Dawn breaks as we sail from the Old World to the New World through the Atlantic Ocean, December 3rd - December 16th, 2022

spinnaker2

Life continues to be good on another perfect sea day. Tomorrow will be a busy day for the crew in San Juan . As it will be the Dawn’s first trip in US waters, in addition to the usual immigration, there’s inspections by the USCG, US public Health, crew drills etc . Although some passenger are departing tomorrow, we all have to be off by 9 am for immigration , and during the inspections. Going on a tour to the rain forest , so not really that big of a deal 

• Like 3

It’s been a great cruise, with everything almost perfect. We’re going to hate to get off on Friday. The only saving grace is that we go home to beautiful weather in Florida. Of course knowing that we’ve got a few future cruises on SS to look forward to, also makes getting off easier . 

• Like 2

On 12/13/2022 at 6:15 AM, spinnaker2 said:

Hola San Juan!

1381526393_20221213_0518252.thumb.jpg.c35fe2dce08e673900e8155c1c6d4974.jpg

Great you have arrived in San Juan and that your "adventure" is progressing well.  Anything special or interesting you saw or did there in P.R.?  How is that island recovering from its recent and various challenges?  Looks like this trip is nearing an ending point.  Appreciate the postings, pictures and details.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

As reported a fantastic cruise IMO. Crew were absolutely wonderful . Food, entertainment, activities all just great. Already home almost 7 hours, bags unpacked, clothes washed ,and the reality of being home the real world is here. I should be getting ready to go out to SALT bar . Instead deciding what to eat, and have to cook it ourselves!   
Thanks Silver Dawn for a flawless and memorable cruise ! 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

As reported a fantastic cruise IMO. Crew were absolutely wonderful . Food, entertainment, activities all just great. Already home almost 7 hours, bags unpacked, clothes washed ,and the reality of being home the real world is here. I should be getting ready to go out to SALT bar . Instead deciding what to eat, and have to cook it ourselves!   
Thanks Silver Dawn for a flawless and memorable cruise ! 

Glad you had such a good time🙂. Do you recall which terminal she docked in upon your arrival? 19? 21? 25? Or something other than those?

11 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

I’m sorry Lois, but I really don’t know. I was picked up by a car service, and he knew where to go. Hopefully, someone else on here will know . 

Thanks, no problem. It will probably be on my cruise documents.

Safe forward short journey home Spins. Sounds like you had an enjoyable cruise. How long before the next one?

Thanks for sharing.

Side note…. if anyone on the next sailing can post some starling photos if it is installed as expected and comment on internet performance, I’d be grateful.

5 hours ago, les37b said:

Safe forward short journey home Spins. Sounds like you had an enjoyable cruise. How long before the next one?

Thanks for sharing.

Side note…. if anyone on the next sailing can post some starling photos if it is installed as expected and comment on internet performance, I’d be grateful.

😁

FD060477-5A95-440C-BEE0-473B9EBF2E57.webp

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

And doing the laundry yourself too?  That’s a bridge too far for many.

I know! I have way more than 100 nights at home, so why isn't laundry included? I need to talk to the loyalty program manager...

• Haha 7