B2B2B Question

carolyn22

We did a B2B2B in the same SS.   We had different butlers and cabin attendants for each cruise.  

We were told that they are moved around to give each a turn in a different area.   Contrary to belief the best don’t serve the higher end suites.   It depends on what area they are assigned to. 

The reason they get moved is because of the location on the ship.   Those closer to the elevators are easier than those further away.   The size of the cabin also affects the work load.    It is more work to do a Royal and Penhouse suite than regular veranda.

The  same with a Butler.   In some areas they may have 10 cabins and another a few more.

They may also change because their contract is up

It is best to tip extra before the last night as you may not see them. 

On one cruise we were planning on giving a gratuity to the BT in the Retreat Lounge on the last night.  We went there and the BT wasn’t there.    They were in medical.   The next morning we gave the envelope to the Retreat Host and requested to forward it to the BT. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We rarely do anything less than B2B.  Sometimes we do the online check-in process for the second third leg but probably more frequently we don't.  While at the B2B meeting it may be announced that if you didn't do the online check-in then you need to go to Guest Relations to register a credit card number you may find that the GR staff just look at you with a blank stare.

Even when we are in the same stateroom we also provide extra tips at the end of each leg.  We also have had stateroom attendants or butlers moved from one section to another.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

If you are in the same cabin,  do you tip individually or just at the end assuming you have the cabin attendants?

After each segment as you may not have the same steward each time. The same applies to any crew member that you choose to reward as any of them could be on the last voyage of their contracts.

The ship works the same way i.e. every cruise is totally self contained with nothing crossing from one to the next - particularly important if you have OBC use it or loose it.

About the only rule this doesn't apply to is the Elite laundry benefit you can put your laundry almost up to the last day.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

If you are in the same cabin,  do you tip individually or just at the end assuming you have the cabin attendants?

Yes.   Each cruise is a separate cruise.    I have also had cabin attendents moved to a different area or gone home between cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never check in for anything more than the first cruise.  And their telling you to go to Guest Relations to re-register your credit card is a joke.  I've done this twice now, being a good person and following directions.  Guest Relations person just looks at me like I'm crazy and says they have my card on file.  Never again.

8 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

We have always tipped after each b2b2b segment. Cabin attendant and MDR servers and bartenders and restroom attendants… Crew changeovers happen, crew get rotated among locations, and you can’t be sure you will have the same people on each leg.

• Like 2

Never checked in for subsequent cruises in a B2B or B2B2B sequence but I always stop at Guest Relations to make sure that everything is in order on the account.  Sometimes I need to take a new imprint of the credit card, sometimes they don’t. Sometimes They even need a new photo.  No big deal.

Excellent answers from all about B2B.  My wife and I will be doing our first B2B (Silhouette 12/5/22 to 12/15/22 then 12/15/22 to 12/19/22).  Does anyone know if B2B guests have to get of the ship then get back on before new passengers arrive?  Also, is it true that on turnaround day B2B guests are served lunch in the main dining room?  Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Wolf 8 said:

Excellent answers from all about B2B.  My wife and I will be doing our first B2B (Silhouette 12/5/22 to 12/15/22 then 12/15/22 to 12/19/22).  Does anyone know if B2B guests have to get of the ship then get back on before new passengers arrive?  Also, is it true that on turnaround day B2B guests are served lunch in the main dining room?  Thanks!

The ship has to have a "zero count" before new passengers can board. How this is achieved varies by port. Sometimes you have to physically get off walk round and reboard. At others, for example Southampton, you walk round from Craft Social to the Ice Bar, hand in your room card, walk back to Craft Social and collect your new card. No need to stress it will all be explained on the ship - just turn up at the place and time stated and all will be well. Not turning up on time can impact the entire boarding process. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Never checked in for subsequent cruises in a B2B or B2B2B sequence but I always stop at Guest Relations to make sure that everything is in order on the account.  Sometimes I need to take a new imprint of the credit card, sometimes they don’t. Sometimes They even need a new photo.  No big deal.

I don't see how that is possible. Your room card expires at the end of each cruise so you must have collected a new one i.e. you "checked out and checked in again". Also your account must have been settled each time as each cruise is a totally independent cost center with no carry overs.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Wolf 8 said:

Those doing a b2b do get lunch in the MDR.

8 hours ago, Wolf 8 said:

Your succinct letter abut the turnaround day process will tell you where to be and when to be there.  Sometimes B2B passengers have had to go into the cruise terminal to complete the process, but more recently folks step off onto an outer deck to "ring-y dingy out" and then back on with their new sea pass cards.  And on the Solstice in September the entire process was done in the Sky Lounge.

14 hours ago, the penguins said:

I don't see how that is possible. Your room card expires at the end of each cruise so you must have collected a new one i.e. you "checked out and checked in again". Also your account must have been settled each time as each cruise is a totally independent cost center with no carry overs.

On BacktoBacks i don’t check in to subsequent cruises on the app, don’t pick an arrival time and don’t fill out the health questionnaire.  All of those things are moot once you are on the first cruise

9 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

On BacktoBacks i don’t check in to subsequent cruises on the app, don’t pick an arrival time and don’t fill out the health questionnaire.  All of those things are moot once you are on the first cruise

Agreed you don't have to do any of the above as you are already on the ship. However the impression you gave was that you don't have to do anything between 1 cruise and the next but that is simply not true and misleading for anyone who has not done a B2B. 

On 11/29/2022 at 5:38 PM, the penguins said:

All of that is true.  All I can tell you is that when I have gone to Guest Relations to register my credit card on the second leg, they tell me they already have it.  They're not stupid.  They know you are booked on a B2B.

5 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

All of that is true.  All I can tell you is that when I have gone to Guest Relations to register my credit card on the second leg, they tell me they already have it.  They're not stupid.  They know you are booked on a B2B.

I agree with Linda.  One time at a B2B meeting we were adamantly told we had to report to Guest Relations to confirm what credit card we were using for the next leg.  My husband was met with a blank stare and was told they had the credit card number.

• Like 1