Early Bookings for 2024 Dec.14th

louden

Ridiculous prices for Sun Princess. Think we’ll wait until the dust settles. Princess is pricing themselves out of the market. Luxury lines are cheaper. Plus, based on recent experience, the product needs to improve to justify the prices.

Edited by Geoffa30
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, louden said:

Nothing yet 

Louden

We have booked the cabin we were hoping for.  Yes, the prices have increased but this far out hoping there will be some price adjustments to watch for.  Thanx again to all the CC members who continue to provide valuable info.

Louden

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dog said:

So for TA Sky March 9. Only offered Good- standard or plus packages at new prices- drinks are at $15- not $12 like before  ( this is one with dessert etc)

My thinking is that since the official launch is tomorrow (14th) and that is when new plans come into effect, they weren't about to provide current pricing plans for Elites booking 1 day early. 

I am not looking to book, but looks like a lot of inventory held back for a couple of voyages I looked at.

It is $81 CAD/ pp/ day for the plus package which is the new one mentioned with desserts, photos, 1 device wifi, drinks up to $15., fitness.  No other package is offered for cruise I am looking at.  The deposit is $540 CAD pp or FCD.

I put it on free hold- will see what difference is by 16 th.No package for us.

I will definitely be looking at HAL & Celebrity.

Edited by dog

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Interesting (in an odd way) that there is no Premier quote.  At PCL's current 1.35 rate, it should cost $108 CAD/pp/day.

Yes, like someone posted yesterday about CAD/US conversion.

so in Personalizer I can add Plus or Premiere to cruise for $50 or $75 US,

the premier option in personalizer  does not show the desserts, fitness, like it did when I went to book it.

crew gra are $345 pp for 16 days in balcony cabin

CAD

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dog said:

Maybe just me but the Princess website is screwed up.  The cruise I put on hold is $200 less then the price I see now.

I was looking at the new sailings just to look. Prices didn't look so bad to me, but I wasn't looking at high-end cabins. I also was looking at standard pricing since we don't do packages. And the website was erroring out for me in reckless abandon.

Edited by Sea Hag
clarification
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, louden said:

We have booked the cabin we were hoping for.  Yes, the prices have increased but this far out hoping there will be some price adjustments to watch for.  Thanx again to all the CC members who continue to provide valuable info.

Louden

Hi Louden! 

Long time no see. What cruise did you book?  We booked the TA out of Barcelona.

I don’t know about Sun prices but we were able to book a 21 day TA    cruise with Plus package and transfers in both ends plus insurance in a penthouse aft wraparound balcony suite for $500 per person per day.  Seemed like a good deal to me it hits all the ports we missed due to the British “storm of the century awhile ago

11 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

Someone had posted the itineraries for the Sun in Europe with the various price levels -has anyone compared that with what they are showing now.

I saw that too.

The April 15/24 Sky cruise was listed there, but they did not load it in to book yet.

prices I am seeing for balcony are much higher then I will consider for the Europe 2024 cruises.

I was looking at the Norwegian Fjords cruise on Sky summer 2024, but the prices are currently ridiculous (way more than double what we are paying for the same ship but with a slightly different itinerary for summer 2023). It also wasn't loading up available cabins correctly and said all the ocean views were already sold out and there were hardly any other cabins in other categories listed as available. Unless the price comes down significantly we won't be booking for 2024 (especially given the increase in Plus package).

3 hours ago, 2catsand2kids said:

I was looking at the Norwegian Fjords cruise on Sky summer 2024, but the prices are currently ridiculous (way more than double what we are paying for the same ship but with a slightly different itinerary for summer 2023). It also wasn't loading up available cabins correctly and said all the ocean views were already sold out and there were hardly any other cabins in other categories listed as available. Unless the price comes down significantly we won't be booking for 2024 (especially given the increase in Plus package).

I noticed every cruise on the Sun that I looked at there were no upgrade mini-suites (Reserve or cabana)  I can't believe they all sold out in one day.  Hoping at noon (8am PST) that things will load correctly.

Edited by Dar & Bob

On 12/13/2022 at 11:37 AM, dog said:

Prices are too high for standard fare.

Good luck everyone 

The prices are what the prices are going forward.   The Plus package has jumped from 40 to 50 to 60 per day in less than a year and the only new inclusions are premium desserts, exercise classes and a juice bar for that extra 20 bucks per couple per day.  Between cut backs and price increases it's the standard these days as the various cruise lines try to recoup some of the billions that they bled away during the shutdown.

I'm not loyal to one cruise line.  Currently have reservations on Princess, Celebrity, RCI, NCL, MSC and Carnival.  You need to be flexible to hopefully find a deal with a sweet spot price wise.

I placed one of the August 2024 10-day Mediterranean cruises on the Island Princess on hold.  Will get FCCs on Saturday when we board the Sky Princess for the deposit payment.  I found a similar itinerary on Azamara (one day less) for the same price WITH premium beverages, free wifi, OBC plus we get a free bag of laundry on Azamara.  Thus, in my opinion the Princess basic fare for the cruise is very high.  I'll look out for price reductions during the next year and a half.

After the Sky Princess Christmas cruise our next one is on MSC.  Trying out new lines.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dididi said:

I placed one of the August 2024 10-day Mediterranean cruises on the Island Princess on hold.  Will get FCCs on Saturday when we board the Sky Princess for the deposit payment.  I found a similar itinerary on Azamara (one day less) for the same price WITH premium beverages, free wifi, OBC plus we get a free bag of laundry on Azamara.  Thus, in my opinion the Princess basic fare for the cruise is very high.  I'll look out for price reductions during the next year and a half.

After the Sky Princess Christmas cruise our next one is on MSC.  Trying out new lines.

I have looked at Celebrity and the fare plus OBC are more realistic then what I see for Princess.

—————-

believe me, I am flexible-

54 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The prices are what the prices are going forward.   The Plus package has jumped from 40 to 50 to 60 per day in less than a year and the only new inclusions are premium desserts, exercise classes and a juice bar for that extra 20 bucks per couple per day.  Between cut backs and price increases it's the standard these days as the various cruise lines try to recoup some of the billions that they bled away during the shutdown.

I'm not loyal to one cruise line.  Currently have reservations on Princess, Celebrity, RCI, NCL, MSC and Carnival.  You need to be flexible to hopefully find a deal with a sweet spot price wise.

• Like 1