Princess raising prices of plus and premier packages

justafem

2 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Ugh! I was hoping to purchase internet for a 20 day cruise before the price change which I need the App to do.

If you call Princess now you can pay the old rate, but you will need to pay the full price now and get your 50% discount back as refundable OBC when you take the cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

I just got off the phone, someone from Princess went into my personalizer and made an update and misspelled my last name which caused a second account to be created. The misspelling was fixed and the new account will be deleted. 

The web personalizer is back to normal but the App is still wrong. I leave Friday so I’m not messing with it until after that. 

I just used the chat function, explained the problem and they were able to fix it online.

1 minute ago, Jadn13 said:

Nice!
 I tried that first but they couldn’t help. 

The person I got used name Princes (1 s). you might try again and let them know that they fixed the same problem for me.

25 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Nice!
 I tried that first but they couldn’t help. 

22 minutes ago, ldtr said:

The person I got used name Princes (1 s). you might try again and let them know that they fixed the same problem for me.

Try again. Even if you do not get the rep that helped Idtr, you may get a rep (different than the one you had earlier) who knows how to correct your problem.

• Like 1

I spent an hour on the phone this morning trying to get mine fixed.  First Medallion person I talked to had no clue about why I cared.  I explained that I had called 10 days ago and they created a ticket and nothing changed.  I finally ended that call and then called the regular Princess line and waited on hold forever.  I told her what I wanted and she checked with Guest Services to see if they could help but they said I needed to talk to the Medallion Folks. She gave me a direct number but transferred me.  I think I was talking to the same person that I talked to 10 days ago in the Philippines.  She told me no worries, that I was Platinum but the app showed blue but that it was ok.  I told her that a ticket was submitted 10 days ago and after checking some more stuff she said she was submitting a ticket and it would be fixed in 3-5 days.  I asked her about the other ticket and she said she was attaching her info onto the original ticket.  I then hung up and did on-line chat for 40 minutes.  At the end of the chat I was told there was glitch in the system and to keep checking and I could chat with them again tomorrow.  Really???

When I am logged into my cruise planner and try to go to the web part of the Medallion, it says my booking is already taken.  I can't get to the web portion if I am logged into my Princess account, but can log into the web portion if I am not first logged into my Princess account.  I give up.  I doubt they will fix anything for me.

I'm wondering how pricing for extra perks will be determined for any last-minute cruises booked after December 14 for sailings beginning before February 20/23. Should I assume that the current Plus package will still be available at the current price because the new $60 per day package will not yet be available on those sailings? Or is it likely that there will no longer be a Plus package pricing option and extras (beverages, internet, crew appreciation) will be only be available through individual purchase/pricing? Can anyone help clarify how this might work? Thanks.

8 hours ago, Landmarkers said:

I'm wondering how pricing for extra perks will be determined for any last-minute cruises booked after December 14 for sailings beginning before February 20/23. Should I assume that the current Plus package will still be available at the current price because the new $60 per day package will not yet be available on those sailings? Or is it likely that there will no longer be a Plus package pricing option and extras (beverages, internet, crew appreciation) will be only be available through individual purchase/pricing? Can anyone help clarify how this might work? Thanks.

I'd think the prices would go up to the new $60 and $80 without the new benefits after Dec 14.  But most likely won't include the desserts and classes.  

I really wish other cruise lines would have this kind of package.  

On 12/1/2022 at 1:01 PM, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

I am hoping that our medallions are shipped, and they arrive well before the cruise.  I remember a thread a couple weeks ago about problems with shipping the medallions.  At first I thought maybe they were going to not ship some of them.  But it seems to be an error in the tracking system in the App.   What a peek into the future!  Anyhow, we booked and cruise before the new stuff  kicks in.  We do have the confirmation that we ordered medallions with zero charge.  I want to be ready to just walk on the ship!

They are taking away the "Excitement Factor" that we used to have when we went to the mailbox and found the boarding pass and cruise documents and now, unless you pay the $10 for shipping, the mailbox will be completely bare and you'll be picking up the medallions at the ship.

Seems to me that Princess is already paying to have the medallions shipped to the ship anyway, why not ship them to the customer instead?

33 minutes ago, Grego said:

Seems to me that Princess is already paying to have the medallions shipped to the ship anyway, why not ship them to the customer instead?

Because they're making more of a profit by charging $10 per shipment then what they're probably paying now. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 6:20 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

These packages are a cash cow for the cruise lines.  Not surprised they are raising the prices regularly.

Price rises might also have something to do with the 10's of billions the cruise lines took on in debt to stay afloat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grego said:

They are taking away the "Excitement Factor" that we used to have when we went to the mailbox and found the boarding pass and cruise documents and now, unless you pay the $10 for shipping, the mailbox will be completely bare and you'll be picking up the medallions at the ship.

much less shipping and handling with shipping 1 large shipment of medallions to the port, compared to individual shipments to each address.

Just now, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Price rises might also have something to do with the 10's of billions the cruise lines took on in debt to stay afloat.

Keep in mind that the price increases are pretty minimal and in most cases still less than their competition. I expect more a matter of competitive pricing for the packages, coupled with inflation for the crew gratuity.

I am not sure what PCL's longest single voyage is these days (other than World Cruise), but the parts of the fare packages where you get one or two of something during the voyage seems patently unfair to a guest who books a long voyage versus someone booking 5-7 nights.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am not sure what PCL's longest single voyage is these days (other than World Cruise), but the parts of the fare packages where you get one or two of something during the voyage seems patently unfair to a guest who books a long voyage versus someone booking 5-7 nights.

1-6 - 1 SD

7-9 - 2 SD

10-14 - 3 SD - now comes the ,BUT, what if I book b2b 7, blah, blah, blah

but, yeah

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Our next Princess cruises are 32 and 53 days. When they first came out with the Premier package and the two specialty dinners per cruise I just laughed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chamima said:

Our next Princess cruises are 32 and 53 days. When they first came out with the Premier package and the two specialty dinners per cruise I just laughed.

Are those physical (actual)  voyage lengths, or are they logical (can be booked as series of shorter voyages)?

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Are those physical (actual)  voyage lengths, or are they logical (can be booked as series of shorter voyages)?

The first is LA-Tahiti_LA , the second is a leg of the World cruise so I'm not sure how Princess looks at it.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

We have a 28 night Round Australia next April and a 32 night South Pacific and Hawaiian Islands in April 2024 so I agree with you!

The Round Australia could have been booked as B2B (14 nights IIRC each).  The South Pacific is a single cruise.

Edited by capriccio

19 hours ago, justafem said:

I'd think the prices would go up to the new $60 and $80 without the new benefits after Dec 14.  But most likely won't include the desserts and classes.  

I really wish other cruise lines would have this kind of package.  

But only for cruises in February when the new benefits start.  That is how I read the announcement,

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone done the math to determine how many glasses of wine you need to drink to save money by buying the drink package for an entire cruise?  It seems that on many days, unless you stay on the ship and take no tours, you cannot drink enough to save money.  Am I insane and getting old?

• Like 1