First time for AquaClass - Question about Blue

NCteacherlovescruising

My friends and I decided to upgrade to AquaClass, since the price difference isn't much for our sailing anymore.  (We were in CC)  We had reservations every night in the MDR, which I canceled.  Will we need reservations for Blue or is it pretty easy to just walk in and get a table?  

5 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

My friends and I decided to upgrade to AquaClass, since the price difference isn't much for our sailing anymore.  (We were in CC)  We had reservations every night in the MDR, which I canceled.  Will we need reservations for Blue or is it pretty easy to just walk in and get a table?  

No reservations for Blu, it's walk-ins only. 

• Like 2

If you go for early dining then expect to wait maybe 15-20 minutes. We typically went for dinner around 7:30 and then tried to grab the 9pm show...don't miss the Headliner shows! A few times, we went to the show early and then had dinner at 8:30. Still great service.

We had a "seating preference". We chose the tables near the gold curtains. A few times we had the sofa style tables which are not comfortable and once, we sat next to a couple a few inches from them and it was awkward as the pace of the meal was different.

Make sure to go for breakfast on sea days and on the last day...debarkation! Also, they have lobster on the second chic night! It was unbelievable! I wish I had ordered two lobsters. 

You can also order any dish from any of the other dining rooms. We loved the onion soup from the Tuscan restaurant. 

Blu was our favorite and we pretty much tried all of them besides raw on 5.

9 minutes ago, DallasCruiseCouple said:

If you go for early dining then expect to wait maybe 15-20 minutes. We typically went for dinner around 7:30 and then tried to grab the 9pm show...don't miss the Headliner shows! A few times, we went to the show early and then had dinner at 8:30. Still great service.

We had a "seating preference". We chose the tables near the gold curtains. A few times we had the sofa style tables which are not comfortable and once, we sat next to a couple a few inches from them and it was awkward as the pace of the meal was different.

Make sure to go for breakfast on sea days and on the last day...debarkation! Also, they have lobster on the second chic night! It was unbelievable! I wish I had ordered two lobsters. 

You can also order any dish from any of the other dining rooms. We loved the onion soup from the Tuscan restaurant. 

Blu was our favorite and we pretty much tried all of them besides raw on 5.

This is just a little girls trip, only 5 nights so 1 chic night.  What did they serve for the first?

18 minutes ago, JintyGirl said:

Hi - as had been said, no reservation needed and you will always be seated with the same waiter at every meal. This means they get to know your preferences and makes for a much more personal service. We love Blu! Hope you enjoy it too!!

I love having the same waiter every night!

• Like 1

The only time reservations are required or recommended is if you are with a large party and want a table for 6 or more.  They will try to accommodate you as not many in AQ want to share a large table with others.

Having a table for 2 is one of the reasons we like AQ.  When dining in a land based restaurant does any ever request sitting with other diners?

There are a lot of opportunities to meet others on board the ship and personally I have met many at the bars and waiting in line that we have become friends with.   Friends being traveling to visit them, texting, phone calls and being on other cruises and etc.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

5 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

This is just a little girls trip, only 5 nights so 1 chic night.  What did they serve for the first?

I can't remember! We were still figuring out the flow of Blue and we did not have a regular waiter yet. You always have a starter (I typically chose salad and a soup) and the main. Plus fabulous desserts! They also have the Signature Blue items that have a little more flair than the traditional dining items. Ask the Maitre D' if you will have lobster on the chic night. Also, the Maitre D' runs the house. He will get you the best table and the best waiters. If you have a group of friends then make sure to celebrate something so that they bring you out a cake and sing to you. 😉 We saw lots of friend groups having a great time in Blue. Their tables were closer to the fake windows and a little more room. You will love it. Also, get to know the Spa Director so that she tells you the best time to visit the thermal suites. It gets busy!  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, miched said:

The only time reservations are required or recommended is if you are with a large party and want a table for 6 or more.  They will try to accommodate you as not many in AQ want to share a large table with others.

Having a table for 2 is one of the reasons we like AQ.  When dining in a land based restaurant does any ever request sitting with other diners?

There are a lot of opportunities to meet others on board the ship and personally I have met many at the bars and waiting in line that we have become friends with.   Friends being traveling to visit them, texting, phone calls and being on other cruises and etc.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We will not want to sit with others, especially since most will be couples or families and it will be 3 friends having a good time.  

We made some good friends on our last Celebrity cruise.  Still talk to them all the time and even went to visit one for a major birthday.

