Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

40 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

A little hack I do after booking is create a short cut to the room availability  screen for my cruise.    I just start a mock booking and get to the screen where it shows all the cabin class availability and book mark that page.    I can then check it daily very quickly for price drops or to see if a class opens up

Here's and example:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=SL08X007&sDT=2022-12-11&sCD=SL&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1 

I do this, too! It has saved me $$$ in the past. Just a few days ago I found a $900 price drop on our next cruise (with RCCL)!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asnaleah said:

Hi Jim, do I need a mini router to use the Amazon fire stick?

What ship are you cruising?

Jim was so helpful when I was on the Silhouette, when I was trying to get my fire stick to log into the internet.  I just could not get the browser to engage.  I was googling like crazy, but was not successful.  I did not have a PC or a mini router.  I only had my IPad and IPhone to work with.  

Good luck.  You are certainly asking the right person.  He is always successful and so generous with his knowledge and time.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

What ship are you cruising?

Jim was so helpful when I was on the Silhouette, when I was trying to get my fire stick to log into the internet.  I just could not get the browser to engage.  I was googling like crazy, but was not successful.  I did not have a PC or a mini router.  I only had my IPad and IPhone to work with.  

Good luck.  You are certainly asking the right person.  He is always successful and so generous with his knowledge and time.

I've used in on Silhouette and Summit so far.  Prior to that I only used Roku. 

This cruise we are on Equinox (not revolutionized).  

I'll try to shoot a movie of my setup.    I added one thing to my arsenal this time.   A couple   90 Degree HDMI extenders.   In many of the suites the TV is set into a frame with only inches to get to the HDMI ports.   I'm hoping it will make it easier.

image.thumb.png.81dd511d4eb1046fa0d0fd48b7e15067.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Actually, you are on Solstice.  😉

Duhhh..   Your are of course correct.    Where is my head this morning.  I need to pack you in my suite case to keep me organized.

• Haha 9

Last of the bags packed and working on my backpack with the important stuff -  Passports and Electronics.   I'm coping some of my movies and shows from our Plex Media Server to my portable Plex Media Server on my PC.   Sometimes it's just fun to watch something while in bed.

Just checkin with Alaska and downloaded a hard copy of boarding pass.  I usually have hard copies just in case.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

When I first retired I found I was packing on  pounds just sitting around doing nothing, so I bought a Fitbit.    Initially I set up the reminder to get up an walk 100 steps an hour.    Shortly, I was   taking my first 1 mile walk and was amazed how easy it was.

That was what happened to me after retirement...gained 35 pounds in no time! Got my Fitbit and like you started out at a mile and worked up to 3 fairly quickly. 3 months later I was back to my original pre-retirement weight. And kept on going!!  

Have my fitbit set to remind me to walk 250 steps every hour. (Outside of my regular walking routine...)

10k steps a day is my goal.

Back to your topic: you must be biting at the bit right now! I am especially interested in what you have to say about this itinerary as I have been looking at it a lot...

Safe travels to you and Iain!!

A little hack I do after booking is create a short cut to the room availability  screen for my cruise.    I just start a mock booking and get to the screen where it shows all the cabin class availability and book mark that page.    I can then check it daily very quickly for price drops or to see if a class opens up

Here's and example:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=SL08X007&sDT=2022-12-11&sCD=SL&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1 

I've followed your tip Jim. Thank you. Makes it so much easier. I scored a significant price drop s few weeks back on our January cruise. The lovely X agent asked if I'd like him to price match for me. As if I wouldn't 🤣

• Like 2

On 12/1/2022 at 11:03 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I'll post a You Tube on it.   Basically you plug it in -  they have a pup up to go to a webpage to facilitate log onto Celebrity.

To select Source -    I have a blog post below with pictures

https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/4883390713075263858/8751576541081482974

I'd love to see this blog, but the link, weirdly, takes me to a page to start my own blog.  I'm next on the Solstice, so would love to know how to do this on that ship.  Have a great cruise!

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Same for us on Silhouette, Millennium and Summit.  On the New England cruise the Chief had sourced Canadian Lobster and was one of the offering.    It's nice to have the lunch to meet others  now that many of the Zenith's that don't travel in Retreat no longer have access to Retreat lounge.

Jim, I meant Zenith ceremonies, where new Zeniths are recognized.  I've never attended a Zenith lunch as I am not yet a Zenith member.

