Dawn breaks as we sail from the Old World to the New World through the Atlantic Ocean, December 3rd - December 16th, 2022

spinnaker2

As reported above, a gray morning and a little rough this morning. It was a great night for sleeping though . Everything still going smoothly and it’s a delightful cruise.

Holly a young woman and Silversea singers has had 2 solo shows , and a 3rd tonight. Very talented with a beautiful voice. We also had a nice chat with her one morning in the artists cafe .  
  Only one week left !😱. Hopefully it’ll go nice and slow ! 

• Like 2

It's a cocktail shaker kind of day. We are being buffeted by white caps atop large waves.

We are headed directly into the 3.4 knot wind, the sky is grey and Poseidon is pretty angry.

Tried to upload a short video clip but everyone must be online.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes kmack.

I won't risk my spouse walking about.

We have now exhausted the in room service. The carciofi pizza was nice.

Butler's are slammed. But putting on a good face.

And every time a wave hits starboard we get a large boom. Pretty much once a minute.

Dawn is being initiated by Poseidon and daughters. A rite of passage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Captain said 30 to 35 knot winds and 9 foot seas at present as we traverse the Sargasso Sea. The waves look much bigger.   The spray easily reaching deck 7.   Still really bumpy! 

3 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Captain said 30 to 35 knot winds and 9 foot seas at present as we traverse the Sargasso Sea. The waves look much bigger.   The spray easily reaching deck 7.  Still really bumpy! 

WOW!!  Is that whey they call it "Rock 'N Roll"??  Good luck.  Appreciate your posting and excellent sharing.  Keep it coming.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

As spins has reported , yesterday was a gloomy day with rough seas . I have to admit that I kind of like it, and I find the creaking sounds comforting at night .

This morning is a bright sunny day with calmer water and warm temperatures. I believe the books will be appearing on the loungers .  All is still well on the Dawn, and I won’t want to get off . 
 The world cruise of 2025 will be on the Dawn , and some of the segments look pretty inviting. 

• Like 7

Lovely evening last night at La Terrazza at a special table. Much maritime discussion, good food, great company and all while dressed up in our "goodest clothes".

I managed not to spill my food and properly twirl my pasta without a spoon. Formal night used to be lobster, but last night osso bucco.

At Venetian party awards handed out. Among the pax onboard over 31k days.

Sun's up and soon the mad crush will begin to pack in everything one can so as not to miss out.

Hard to believe that it is December 11. 

General comment. The Dawn is a beautiful vessel.  Crew are spectacular. The new normal is here, I quote the Captain.

Edited by spinnaker2
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Lovely evening last night at La Terrazza at a special table. Much maritime discussion, good food, great company and all while dressed up in our "goodest clothes".

I managed not to spill my food and properly twirl my pasta without a spoon. Formal night used to be lobster, but last night osso bucco.

At Venetian party awards handed out. Among the pax onboard over 31k days.

Sun's up and soon the mad crush will begin to pack in everything one can so as not to miss out.

Hard to believe that it is December 11. 

General comment. The Dawn is a beautiful vessel.  Crew are spectacular. The new normal is here, I quote the Captain.

Did you mean 3.100 days and not 31,000 days?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Among the pax onboard over 31k days.

I thought you were reporting the passenger who had the most days onboard. Then I did the math and realized 31,000 days is 85 years! So I guess that's a cumulative 31,000 days among the passengers. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

That makes sense - the most number of days we knew about was around 2,400 days for one WC couple who has since passed away.

I think the infamous Captain Stubby from Maryland was over 2,750 days when we met him on the new Muse in ‘17.  Then in ‘20, pre-Covid, he was over 3,500 when we saw him again on the Cloud in South Georgia.

I’ll be floored if we ever hit 250.

Good grief it's all ok.

But what a topic for discussion/challenge.

Math equations. Venetian loyalty. The possible permutations of weeks, days, months aboard. Octagenarians...

Meanwhile  buffet lunch at the pool. Live music. Sun. Very toasted people, yes in more ways than one.

Sea day/Sunday.

Fact check over.

Spinning done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I think the infamous Captain Stubby from Maryland was over 2,750 days when we met him on the new Muse in ‘17.  Then in ‘20, pre-Covid, he was over 3,500 when we saw him again on the Cloud in South Georgia.

I’ll be floored if we ever hit 250.

You are only a young fellow so time to pull your socks up.😁

• Haha 3

A most beautiful day today. Sea day just before San Juan arrival tomorrow.

Apparently we must get off for a face to face with US customs/border patrol.

As well, most likely an inspection will take place of the ship as it is her first time in US waters. 

Lounges by the pool full and LaT outside very busy.

Can't believe I saw a lady in curlers in LaT at lunch. 

It's not prohibited in the dress code!

🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 2