10 minutes ago, DallasCruiseCouple said:

I can't remember! We were still figuring out the flow of Blue and we did not have a regular waiter yet. You always have a starter (I typically chose salad and a soup) and the main. Plus fabulous desserts! They also have the Signature Blue items that have a little more flair than the traditional dining items. Ask the Maitre D' if you will have lobster on the chic night. Also, the Maitre D' runs the house. He will get you the best table and the best waiters. If you have a group of friends then make sure to celebrate something so that they bring you out a cake and sing to you. 😉 We saw lots of friend groups having a great time in Blue. Their tables were closer to the fake windows and a little more room. You will love it. Also, get to know the Spa Director so that she tells you the best time to visit the thermal suites. It gets busy!  

I'll see if we can figure out something to celebrate!  lol  It's just 3 of us, but we have been friends for many years.  This will be our first trip without the guys.  We are super excited about it!

Oh wait.  One of my friends has a January birthday.  We can celebrate that a bit early. 

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising

32 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We will not want to sit with others, especially since most will be couples or families and it will be 3 friends having a good time.  

We made some good friends on our last Celebrity cruise.  Still talk to them all the time and even went to visit one for a major birthday.

I'll see if we can figure out something to celebrate!  lol  It's just 3 of us, but we have been friends for many years.  This will be our first trip without the guys.  We are super excited about it!

Oh wait.  One of my friends has a January birthday.  We can celebrate that a bit early. 

PERFECT!! The waiters especially loved making girls trip groups feel special!!

let the Maître D know your wishes and he will make sure your waiter knows! I hope you love Blu as mush as us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miched said:

I'm not sure what you were implying with your statement. I've never been denied a table for two on ANY Celebrity ship in ANY dining room. Period. 

42 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I'm not sure what you were implying with your statement. I've never been denied a table for two on ANY Celebrity ship in ANY dining room. Period. 

42 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Read my post again.  It doesn’t say anything about being denied a table for 2.   I  wrote it is the reason we like Blu.   Sorry if it wasn’t clear.   We were never denied a table for 2 and prefer dining that way.  

Thanks for your post if it was perceived that way and I am now able to correct it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸

Just now, keesar said:

We always cruise in Blu and we do not get the same waiter every night.  A lot may depend on the maitre'.

Agreed. When I read that I was going to say that definitely something that's mandated fleet wide in the least. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Just remember the name of your waiter and ask to be seated in his area each night.  The personalized service is the reason we like BLU so much.

Or you can ask for another server.  I wanted to do that once, but refrained.

15 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Blu doesn't require reservations.  Typically a long line begins around opending time.  So if you like to dine early and want a good table, you must line up.  It gets empty around 7;30 - 8:00 for the late diners.  Tables for two are lined up next to each other in rows by the windows- not really private.  We typically had the first table for two next to a window.  The same most days- We tried to be the first on line.

Edited by Cruise a holic

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Blu doesn't require reservations.  Typically a long line begins around opending time.  So if you like to dine early and want a good table, you must line up.  It gets empty around 7;30 - 8:00 for the late diners.  Tables for two are lined up next to each other in rows by the windows- not really private.  We typically had the first table for two next to a window.  The same most days- We tried to be the first on line.

Good to know!  There will be 3 of us.  

To manage expectations, we have had to wait for a table in Blu many times - usually if we showed up at about 7 pm.. Sometimes it's only 10 minutes but once it was going to be about 30 minutes so we left (and the hostess came running after us with apologies!) Often, if there's a wait and there's space in another server's section they will seat you there. 

We are early diners also and we line up hoping to get a window table.  Our last cruise there were 3 couples who must have come down really early and they took 3 of the 5 window tables.  That left only the two on the banquettes, (where we usually sat) one at each end of the room.  We did get the same waiter who remembered us from another cruise.  I would think if you came later, your chance of getting the same waiter each night would not be so good.

53 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

To manage expectations, we have had to wait for a table in Blu many times - usually if we showed up at about 7 pm.. Sometimes it's only 10 minutes but once it was going to be about 30 minutes so we left (and the hostess came running after us with apologies!) Often, if there's a wait and there's space in another server's section they will seat you there. 

Thanks for letting me know, so we won't be surprised.  Hopefully the wait won't be too bad.  What's the best time?  I doubt we will come when they open.  I guess if the line is too long we could always hit the buffet unless there is something on the menu one of us really wants.  

14 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

We are early diners also and we line up hoping to get a window table.  Our last cruise there were 3 couples who must have come down really early and they took 3 of the 5 window tables.  That left only the two on the banquettes, (where we usually sat) one at each end of the room.  We did get the same waiter who remembered us from another cruise.  I would think if you came later, your chance of getting the same waiter each night would not be so good.

This will be my first time cruising with my two friends, so I don't know when they will want to eat.  I doubt we will get there when they open though.  Typically on land, we don't eat early.  While I would prefer the same waiter each night, it won't stop me from enjoying dinner and having a great time.