Today 11/28 I received a Princess Black Friday sales flyer in the mail

ontheweb

10 hours ago, Doug R. said:

What point are you trying to make?

Do you realize how little time there is between 11/28 and 11/30? Do you think about where and when you are going to cruise, or do you make quick decisions on inpulses?

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Do you realize how little time there is between 11/28 and 11/30? Do you think about where and when you are going to cruise, or do you make quick decisions on inpulses?

Well, lots of people on here booked on the ONE day $1.00 deposit day November 28 th.

Short notices - snail mail or email happen all the time.

Often there is notice of upcoming promotions on their website.

Recycle when you can.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Not different from any other "Black Friday" type sale.

• Like 2

Look on the ad.  Is there a suggested delivery timeline?  Chances are, this is a post office issue and not a Princess issue. No company goes to the expense of printing and mailing advertising only to have it purposefully delivered late. We can thank the former guy for appointing the wonderfully inept Mike DeJoy and the current guy for not getting rid of him. We have convicts delivering our mail here. 

It took me years, but I have stopped almost all advertising snail mail (and a lot of other snail mail, too). I realized, when I came home after four months of cruising, just how much junk was in our mail. If you think Black Friday ads are annoying the week after Thanksgiving, imagine election flyers in March.  Somehow, I still knew about every single cruise special happening on Black Friday and Cyber Monday from the slew of advertising in my email inbox. 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Look on the ad.  Is there a suggested delivery timeline?  Chances are, this is a post office issue and not a Princess issue. No company goes to the expense of printing and mailing advertising only to have it purposefully delivered late. We can thank the former guy for appointing the wonderfully inept Mike DeJoy and the current guy for not getting rid of him. We have convicts delivering our mail here. 

It took me years, but I have stopped almost all advertising snail mail (and a lot of other snail mail, too). I realized, when I came home after four months of cruising, just how much junk was in our mail. If you think Black Friday ads are annoying the week after Thanksgiving, imagine election flyers in March.  Somehow, I still knew about every single cruise special happening on Black Friday and Cyber Monday from the slew of advertising in my email inbox. 

I'm sure they didn't purposefully have it delivered late. But, they SHOULD know how inept the USPS has been, and had it sent out sooner to compensate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

OP here, and I just looked in my recycle bin and foung the card. There is NOT a suggested delivery date on it. That makes it harder to blame the Post Office.

I know my DW gets ads with % off coupons from Jo-Ann Fabrics that have suggested delivery dates, and they either come on those dates or sometimes a day or so earlier. Not defending the post office, but Princess is to blame on this one. Blaming the Post Office is scapegoating.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

OP here, and I just looked in my recycle bin and foung the card. There is NOT a suggested delivery date on it. That makes it harder to blame the Post Office.

I know my DW gets ads with % off coupons from Jo-Ann Fabrics that have suggested delivery dates, and they either come on those dates or sometimes a day or so earlier. Not defending the post office, but Princess is to blame on this one. Blaming the Post Office is scapegoating.

If there are no suggested delivery dates, then, you’re absolutely right, it’s impossible to say that the PO is at fault. And it does come down to being Princess’s issue.  But those are not likely mailed from the Princess mail room but from a printer. Either way, they’ve missed an opportunity and squandered some of their advertising budget, and, as is so often mentioned here, they are struggling and can’t afford mistakes like this. 

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

If there are no suggested delivery dates, then, you’re absolutely right, it’s impossible to say that the PO is at fault. And it does come down to being Princess’s issue.  But those are not likely mailed from the Princess mail room but from a printer. Either way, they’ve missed an opportunity and squandered some of their advertising budget, and, as is so often mentioned here, they are struggling and can’t afford mistakes like this. 

Since this exchange, I received an e-mail from Princess extending the Black Friday Sale. So, I guess they realized that they did not give people much time.

The interesting thing about the e-mail is it does not say when it ends, only that it will end because "good things do not last forever".

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Since this exchange, I received an e-mail from Princess extending the Black Friday Sale. So, I guess they realized that they did not give people much time.

The interesting thing about the e-mail is it does not say when it ends, only that it will end because "good things do not last forever".

They probably have a target of bookings they want to make under this sale.  

21 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I'm sure they didn't purposefully have it delivered late. But, they SHOULD know how inept the USPS has been, and had it sent out sooner to compensate.

USPS doesn't pay any attention to dates on 3rd class mail. I've sent bulk mail out & it sometimes takes days, other times weeks. Luck of the draw