Bourbon

2 hours ago, mek said:

I've never seen Bookers or my favorite for mixed drinks, Knob Creek.

Wow you have great taste and a eye for TOP shelf bourbon!  I am a booker drinker myself.

Edited by fenton04
Spelling
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Last week on Allure they has buffalo trace, gentleman jack, elija craig and wild turkey.  That was at the wipeout bar that I happened to take a picture of.  Could have been others at other bars.

Pub had the same

22 hours ago, mek said:

I've never seen Bookers or my favorite for mixed drinks, Knob Creek.

Me neither but I would love it if they carried it. Love those two.

22 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I've seen Bulleit post-restart as well

I have seen Bulleit too. Even their rye. I like Bulleit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SRF said:

WHY would anyone put a high end whiskey (or other spirit) in a mixed drink?????

Guess it depends on what you consider to be high end.  I would never put Booker's or Blanton's in a cocktail, but I use Knob Creek, Elijah Craig in Manhattan's because I think you can taste the difference in something like that.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mek said:

Guess it depends on what you consider to be high end.  I would never put Booker's or Blanton's in a cocktail, but I use Knob Creek, Elijah Craig in Manhattan's because I think you can taste the difference in something like that.

I agree with that. I don't have a problem with a high end bourbon used in a cocktail. It elevates it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree with that. I don't have a problem with a high end bourbon used in a cocktail. It elevates it.

I would agree but with a qualifier, it depends on the cocktail.  Mixing an high end bourbon with coke is just sinful.   

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

So what does most consider "high end"? $30, $50 $100

I think it depends more on the taste / quality than the price.  I have had some expensive bourbon I would only use in a mix drink and then I have had some for under $50 that I would enjoy drinking poured over an ice cube.  And there are some, Buffalo Trace and Woodford come to mind, that I would drink either mixed or straight. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I would agree but with a qualifier, it depends on the cocktail.  Mixing an high end bourbon with coke is just sinful.   

Oh totally agree with that. It's one thing to mix Weller Special Reserve in a Old Fashioned but to mix it with a coke would be a waste of good bourbon.

18 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

So what does most consider "high end"? $30, $50 $100

Good question. I agree with @DaKahuna Money can't equal high end. I consider Four Roses and Elijah Craig high end but there are very affordable. I've tasted $100 bottles and they tasted like crap.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There were definitely supply issues when we were on Adventure last October. The first day they barely had anything except for odd bottles of this and that. As the cruise went on and they had restocked to some extent, not every bar had the same bottles, so you had to shop around. And then they started to run out of them again.