3 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

In case you missed it, there’s a new Louise Penny out…A World of Curiosities…a new Gamache novel. 
Cathy

And the new Three Pines Amazon Prime miniseries just dropped last night.  Assume with all your technical ability, you can get it on board.  First two episodes are up.  Next two next week.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Last of the bags packed and working on my backpack with the important stuff -  Passports and Electronics.   I'm coping some of my movies and shows from our Plex Media Server to my portable Plex Media Server on my PC.   Sometimes it's just fun to watch something while in bed.

Just checkin with Alaska and downloaded a hard copy of boarding pass.  I usually have hard copies just in case.

I always have a hard copy backup of my boarding pass.  Once upon a time, my phone absolutely refused to display my boarding pass at the gate.  Luckily I had used curbside check and they had given me a hard copy.  Now I never go to the gate without one.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I don't think I will ever do that again.     I now put a stick on the front door with a reminder.  

This is how the conversation goes at our place:

Do you have everything?

Yes I do 

Do you have the passports?

Yep

In the car:

Yep

Are you sure?

Yes

Andrew pulls over to the side of the road so I can pull them out to show him that yes we have them.

Every.Single.Trip.

But also better than getting to the airport without them lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Jim, I meant Zenith ceremonies, where new Zeniths are recognized.  I've never attended a Zenith lunch as I am not yet a Zenith member.

Just saw one posted on FB. On the Apex it was held on the bridge. 

1 hour ago, amcco said:

Do you have everything?

Yes I do 

Yep

In the car:

Yep

Are you sure?

Yes

Andrew pulls over to the side of the road so I can pull them out to show him that yes we have them.

Every.Single.Trip.

I once forgot my passport for a Caribbean cruise.  We were leaving 2 weeks before to go to New York and Vermont, and DH was with me, but going home.  I was on the cruise with my sister.  I didn't think about it when I packed.  

So on the Sunday night before we were to leave (leaving on Thursday), my siter and I were watching an old episode of the Amazing Race, and I realized I didn't have it. 

I did two things.  First I had DH overnight it to me, and second, I called X to make sure my Passport Card, which I keep in my wallet would work.

Now we pretty much do what you do.

• Like 1

Duhhh..   Your are of course correct.    Where is my head this morning.  I need to pack you in my suite case to keep me organized.

Packing does that to you Jim and the more you pack, the worse it gets!😀

So there's a new Louise Penny out?  Our local charity book sale started today (60,000 books, old/new, hard cover/pocketbook $3 each) and I'm not there as I have viral pneumonia.  So glad we don't have a cruise booked till May.

4 hours ago, dlh015 said:

That was what happened to me after retirement...gained 35 pounds in no time! Got my Fitbit and like you started out at a mile and worked up to 3 fairly quickly. 3 months later I was back to my original pre-retirement weight. And kept on going!!  

Have my fitbit set to remind me to walk 250 steps every hour. (Outside of my regular walking routine...)

10k steps a day is my goal.

Back to your topic: you must be biting at the bit right now! I am especially interested in what you have to say about this itinerary as I have been looking at it a lot...

Safe travels to you and Iain!!

I'm definitely in Cruise Mode.     I had to hold an Executive Session of our HOA Board  on my walk to day.   Luckily the timing coincided with a little park near the entrance to the Steven's Creek Trail.    One of our Board members was calling in from Cabo and was showing pictures of the beach and warm weather.  Can't wait.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Redking said:

I've followed your tip Jim. Thank you. Makes it so much easier. I scored a significant price drop s few weeks back on our January cruise. The lovely X agent asked if I'd like him to price match for me. As if I wouldn't 🤣

And you didn't say -- Is the Pope Catholic   or Does a Bear ... you know where I"m going.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Travelicious said:

I'd love to see this blog, but the link, weirdly, takes me to a page to start my own blog.  I'm next on the Solstice, so would love to know how to do this on that ship.  Have a great cruise!

LOL -- I sent you to the area where I blog.    Here's the link to the Public Post

https://cruzinjim.blogspot.com/2022/03/tv-setup-for-roku.html

Sorry.  

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Ahh...  The initiation is always a festive event usually on the Bridge. 

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

And the new Three Pines Amazon Prime miniseries just dropped last night.  Assume with all your technical ability, you can get it on board.  First two episodes are up.  Next two next week.

I know I can stream Amazon Prime -   thanks.    I've been watching The Good Fight on CBS recently.   This season is the weirdest so far.

I good hooked starting with the Good Wife -  The Good Fight that is on TV just isn't the same as the unedited on on CBS+

2 hours ago, amcco said:

Do you have everything?

Yes I do 

Yep

In the car:

Yep

Are you sure?

Yes

Every.Single.Trip.

I need that system for sure except usually every thing is usually calm until I push the button to summon Uber.     Especially when the car arrives in less than I minute I am left scrambling.    

• Haha 2