Table for 2?

hmorrow

4 hours ago, hmorrow said:

Are we able to reserve a table for two, in Britannia, for dinner, on fixed seating for anytime dining?

I'm afraid your question is not too clear.  Fixed seating/dining  and  Anytime dining ( referred to as the new open dining)  are two separate dining concepts.

For fixed seating ( dedicated table & wait staff) You request a  Table for Two at the time of  your booking.

For Anytime dining ( open dining) You request 'your preference' for a Table for Two with the Maitre'D when entering the restaurant.  

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

That's not correct, there are plenty of tables for 2 in Britannia.

Agree there are plenty of tables for two in Britannia, but one understood the OP requirement was for a “Fixed” table for two in Britannia, fully reserved in Britannia “Anytime”. 

• Like 1

I think what is confusing people with the Ops question and are new with open anytime dining is booking a table. Some cruise lines, especially Princess, they allow you to reserve the same table at anytime to suit you which is not the same times as fixed dining and have the same table, waiters and same time for duration of cruise.

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I think what is confusing people with the Ops question and are new with open anytime dining is booking a table. Some cruise lines, especially Princess, they allow you to reserve the same table at anytime to suit you which is not the same times as fixed dining and have the same table, waiters and same time for duration of cruise.

It’s also confusing for some first timers on Cunard, migrating from Princess, with regard to their end of cruise drinks bill.  With claims “Thought Cunard was all inclusive like Princess” at GS.  Understandable.

31 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

It’s also confusing for some first timers on Cunard, migrating from Princess, with regard to their end of cruise drinks bill.  With claims “Thought Cunard was all inclusive like Princess” at GS.  Understandable.

Princess is only all inclusive if you pay extra for it.

8 minutes ago, Camgirl said:

Princess is only all inclusive if you pay extra for it.

Thank you for this information.  

Checked and it’s called Princess Plus (supplement), so maybe they legitimately considered the Cunard Fare differential contained the supplement for all inclusive.  Which may not hold true.
We are now in a totally different scenario, where there is no sympathy.

The direction, for clarity, is appreciated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Agree there are plenty of tables for two in Britannia, but one understood the OP requirement was for a “Fixed” table for two in Britannia, fully reserved in Britannia “Anytime”. 

Thanks- not neccesarily, "reserved", but available, and it looks like this is possible.

Thanks

The majority of tables in Britannia are now for two. You can either have fixed dining, with the same table for two, and the same waiters every night, but with the time fixed at either 8.15 or (I think it is) 5.45. Otherwise you can chose open dining. You will still, almost certainly, get a table for two, but it could be a different one each time, with different waiters. However, you can go in to dine when you are ready, rather than at fixed times. I'm not sure what the hours are because I am not a fan of the open dining.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Camgirl said:

The majority of tables in Britannia are now for two. You can either have fixed dining, with the same table for two, and the same waiters every night, but with the time fixed at either 8.15 or (I think it is) 5.45. Otherwise you can chose open dining. You will still, almost certainly, get a table for two, but it could be a different one each time, with different waiters. However, you can go in to dine when you are ready, rather than at fixed times. I'm not sure what the hours are because I am not a fan of the open dining.

And you forgot to mention , with this new 'Open Dining' ( in Britannia ) you may be asked to 'come back some time later', Oh,  They'll even offer you a pager 😱

Like you Camgirl, I'm certainly not a fan of open dining  ( unless in the Grills or Club Dining)

Can't understand the novelty of paying a Premium to sail Cunard and be expected walk around with a Pager. 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Bell Boy

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

And you forgot to mention , with this new 'Open Dining' ( in Britannia ) you may be asked to 'come back some time later', Oh,  They'll even offer you a pager 😱

Like you Camgirl, I'm certainly not a fan of open dining  ( unless in the Grills or Club Dining)

Can't understand the novelty of paying a Premium to sail Cunard and be expected walk around with a Pager. 🤦‍♂️ 

Because people who cruise in Britannia don't want eat at fixed times they want to eat when it suits them and has nothing to do with paying to cruise with Cunard. Cunard are possibly one of the last if not the last mass market cruise line not to offer freedom/anytime or open dining or whatever you may want to call it. Cruising is changing with the Dumbing down of dress code and new cruiser's wanting flexible dinner times.

• Like 3

As shared before, always got the time slot, location and table we have requested in the past during booking and followup calls with Cunard..

Just like we have always had a wonderful and delightful Meet & Greets on our past sailings.

7 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Because people who cruise in Britannia don't want eat at fixed times they want to eat when it suits them 

Not exactly sure why you say that. I travel in Britannia and prefer to have fixed time seating just to be sure to have the same table and waiter.  We also request a table for 2 when we book.  I have heard, but cannot confirm, that the earlier you request a table size the more likely you are to get the size you want.

On some other cruise lines where they have open seating, I reserve a specific time months in advance to avoid walking up and possibly being handed a beeper.

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Not exactly sure why you say that. I travel in Britannia and prefer to have fixed time seating just to be sure to have the same table and waiter.  We also request a table for 2 when we book.  I have heard, but cannot confirm, that the earlier you request a table size the more likely you are to get the size you want.

On some other cruise lines where they have open seating, I reserve a specific time months in advance to avoid walking up and possibly being handed a beeper.

Majority of cruiser's feel that way and on other cruise lines flexible dining is now far more popular than fixed dining especially with new cruiser's. With reference to Cunard fist sitting at 5-45pm is far too early and 8/8-30 too late. Like I said before Cunard are one of the last to offer flexible dining and they are doing it because it is what is wanted by many cruiser's and Cunard have to move with the times.