Request Table for Two

RogueMonk

45 minutes ago, RogueMonk said:

Is there a way to request a private table during dinner in the dining room? Can that be done ahead of time? Thanks!

Usually by default you are assigned to  a shared table for say eight.  On the day of embarcation, you can go to the dining room desk and get on the list for "non shared" tables.  There may not enough of these tables early in the evening or early in the cruise.  Often at or after eight PM there is more open space.  

We are over 1 year out and already made the request.  here is the response and the email to start that process request:

Thank you for contacting the Royal Dining Department. Unfortunately it is too early for your table request at this time as the ship begins seating guests 30 days prior to sailing. Please contact us again at rcldining@rccl.com at 30 days prior to sailing and we will be able to forward your table request to the ship for processing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

Thank you and kindest regards,
Royal Caribbean Dining Administration

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

We are over 1 year out and already made the request.  here is the response and the email to start that process request:

Thank you for contacting the Royal Dining Department. Unfortunately it is too early for your table request at this time as the ship begins seating guests 30 days prior to sailing. Please contact us again at rcldining@rccl.com at 30 days prior to sailing and we will be able to forward your table request to the ship for processing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

Yes, email 2-3 weeks out from Sail Date when Royal forwards to Ship, any longer out and requests get lost or could be changed. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

Just now, Krazcruiser said:

The last two cruises we requested a table for two, and yes we got a table for two but it was 4 inches  next to neighbor who also probably requested a table for two.

I think some of the big tables need to go to recycling and more tables for two need to come aboard.  But not my call   

• Like 2

Just go off the Radiance a few days ago.

We were sat a large round table with 8 other couples (have not had that happen in16 years because we had kids with us then).

Nobody knew each other and it seemed a little strange at first.

But after we broke the ice and introduced each other, it was nice.

My wife and I took bets on how many others would not return again.

But to our surprise, everyone was back every night.

In the end it was a great time for all. Much better than me & my wife by ourselves. 

Sometimes its better to go outside the comfort zone and try things......

We used our daily diamond drinks to get shots for everyone each night

Edited by matj2000

26 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

We were sat a large round table with 8 other couples (have not had that happen in16 years because we had kids with us then).

In the end it was a great time for all. Much better than me & my wife by ourselves. 

We always get a large table and late traditional dining, love the loooong dinner.  

13 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

This is very helpful, thank you. Going to put this on my calendar so I remember to do it.

As i have mentioned before , i like the two tops that are a foot away from the other tables on either side of us .

You get to mingle with the people next to you , but dont have to wait for them

to get served before you start eating.

We have many many nice people , and they tend to be the same ones every night as we typically dine at the same time. This was MTD .

• Like 3

I was  able to request for a table for two.  One ship it was two  inches away from the next table so  I would hardly called that a private table for two.   Other times it was a proper private table for for two far enough away from other guests.  

On 12/5/2022 at 9:01 PM, Iceman-007 said:

I was  able to request for a table for two.  One ship it was two  inches away from the next table so  I would hardly called that a private table for two.   Other times it was a proper private table for for two far enough away from other guests.  

Point Blur_Oct262022_192839.jpg

One of my bucket-list items was to eat at a Michelin starred restaurant in Paris.   Those tables for two are wider with more spacing between then in Paris.  

At least since they are technically different tables you can politely ignore the strangers next to you.   

On 12/4/2022 at 11:15 AM, matj2000 said:

The two of you plus eight other couples…so would be a round table for 18? That would be an enormous table.  And somehow your Diamond drinks bought shots for everyone each night.  Hmm, any chance that it was eight other people (4 other couples) at the table?

On 12/4/2022 at 1:09 PM, Scotty G said:

Please be aware that most times we have had a table for 2 the tables were inches apart from others with 2 Tops. On rare occasion we got  a 2 Top by a window.

I believe this was our B2B on the Freedom, 2019.

068_Moment.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 11:49 AM, Another_Critic said:

Are you fixed seating or My Time Dining?  If MTD, just ask when you show up for dinner.

Yep, this has always worked for me. Sometimes had to wait 10-20 minutes, but it was worth it.

Yeah most tables are very close together, but that few inches of open space does usually help in ignoring guests that we want to ignore, and also (sometimes more importantly) in being ignored.

Not that we're antisocial, except that after a couple of bad experiences with people at shared tables (like idiots gawking at my lady's anatomy), yeah, we can definitely be anti-social.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

The two of you plus eight other couples…so would be a round table for 18? That would be an enormous table.  And somehow your Diamond drinks bought shots for everyone each night.  Hmm, any chance that it was eight other people (4 other couples) at the table?

Yes it was 5 couples,  total of 10 people..