Man Overboard on Carnival Valor found alive

BlerkOne

3 hours ago, carohs said:

Makes no sense. He stripped out of everything except for his socks? Was this before or after he went overboard? 

It's hard enough for me to remove a pair of jeans or shorts on land and sober without taking off my socks ... 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, CarolSW said:

This interview with the man who miraculously survived last week’s fall off the Valor does not remember falling off, but claims he was not drunk.  I know it’s possible perhaps, but this does not convince me it really happened as reported.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11495013/Passenger-28-reveals-PASSED-treading-water-20-HOURS.html

“I  had taken off my socks and everything waving them around my head trying to do something where they would see me and when that light finally hit me, I heard it, we got him and seen a guy coming down from the helicopter and it was coming towards me and right there I thought, man, I see the light.

‘Well, the first thing I actually told him, I don't have any clothes on because I didn't. I stripped out of everything.

‘He said that's fine. I was like, okay, he told me to hold on to this life vest and I was just thinking, thank you, you are like a guardian angel.”

I just don’t know about this.  Had taken off his socks to wave them around his head to get the rescuers to see him?  He still had his socks on after 20 hours in the water?  

I want to believe in this miracle, but it’s a stretch for me.

Just read the article...maybe he wasn't drunk. Maybe he was high.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rodndonna said:

It's hard enough for me to remove a pair of jeans or shorts on land and sober without taking off my socks ... 🤔

Maybe he wasn't wearing skinny jeans. I can attest to the difficulty of removing socks while trying to tread water. And I was sober. 🙂

5 hours ago, Dixe Lee said:

Jackie Heinrich on Fox News just reported on this story and declared that this is just another reason not to go on a cruise😕 give me a break. She makes it sound as if there are people falling overboard all over the place! 

Do you think she just meant Carnival😁

10 hours ago, maryann2 said:

Yes, I was on that ship too. They had just announced that we had passed the point of no return on the sailing. He jumped and was thrown the life ring buoy.

It took a while for the ship to stop and turn back but he was easily found with the tracker on the life buoy.

Hi Mary. Did you change your profile name? I'm thinking we were at the same table for dinner.

12 hours ago, asalligo said:

Wow, I was hoping for more information, but none of this story adds up. He remembers everything except how he fell off the ship! He thinks he was unconscious in the water long enough for the ship to get out of sight, but somehow did not drown while unconscious. Naked except for socks when found. Sounds like he was doing something so stupid that he just does not want to tell us about it. 

Story has more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Just read the article...maybe he wasn't drunk. Maybe he was high.

Or maybe he met a woman who told him to get naked except leave his socks on! And what transpired after that I will leave to everyone's imagination!

Lyrics from the Marshall Tucker Band

Oh can't you see

Oh can't you see

What that WO-MAN did to me

16 hours ago, Dixe Lee said:

Jackie Heinrich on Fox News just reported on this story and declared that this is just another reason not to go on a cruise😕 give me a break. She makes it sound as if there are people falling overboard all over the place! 

Why so 😕? Jackie bad mouthing the cruise lines is a good thing. You should be 🥳 🥂

She might cause demand to decline and as we all know less demand with the same supply = lower cruise fares!

Go Jackie Go!! 📣

Edited by DirtyDawg

19 hours ago, ontheweb said:

He had no clothing except his socks which he saved to wave in case he saw the light from a possibe rescuer?????? Does that sound plausible to anyone?

This just confirms what I heard earlier. 

On 11/29/2022 at 9:22 AM, DirtyDawg said:

I heard from a reliable source that what actually happened was Scotty beamed the guy off the ship and he helped Captain Kirk and Spock return the Enterprise to it's proper time period. They just beamed him into the Gulf so he had a cover story for those missing hours. 😉

After he helped fix the Enterprise's time warp problem he and Captain Kirk had a little party with a couple of green Orion slave girls.

C'mon people, as Sherlock Holmes always said; "when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."   -   Case closed! 😁

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Why so 😕? Jackie bad mouthing the cruise lines is a good thing. You should be 🥳 🥂

She might cause demand to decline and as we all know less demand with the same supply = lower cruise fares!

Go Jackie Go!! 📣

Ok you got me there DirtyDawg ☺️ I hadn’t looked at it like that. I will give a shout out to Jackie if that happens 😉.

• Thanks 1

I sure hope Carnival doesn’t get forced to pay some kind of legal settlement to this fool. I’m sorry but you don’t just wake up in the middle of the ocean. This guy had to work by climbing over railings to fall off the ship. Whether he remembers it or not , he did it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Or maybe he met a woman who told him to get naked except leave his socks on! And what transpired after that I will leave to everyone's imagination!

Lyrics from the Marshall Tucker Band

Oh can't you see

Oh can't you see

What that WO-MAN did to me

This story I could believe.

• Like 1

Oh! What the heck! Since this is a speculation thread I'll go ahead and throw out my pure speculation.

1. I think he fell from deck 3. He did not suffer major injuries from the fall and that would be consistent with deck 3 which is the lowest open deck,

2. he was leaning against the railing with something in his hands that fell overboard from his hands and he lunged to grab it, but lunged a bit too far so his center of gravity as over the rail,

3. he either remembers what happened and is following the example of politicians and government officials when they don't want to admit something by saying the impossible to disprove "I don't remember," or was too drunk or high to remember.

4. I think it is all and example of stuff happens.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Was he eight feet tall?  😉

The deck 3 railing on the Valor is four foot tall, possibly a bit less. I've leaned on it but not measured it. But with a good lunge and one hand pulling on the railing I could go over. It is plenty high to prevent accidental falls though.