Woman Straddling Balcony Railing

sunonfire

I don't think any of the Conquest class ships, including Glory, have sliding balcony doors. I seemed to remember complaining about the loud noise the slamming hinged doors made when being closed.

I also think there are too many balcony decks in the video for the Glory as well.

I would guess it's a newer ship, like the MG.

IF and I say 'IF' it's due to an angry argument caused by alcohol which fueled her actions with SO or family member then Carnival SHOULD ban her from cruising forever and if there's an cruise line inter-net listing (which there probably isn't, but should be) her name should be added. Because if there's a 'next' time this industry may not be so lucky. Of course all of this is just IMPO Heck, even IF CCL did all the above,she's hire some slimey' so and so to represent her and they'd threaten to sue and after all was said and done, all she'd just getting is a $50 fine, and they'd sell her another  'Cheers' package 😞

Mac  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

I don't think any of the Conquest class ships, including Glory, have sliding balcony doors. I seemed to remember complaining about the loud noise the slamming hinged doors made when being closed.

I also think there are too many balcony decks in the video for the Glory as well.

The balcony rooms on deck 11 of the Glory have sliding balcony doors:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, evandbob said:

Like icft said, the Conquest ships do have sliding balcony doors on the cabins in the front of Deck 11.  These used to be Oceanview cabins with slanted floor to ceiling windows.  They converted them and used the sliding glass doors.  I know this since I had booked one of the Oceanview cabins, and between the time I booked and the time of sailing the ship went into drydock and they were converted.  I got to keep the cabin and was not charged anything extra.  

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Bless the passenger next door trying to talk her off the railing!

Just like in life, we always here of the malcontents and grungy part of peoples’ behavior.  Mostly, there are good people in the world that try to help.  Just like this guest.

I hope whatever mental condition this lady is suffering from, she gets help.  This cruise is nothing but a blip that is a sign of her illness.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

And then there were those taking video hoping to catch it all...SMH.

Most of us on the Glory didn’t know what was happening at the time. Only that there was some sort of commotion and concern about something . It wasn’t until seeing video from the Dream that we realized what happened and how the people seeing that must have felt. We were actually waiting to cheer on the pier runners. 🏃‍♂️

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gin-soaked bar-room queen said:

Most of us on the Glory didn’t know what was happening at the time. Only that there was some sort of commotion and concern about something . It wasn’t until seeing video from the Dream that we realized what happened and how the people seeing that must have felt. We were actually waiting to cheer on the pier runners. 🏃‍♂️

Hope you didn't think my comment was directed at you.  It wasn't.  It was directed at all those people who stop to take video instead of stopping to take action, like the man in the neighboring room.  

PS...I love your handle!

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 2

We were on a Carnival cruise about 10 years ago when we heard the couple in the cabin next to us having a loud argument. The next thing we knew a woman was climbing around the partition between our balconies. She asked if she could exit through our cabin. She said her boyfriend was mad at her and wouldn't allow her to leave their cabin. I told her how dangerous what she did was. She said he wouldn't let her use the phone to call security so she had no choice. She said she was on her way to get security. Security came and asked us about what happened. Never saw either of them again after that day. I assume they were disembarked at the next port.

Wildest thing we've seen in 17 cruises.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

Solid police and accident investigation evidence. What is so wrong with this? 

Nothing!  If that's what it's used for, (and I think the ships themselves have plenty of CCTV to cover themselves)...posting on tictoc and youtube for likes and status points is something entirely different.  Just my opinion, of course.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 3

For those of you being nasty: Have a little compassion. Mentally healthy people don't attempt to jump over board because they get drunk and have a fight with their family members.  

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, icft said:

I don't understand why it makes any difference if such behavior is due to drink, drugs or mental illness. It is unacceptable behavior and those who do such things should be banned. 

I don't have a problem with Carnival deciding that someone is too much of a risk to have on board in light of the safety of other passengers and crew members--or their own safety.  However, we don't have to look down our noses at them.  A person who is struggling with their mental health or even suicidal is often in such a bad place that they are not sitting there thinking to themselves, "Is this behavior 'acceptable'?"  If they are manic, they likely aren't even aware of what they are doing.  If they are depressed and attempting suicide, they are in the darkest of dark places. Maybe even came on vacation to try to get out of the dark place and then that didn't go well.  Who knows?  The point is, there is no need to talk about them like they are trash.

1 in 5 adults are affected by mental illness...and there has been a 25 percent increase in depression and anxiety since Covid hit with women and youth being hit the worst.  If you don't know someone who has struggled with their mental health or even thought about or attempted suicide, count yourself extremely lucky. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5