Pub Lunch

bigeagle12

They were doing it on the ISLAND last month.  Not sure if it was on the REGAL.  We went to the PL (held in Bayou) on a lark as part of a group and I wasn't expecting much based on my last experience in 2018 or 2019 (not sure which ship), but it was pretty good.  In all, I was more impressed with the food prep on Island than Regal in Oct/Nov timeframe.

• Like 2

I was on the Royal Thanksgiving cruise Nov 23. Pub lunch was served in dining room for, well, lunch. Pretty tasty, I had the pea soup and fish and chips. 😀Much better food than the so-called and much heralded turkey dinner served in the dining room on Thanksgiving.😬

3 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

Was on the Emerald last month in Da Vinci. Was not publicized and we only knew as we walked over to look at the menu. It wasn’t busy.

Yes - I walked over to look at the lunch menu and it was the Pub Lunch Menu in the dining room. The menu on the TV and my phone said something else. It was on our last sea day. 

I know the bread and butter pudding was offered in the buffet that day. I don't know if other items were.

Hard to think this was last month 🙂 

On the Discovery during Thanksgiving week, it wasnt the 'pub lunch' but they did have 'fish and chips' one day early in the trip, on the Buffet.  It did not return.  They also had scotch eggs, but, unfortunately it was our first trip to the buffet area and we didnt find that section (we went to the 'bistro' section I think) first, and after eating we discovered what we would have preferred to eat! 

So I dont know if that qualifies as 'pub lunch' as it is not the same experience. 

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They were doing it on the ISLAND last month.  Not sure if it was on the REGAL.

It was featured in Horizon Court at lunch on the first Sea Day. Consecutive chafing dishes in an area of the buffet serving all of the usual options. Not really the same as the sit down meal with beer service. And battered fish served en masse in a chafing dish does the texture no favors. But it was better than not having it at all. 

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Yes - I walked over to look at the lunch menu and it was the Pub Lunch Menu in the dining room. The menu on the TV and my phone said something else. It was on our last sea day. 

I know the bread and butter pudding was offered in the buffet that day. I don't know if other items were.

Hard to think this was last month 🙂 

Lol, the menu was never the same which is why we walked over to look at the actual board. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyVWine said:

It was featured in Horizon Court at lunch on the first Sea Day. Consecutive chafing dishes in an area of the buffet serving all of the usual options. Not really the same as the sit down meal with beer service. And battered fish served en masse in a chafing dish does the texture no favors. But it was better than not having it at all. 

Okay, I do recall that now, but have it a pass.