Dawn breaks as we sail from the Old World to the New World through the Atlantic Ocean, December 3rd - December 16th, 2022

spinnaker2

Don’t know if the internet upgrade completed. I inquired and was told huh?????

Ship docked at 26. Not sure if she will dock there again.

Pretty easy to find out where she will be.

I am now on day 6 of a nasty cold. Not covid. Tested and negative repeatedly.

Lots of coughing aboard, and very few masks. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Hi Spins, hope you feel better soon! 

I didn't even know there was a terminal 26.

42 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Get better soon!

Thanks for the get well wishes.

General impression of the cruise, crew is stellar. Many new crew learning the ropes, but catching on quickly.  Paolo Percivale at HD is a delight. The Captain is a wealth of knowledge! Bruno as the CD was personable and fun. Guest relations, responsive. 

The ship is quite beautiful, neutral colors which allows the spectacular surroundings to shine. What is better than an ocean view, every single day!

Food, subjective of course. I can say that Atlantic is quite nice, our single dinner in SALT was delicious. We ate in LaT most nights because of its proximity to our suite as walking was an issue for my spouse. We were catered to by the waitstaff.  A special dinner of rare tuna was requested and enjoyed!  Pizza at Spaccanapoli, yummy! The Grill in the evening was very good. However, the Grill at lunch remains a weak spot. It really needs some work.

We did book another cruise, of course! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Thanks for the get well wishes.

General impression of the cruise, crew is stellar. Many new crew learning the ropes, but catching on quickly.  Paolo Percivale at HD is a delight. The Captain is a wealth of knowledge! Bruno as the CD was personable and fun. Guest relations, responsive. 

The ship is quite beautiful, neutral colors which allows the spectacular surroundings to shine. What is better than an ocean view, every single day!

Food, subjective of course. I can say that Atlantic is quite nice, our single dinner in SALT was delicious. We ate in LaT most nights because of its proximity to our suite as walking was an issue for my spouse. We were catered to by the waitstaff.  A special dinner of rare tuna was requested and enjoyed!  Pizza at Spaccanapoli, yummy! The Grill in the evening was very good. However, the Grill at lunch remains a weak spot. It really needs some work.

We did book another cruise, of course! 

Hope you feel better soon Spinns. Still no Tuna Melt? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Thanks for the get well wishes.  General impression of the cruise, crew is stellar. Many new crew learning the ropes, but catching on quickly.  We ate in LaT most nights because of its proximity to our suite as walking was an issue for my spouse. We were catered to by the waitstaff.  A special dinner of rare tuna was requested and enjoyed!  Pizza at Spaccanapoli, yummy! The Grill in the evening was very good. However, the Grill at lunch remains a weak spot. It really needs some work.  We did book another cruise, of course!

Sorry to hear, Spins, of your cough challenges, plus the special needs for your DH.  Appreciate these added details and background from your sailing.  Great to hear that the new staff members are quick to adapt for the Silversea customer needs.  What location and timing is planned for your next sailing adventure?  

Any interesting speakers on this trans-Atlantic cruise?  Had very mixed reactions when I saw your comment of "Lots of coughing aboard, and very few masks."

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

13 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Sorry to hear, Spins, of your cough challenges, plus the special needs for your DH.  Appreciate these added details and background from your sailing.  Great to hear that the new staff members are quick to adapt for the Silversea customer needs.  What location and timing is planned for your next sailing adventure?  

Any interesting speakers on this trans-Atlantic cruise?  Had very mixed reactions when I saw your comment of "Lots of coughing aboard, and very few masks."

Terry

I avoided the lectures, cooking demos and most large gatherings in the theater ( to include the shows). Also stayed away from SALT lab classes.

Lecturers included the retired dentist and others who have given the same lectures in  past crossings. I think there may have been a new lecturer.

As for masks, some of the crew still wear them as did some of the pax. On the last night aboard a woman was standing next to me in the boutique and she announced she had just been released from quarantine but was staying aboard for the next cruise. She did not have a mask on which I believe is in contravention to the suggested guidelines.

She told me she was purchasing a hat for sun protection. There is some irony there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

You can take a horse to water springs to mind!

Hope you’re feeling better Spins.

That announcement re Starlink was posted on the other site and relayed here. It was posted by the new soon to be President. I wonder if it was completed or a further announcement made? Hopefully it was and the GS rep just wasn’t aware. If it wasn’t, hopefully there will be an update! March is coming round quickly!

2 hours ago, les37b said:

You can take a horse to water springs to mind!

Hope you’re feeling better Spins.

That announcement re Starlink was posted on the other site and relayed here. It was posted by the new soon to be President. I wonder if it was completed or a further announcement made? Hopefully it was and the GS rep just wasn’t aware. If it wasn’t, hopefully there will be an update! March is coming round quickly!

Hmm. I asked a person who is higher up on the food chain. But perhaps they did not want to commit to an answer.

lots of stops in Ft. Lauderdale between now and March.

• Thanks 1

Terry:

We tried to book the crossing in March, 2023, but it was sold out, as was the subsequent cruise. It is simply easier for us right now (due to mobility issues) to fly a single way. We also enjoy the sea days. 

The cruise consultant on board the crossing was super busy. 

33 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Terry:   We tried to book the crossing in March, 2023, but it was sold out, as was the subsequent cruise. It is simply easier for us right now (due to mobility issues) to fly a single way. We also enjoy the sea days. The cruise consultant on board the crossing was super busy. 

Appreciate, Spins, this added background and follow-up.  Understand the why for doing the one-way travel option to make it easier for your DH, etc.  Still not sure if a trans-Atlantic fits our personal needs as we are more focused on destinations and seeing new places, cultures, etc.  Great sharing!!!

Terry:

Hopefully at some point we will be able to travel as we once did, but for the moment we are entirely happy with unpacking a single time and enjoying the ship. The crew take very good care of us, and see to it that we aren’t wanting for anything while we are onboard. 

• Like 2

On 12/17/2022 at 4:03 PM, TLCOhio said:

There were four lecturers on board. All engaging . One was a retired judge from UK that told stories about some of the difficult cases he had before him. One was a 2-star general that delved into the US's past military victories and mistakes. The other was a gent that gave current events having to do with Russia and the KGB.  The last was one that told stories about various entertainers-Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, the Beatles, etc. Never a dull moment!

• Like 2