Move-Up question

Koohiichan

I’ve bid on 2 move-ups, one for an SV that shows a status of “Modify or Cancel.” The other is for a Deluxe Porthole Veranda that shows a status of “Pending.” I’m wondering why the status difference. Any insight or experience you can share?

Thanks,

Koohiichan

When I've had successful move up bids the pending bids are accepted but the other bids say expired and don't have the option to modify or cancel. Did you click on Modify/Cancel to see if you can change those bids? If you can't change the bids, then you're pending bid will likely be accepted. Saying that, I have bids for a January cruise which chose one pending and the other bids show expired. No confirmation of an upgrade though.

I see. Hmm. I successfully changed the SV bid,, but no change in status on either. I’m wondering if  “pending” means I’m currently the  high bid and “change or cancel” means I’m definitely not the highest bidder.

I believe it is likely just the way they have the page designed. Is it the one at the top of the page that has "Modify or Cancel Offer?" If so, look at the top of the box and you'll see it states the status of the offer. At least it does on mine:

image.png.d2695ee049d2521965995b994d5c1422.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koohiichan said:

I’ve bid on 2 move-ups, one for an SV that shows a status of “Modify or Cancel.” The other is for a Deluxe Porthole Veranda that shows a status of “Pending.” I’m wondering why the status difference. Any insight or experience you can share?

Thanks,

Koohiichan

Status isn't Modify or Cancel  those are the options you have.    The pending is that the offer is active.   If however one of the two (by clicking original link from confirmation) shows pending and the other expired then you usually have won the upgrade of the one that says pending.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

Jim_Lain,

They is exactly how it is showing. Only one of the two says pending and there is no way to modify or cancel. My cruise isn’t until mid-January so I am surprised it would be accepted so quickly.

Anyhow, I will update when or if I get the upgrade.

Thanks for the input,

Koohiichan

• Thanks 1

I just had a strange experience with a MoveUp bid. My Bid was accepted and my Credit Card was billed But for an amount More than I bid!

Celebrity sent me an Email with the correct dollar figure in it so I made a call to Celebrity Engagement (844-418-6824) and they connected me to the Groups Department that apparently does the billing for MoveUp and they admitted the mistake but said it could take a few days to a week to get me a refund for the overcharge.

During our conversation the person I was talking to made 2 more math errors while trying to figure out the overcharge.  Maybe his Phone was broken, or he couldn't find the calculator app?

Must have something to do with how Math is taught in the schools today?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Koohiichan said:

Oh wait. There are none that say expired so maybe does mean anything.

You should be able to cancel or change your bid at this point.  You might want to figure out why you cannot make a change if none of your bids are expired.

Update: When I accessed the page that a open all the bidding options, not just my bids, I found where I could change or cancel the DPV bid. Maybe when there are multiple bids, only the first shows the change/cancel. Anyhow both are still pending.

Thanks for everyone’s support.

• Like 1

I bid very low...twice...and was accepted....best to bid your comfort level but it helps to find out how many cabins are available in your preferred category.  If many, you have a better chance to be accepted.

Edited by Oceangoer2

1 minute ago, Rmyoung said:

So I just checked. Nothing I was offered is even available. No suites or Family Verandas. Why would they offer a move up?

Is it possible they are leaving the MoveUp options up in case people cancel? they want to fill those expensive rooms with MoveUp people, hoping they can sell the lower rooms for less money to fill the over all ship?  

First time X cruiser here. Made a booking mid-November for an inside stateroom for a Dec 31st sailing during the Black Friday sale. Decided to try my luck and made the minimum bid for a veranda ($100pp) Crickets for a couple of weeks and just saw today that I was successful. Good luck everyone!

• Like 4

On 12/7/2022 at 10:27 AM, Oceangoer2 said:

I bid very low...twice...and was accepted....best to bid your comfort level but it helps to find out how many cabins are available in your preferred category.  If many, you have a better chance to be accepted.

Okay, so what's teh easiest way to discover how many unsold cabins there are in each category for your particular cruise?

11 hours ago, CaribbeanBound said:

Okay, so what's teh easiest way to discover how many unsold cabins there are in each category for your particular cruise?

can't mention the name or link here.  Some online agencies show available cabins for all the cruise lines.

I have a question concerning Move Up. I just got the email and they're offering me a family veranda for $250 pp, I don't know if it's a good deal (I have a wheelchair-accessible veranda), but since we don't have many ports, it would be nice to have more space, we're 3 people. The thing is, I absolutely need a wheelchair-accessible cabin. Would they honor that in the upgrade or is it best not to risk it?

20 hours ago, Iriel said:

I have a question concerning Move Up. I just got the email and they're offering me a family veranda for $250 pp, I don't know if it's a good deal (I have a wheelchair-accessible veranda), but since we don't have many ports, it would be nice to have more space, we're 3 people. The thing is, I absolutely need a wheelchair-accessible cabin. Would they honor that in the upgrade or is it best not to risk it?

I don't know how many accessible FV cabins they have, but unless they are showing available, I would not risk it. They're not going to kick someone out of their booked room just because you bid when you absolutely had to have accessible. IOW, I wouldn't risk it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I don't know how many accessible FV cabins they have, but unless they are showing available, I would not risk it. They're not going to kick someone out of their booked room just because you bid when you absolutely had to have accessible. IOW, I wouldn't risk it.

Thank you! I checked the website and there isn't any accessible cabin available right now, so I guess I'll stay put.

• Like 1