Is there any dress code at all in the dining room?

ontheweb

16 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Can I just wear my tie dye shirts and blue jeans? (Sailing on the Prima this summer)

Yep.  If the tie dye shirt has a collar and is in good condition and the jeans are clean and not tattered.  Love that about NCL!

Edited by graphicguy

The ship's dailies will give the specifics for your cruise but jeans can be worn in any NCL restaurant. There can be restrictions as far as the length, condition, and location of the jeans...

"...jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants."

...but otherwise, jeans are fine. 

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/what-clothes-should-i-pack

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Yep.  If the tie dye shirt has a collar and is in good condition and the jeans are clean and not tattered.  Love that about NCL!

OOPS, the tie dye shirts are tee shirts, so I guess they are out. 😒

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

You can wear tee shirts in the vast majority of NCL dining rooms. It can vary by ship, but usually there are two or three such as the aft main dining room, Le Bistro and Ocean Blue or their equivalent (I'm not sure about all the Prima restaurants) that require a collared shirt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

T-shirts are fine except for the few restaurants that ask that men wear a collared shirt. The ship's dailies will specify which restaurants for your particular ship/cruise are "smart casual". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've never tried to dine in Le Bistro, Ocean Blue, or the fancy MDR, because they have rules about shirts, pants and shoes. Blech!

My idea of a dress code is a t-shirt, pair of flippie floppies, and shorts (typically athletic-style, sometimes chino-style). I've never been denied access. You'll be fine with that tie dye shirt. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

You can wear tee shirts in the vast majority of NCL dining rooms. It can vary by ship, but usually there are two or three such as the aft main dining room, Le Bistro and Ocean Blue or their equivalent (I'm not sure about all the Prima restaurants) that require a collared shirt. 

OK, thanks, I'll try to find the thread where @BirdTravels reviews his recent Prima cruise and ask which restaurants have that requirement.

Edited by ontheweb

13 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

OK, thanks, I'll try to find the thread where @BirdTravels reviews his recent Prima cruise and ask which restaurants have that requirement.

Palomar and Le Bistro. Palomar is kinda the Ocean Blue of the Prima (even servicing some Ocean Blue dishes). 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Greygooser said:

just want to chime in and say the MDR and specialty restaurants (even complimentary noodle bar) always ask gentleman to remove their hats, at least for dinner. Or that was my experience on the Getaway last week.

I've never been asked to remove my hat.  I was on the Getaway in October.  Of course, things change so this could be something new.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

My husband always wears black jeans, black sneakers and a polo shirt and considers that "fancy" enough. He has never been barred from any restaurant.

I often wear black sweats, black slippers and a polo shirt and have never been barred from anything.  The only ones who gave me grief was DW and DD the second time at LeBistro.  I indulged them the first night, but just had a big old "MY COMFORT IS PARAMOUNT, I'M ON VACATION DANGIT" attitude on the second.

(disclaimer: both dinners were very enjoyable and it was not spoken of again)😎

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

My husband always wears black jeans, black sneakers and a polo shirt and considers that "fancy" enough. He has never been barred from any restaurant.

A polo shirt has a collar so it meets the dress code requirements of every NCL restaurant, and jeans are also allowed in every restaurant.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rnr4thatsme said:

If we book the fancier main (complementary) dining room dinner on embarkation day, do they still enforce the no shorts/t-shirts rule?   Wondering about if we get our luggage before our 5:30 reservataion.

Always can wear long pants and a collared shirt getting on the ship. Not difficult.