NCL does it again!

phissy

Reality check, It is becoming an expense you need to understand before booking. That $40 / $50 USD a day is getting up to a point you must consider that when doing the cost model for a cruise you are contemplating. 

1 hour ago, Ray4Fun said:

Reality check, It is becoming an expense you need to understand before booking. That $40 / $50 USD a day is getting up to a point you must consider that when doing the cost model for a cruise you are contemplating. 

Not so much.  Add up the cost of travel to the port, hotels, meals, cruise fare, shore excursions and the increase is a very small fraction of the overall cost of the cruise.  It's like swallowing the camel, then gagging on a gnat.

7 hours ago, J0Y0US said:

Unlike everything else in the economy that isn't going up 25%.....

Yes, a very small fraction of the cruise price is going up by 25%.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, J0Y0US said:

Unlike everything else in the economy that isn't going up 25%.....

And it is well deserved.

This is like the main stream media, taking a metric, out of context, and making an issue over it. It's a couple of bucks a day per person. If that breaks the bank after paying thousands of dollars for a cruise, then book all of your cruises for the next 2 years before 12/31/22 and pre-pay your service charges. 

Earlier this year, I bought eggs for $0.79/dozen. Now, I am paying nearly $2/dozen.

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Yes, a very small fraction of the cruise price is going up by 25%.

Oh its only a small fraction of the total vacation expense so it makes it completely fine.....

Except they are doing small changes everywhere. There was just a video released by one of the cruise vloggers talking about this in the last week how its just a little here, just a little there, just taking this small thing away, just adding a new charge for this little thing.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

And it is well deserved.

Which I think many people are saying means that they should be getting an actual salary related to that in addition to some additional tip if they do a great job.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Earlier this year, I bought eggs for $0.79/dozen. Now, I am paying nearly $2/dozen.

Which is drastically different as the US lost 10% of its egg production because of a flu going around within poultry. Those egg prices can also come back down just like how Pork, Milk, or others went up then went back down.

4 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Yesterday I paid $7.99 for a carton of 18 large eggs, up from $6.99 two weeks ago.

Where do you get eggs so cheaply??  

We go to Costco to get our eggs at just over $2 a dozen (when buying five dozen). The local grocery stores have eggs around $5/dozen, so we just get the giant quantities! Doesn't hurt that my husband and I enjoy eggs. I'm very interested in where @BirdTravels is finding such cheap eggs too!

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

We go to Costco to get our eggs at just over $2 a dozen (when buying five dozen). The local grocery stores have eggs around $5/dozen, so we just get the giant quantities! Doesn't hurt that my husband and I enjoy eggs.

That is a LOT of eggs!  Wait a tick..... Are you the guys that egged my house last week??(jk)

8 hours ago, Ray4Fun said:

I've always said that.  I consider it part of the fare and factor it in.  It allows NCL to advertise large type $399 cruises.  Then you realize that's an inside cabin to Nassau at the peak of hurricane season.  And you have DSC, taxes, and gratuities on top of that.  

Would I prefer something more transparent, like adding $140 to the price of a cruise and eliminating DSC?  Yes.  But that won't happen so just remember to add it on your overall cost.