#notmydream #notmydome

startedwithamouse

Oh my goodness!  I've missed these on the last couple of cruises because we dined elsewhere when they were on the menu but I would be very disappointed if those appeared.  Wondering if there is a chocolate shortage on the ships?

Those don’t look inviting at all and they used to be great.

It’s hard having Norman Love here in town and seeing the actual amazing desserts they have and then trying them on the ships as they just aren’t the same thing.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Love Boat Dream and Pistachio Dome are now sad versions of their former selves. The taste was low buffet quality.

#notmydream

#notmydome

20221125_082317.jpg

20221124_123934.jpg

Yes, I was disappointed with the Pistachio Dome on the Discovery.

1 hour ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Those don’t look inviting at all and they used to be great.

It’s hard having Norman Love here in town and seeing the actual amazing desserts they have and then trying them on the ships as they just aren’t the same thing.  

And now the onboard versions are even worse. 😟

Since the restart have noticed Norman Love’s name missing from Chocolate Journey. On our Discovery cruises last Spring they were the same great Norman Love desserts. Apparently now that he is no longer associated with Princess their Chocolate Journey’s are quickly going downhill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Since the restart have noticed Norman Love’s name missing from Chocolate Journey. On our Discovery cruises last Spring they were the same great Norman Love desserts. Apparently now that he is no longer associated with Princess their Chocolate Journey’s are quickly going downhill.

More like off the cliff. Same with International Cafe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

We did a couple Discovery cruises in the spring too, then Alaska, and it was the same quality Princess offered.  Now it's shocking. But not surprising. We can still boo hoo.  

• Like 1

It's not just desserts.  Princess food quality is on par with Golden Corral at best. Extensive use of steamers and cooked by armies of unqualified line cooks that only know "steam for 2 min then serve".

Semolina passed off as grits.  Grilled scallops pale, rubbery with no grill marks.  Cherry Cobbler with no cherries. Puff pastry with no filling passed off as yorkshire pudding. I could go on sadly.  This is dining room food as well as buffet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are just off the Emerald Princess and the Love Boat Dream and the Pistachio Dome were the same as they have always been. These pictures look like they have been given a new “interpretation” by the individual ship executive chef. Consistently would be nice.

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Love Boat Dream and Pistachio Dome are now sad versions of their former selves. The taste was low buffet quality.

#notmydream

#notmydome

20221125_082317.jpg

20221124_123934.jpg

Oh wow we had a pistachio dome last week and it didn’t look like that 

• Like 1

I had both these last week on my cruise and the dream looked close to that but much prettier and the pistachio dome looked nothing like that.  They were both as good as always.  I ordered the dream quite a few times on my trip and they were all great.