggling to fill a Spirit Class vessel. 

Part of the problem is the competition out of New York with both Royal and Norwegian doing year round cruises. Also new next year is MSC is also doing cruises out of here more often. 

Hopefully with these newer longer 9-12 day itinerary going to the south Caribbean proves to be popular and they keep offering every year

6 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Just got the email myself for our 2 room sailing in June of 2023. Taking our 7 and 5 year old grand daughters on their FIRST cruise. NO WATERWORKS on this ship. NO SLIDES for the kids. This is not going to be an UP grade from the Magic.

On the Carnival site it states everything it will have for the kids.  I don' think there is anything missing.  For the kids, there’s spaces made just for their age like Camp Ocean, Circle “C”® and Club O2®. And outdoors, get ready for a very splashy WaterWorks, SportSquare featuring a ropes course, jogging track, mini golf and outdoor fitness center.

25 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi 🙂

Keep an eye on the link below. It gets updated extremely frequently. Just updated yesterday.

Carnival Venezia Ship Features & Public Areas 

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8841

I looked at this link and found on Deck 15 forward was Serenity and Deck 15 aft was BOLT sea coaster.  The currant deck plans on Carnival website show Deck 15 as being aft only and that being Serenity.  Just curious if they are adding BOLT or if I am just reading it wrong?

35 minutes ago, cruise4family said:

I had spa balcony rooms reserved on my July 2023 Magic cruises.  Since there is no thermal spa on the Venezia, I'm concerned about what room Carnival is going to switch me into.  I paid a higher price for my spa balconies and will not be happy with a regular balcony on the Venezia for the same price I paid.  Will be curious to see how the ship to ship room swaps work out.

There are a few different cabin types on Magic that's not on Venezia. There's a few of us booked for next summer. Some have spa cabins. A couple have 4Js. There are no 4Js either. Looking at the deck plans, I'm hoping they do not switch us to a regular interior or an oceanview on deck 1.

Other than that, I knew this ship was coming to NY and looking forward to the swap. I do wish there was a Guys Burger mostly for my teens who make a b-line straight for the place as soon as we board! 

12 minutes ago, cruizinisthebest said:

There are a few different cabin types on Magic that's not on Venezia. There's a few of us booked for next summer. Some have spa cabins. A couple have 4Js. There are no 4Js either. Looking at the deck plans, I'm hoping they do not switch us to a regular interior or an oceanview on deck 1.

Other than that, I knew this ship was coming to NY and looking forward to the swap. I do wish there was a Guys Burger mostly for my teens who make a b-line straight for the place as soon as we board! 

You are correct that there are no Spa cabins on the Venezia, but there are 4Js on decks 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, and 14.

Edited by spencercoop

47 minutes ago, spencercoop said:

You are correct that there are no Spa cabins on the Venezia, but there are 4Js on decks 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, and 14.

I just looked at the deck plans on Carnival's website and yes they did make those forward rooms 4Js, so I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing this out. When I checked this morning, the updated deck plans weren't up. Awesome. Thanks again!

1 hour ago, WPTNGirl said:

Hi 🙂

Keep an eye on the link below. It gets updated extremely frequently. Just updated yesterday.

Carnival Venezia Ship Features & Public Areas 

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8841

I looked at this link and found on Deck 15 forward was Serenity and Deck 15 aft was BOLT sea coaster.  The currant deck plans on Carnival website show Deck 15 as being aft only and that being Serenity.  Just curious if they are adding BOLT or if I am just reading it wrong?

Obviously a misprint, probably used an existing template. There's no deck 15 and definitely won't be installing a rollercoaster on the Venezia.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Just got the email myself for our 2 room sailing in June of 2023. Taking our 7 and 5 year old grand daughters on their FIRST cruise. NO WATERWORKS on this ship. NO SLIDES for the kids. This is not going to be an UP grade from the Magic.

Id consider not telling them about the slide and the pool.   Last time we cruise out of NY to canada it was very cold.    Lots of fog  

FYI for anyone interested.   The TA is the same week as the first European Pride sailing for summer 2023 so it conflicts out me being able to do it, but it does look like a fun itinerary.  The rest of the time the ship will be in NYC.